PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys to play Field Day in july??

YoungRemy
12-31-2004, 05:51 PM
dont know whether this holds up, knowing the debacle that was "Failed Day" 2003, but i found this recently...

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. September 20, 2004, 11:00 AM ET

Field Day Fest Tries Again In New York
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000632889

Move over Woodstock -- Field Day is on the way. New York's mid-Hudson Valley, home to the original Woodstock Music Festival and Woodstock '94, is drumming up another two-day music gathering. This time it will be on the east side of the Hudson River.

New York promoter Andrew Dreskin got the go-ahead last week from the town board in Red Hook to put together the Field Day music and arts festival on Greig Farm, about 45 miles south of Albany in Dutchess County. Dreskin agreed to give the town a dollar for each ticket sold.

Dreskin said there would be 50 to 60 acts, performing either July 16 and 17 or July 23 and 24, 2005, depending on who is signed. He said possibilities include Radiohead, the Beastie Boys and Norah Jones. The show is expected to draw about 35,000 people a day, with three nights of camping.

The promoter staged his first Field Day concert in June 2003 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., after plans to hold the event in Riverhead, N.Y., collapsed at the last minute. The show featured performances by Radiohead, the Beastie Boys, Spiritualized and Blur.

BGirl
01-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Wait, another Field Day?? I was supposed to work at the last one. I will have to look into this...

Thanks!

(Freedom Toast, for the last Field Day the line-up was pretty mellow, as were the fans planning to attend, from what I could see.)

beastiegirrl101
01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
when do tickets go on sale for this?

YoungRemy
01-05-2005, 12:21 PM
when do tickets go on sale for this?

nothing has been finalized yet, did you read the article?

last years "Field Day" was a disaster. a week before the festival, the town of Riverhead pulled out and they cancelled the gig entirely.

then, Dreskin put together this 1 day event at Giants Stadium in the rain.

right before Beck was supposed to perform, he slipped and twisted his ankle badly and they had to cancel his show.

all in all, it was a Beastie BOys opening for Radiohead concert, which wasnt all that bad...

bgirl forever!!
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Wasn't all that bad ???
That would be my dream concert.
Well, Besides the rain...

I'll be there this time, if it actually does happen.
Coachella is much much fun, but Field Day is closer to home for me. (y)

monkey
01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
im still pissed off about the last field day. i had my weekend so nicely planned out....

oh but i'd be there in a heartbeat, of course.