PDA

View Full Version : "America: The Book" by Jon Stewart

DroppinScience
12-22-2004, 02:01 AM
Oh God, this book is freaking hilarious... and dead on too.

I got it for my brother for X-mas (thank God he doesn't post here ;)) and I couldn't stop putting it down. I finally had to wrap it up in an act of self-control.

When he opens his present, he's gonna have a tough time yanking it out of my hands. :p

Rosie Cotton
12-22-2004, 02:33 AM
I almost got that for my birthday.

D_Raay
12-22-2004, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I know it's one of my presents, can't wait...

Qdrop
12-22-2004, 09:42 AM
i got it.

easily the funniest book i have ever read...and i'm not done with it yet!

between me, my girl, and my friends.....it keeps getting grabbed and "borrowed".....

spot on and hilarious....

EN[i]GMA
12-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Brilliant.

Tore through it in 2 days. Hilarious.

ASsman
12-22-2004, 11:19 AM
I know what I'm using my Amazon.com gift card for.

Marlene
12-22-2004, 03:45 PM
i got this for my SO for xmas....i think he might have gotten it for me, too. at any rate...i haven't sneaked a peek. i've been a very good girl.....

D_Raay
12-22-2004, 04:00 PM
I wanna read it.

I cant afford it :(
I'll send you my copy after I have read it. I will probably read it cover to cover in a day.

louise
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
is it about how amerika thinks about aids kids.....or how they tread them.....saw a programme about aidskids and how new york just fuck's up them....traying all sorts off new medicine on them....even when they go bad at it...if you don't give the treatment they thake the kids away from you..it was a shame...big time...felt so sorry for the little baby's..they looked horrible i just could not believe it AMERIKA what are you doing with you little aidskids..

whatever there is you can not test on baby's... :mad:

QueenAdrock
12-22-2004, 06:14 PM
I got it for my birthday, courtesy of my brother. Awesome book.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have a date with a fine slice of brown sugar.

DroppinScience
12-22-2004, 06:42 PM
is it about how amerika thinks about aids kids.....or how they tread them.....saw a programme about aidskids and how new york just fuck's up them....traying all sorts off new medicine on them....even when they go bad at it...if you don't give the treatment they thake the kids away from you..it was a shame...big time...felt so sorry for the little baby's..they looked horrible i just could not believe it AMERIKA what are you doing with you little aidskids..

No, "America: The Book" is a brilliant satire of a traditional text book. Nothing to do with aidskids (your broken English leaves me confused as to what this is about).

Link here: http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/book.jhtml

Rosie Cotton
12-22-2004, 08:06 PM

Umm, what are you talking about?

Qdrop
12-23-2004, 07:29 AM
"If con is the opposite of pro, then isn't congress the opposite of progress? OR DID WE JUST BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND!"

good stuff.

also, i think it would be fitting to point out that the beastie boys make an appearance in the book as well.......page 90, top right corner.... (y)

ASsman
12-23-2004, 10:59 AM
"Do you know what Bicameral means? Are there any bi-cameral girls in your class?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, ok I must have it now!

Rosie Cotton
12-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Yeah, i didn't get it.

cosmo105
12-24-2004, 01:48 AM
"If con is the opposite of pro, then isn't congress the opposite of progress? OR DID WE JUST BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND!"

good stuff.

also, i think it would be fitting to point out that the beastie boys make an appearance in the book as well.......page 90, top right corner.... (y)
they mentioned something about "the right to party" being fought for as well.

yeah, i got it when i was stuck in cincinnati for six hours. read it that night. shit's hilarious. (y)

ASsman
12-26-2004, 12:17 PM
It's both funny and depressing.

adam_f
12-26-2004, 08:47 PM
My dad bought it for me the day it came out. I thought it was a textbook for a second. Then I realized that was the joke.

DroppinScience
12-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Oddly enough, it turns out my Dad bought "America: The Book" for ME!! :eek:

But that's okay, double your pleasure. ;)

HotAndWet
12-27-2004, 12:35 AM
I got my dad this for x-mas, I didn't wrap it until Christmas eve cuz I kept looking through it, I looooove it. (y)

monkey
12-27-2004, 12:54 AM
i bought it soon after it came out. i loved it. i think i might read it now again maybe.

it was the only textbook ive ever read cover to cover :o

DandyFop
12-27-2004, 01:15 AM
I find the best way to read it is cover to cover. I tried reading bits and pieces and it wasn't as funny as just reading it straight through. I bought mine for half price, woot, but then gave it to my bro for Christmas cause I couldn't think of anything else.

<3 the Daily show