PDA

View Full Version : Blair in Baghdad

Ali
12-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Asked about his feelings as he arrived in Baghdad he said: "Security is very heavy.

"You can feel the sense of danger that people live in here."

Terrorists want to stop people having the opportunity to decide on a democratic state, he said. But he added: "There is another choice for Iraq: the choice of democracy and the choice of freedom. Our job is to help them get there, because that is what they want." Democracy? American Democracy or British Democracy? I don't remember being asked if I wanted to go to war, Mr Blair. All I remember is you waving a bit of paper and screeching that Saddam was going to unleash chemical hell in 45 minutes.

UN Iraqi envoy Lakhdar Brahimi warned that holding the elections would be impossible unless “first and foremost security improves.”

The UN pulled its non-Iraqi staff out of the war-torn country in October 2003 because of the deteriorating security situation, following a deadly August 19 attack on the UN's Baghdad headquarters which killed top envoy Sergio Vieira De Mello and 21 others. Here we go again. US and UK are all ready to go, the UN (rest of the world) says no. I predict another fukup.

100% ILL
12-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Democracy? American Democracy or British Democracy? I don't remember being asked if I wanted to go to war, Mr Blair.

Here we go again. US and UK are all ready to go, the UN (rest of the world) says no. I predict another fukup.

Democracy is Democracy is Democracy. And really, setting up a democratic form of government in the middle of this chaotic blood bath would be unprecedented. The rest of the world has no vested interest in this matter, unless they're fighting against democracy.

Ali
12-21-2004, 10:11 AM
setting up a democratic form of government in the middle of this chaotic blood bath would be unprecedented A bloody miracle, more like it. Maybe you'd better PRAY!

100% ILL
12-21-2004, 12:05 PM
A bloody miracle, more like it. Maybe you'd better PRAY!

If it were successful would you be happy?

I somehow doubt it.

100% ILL
12-21-2004, 01:19 PM

Ali
12-22-2004, 04:26 AM
If it were successful would you be happy?

I somehow doubt it.If it were successful, it would mean that the UN had intervened and the US and UK were finally acting as members of the UN and not opponents.

Yes, I would be happy.