PDA

View Full Version : Frontline-The Jesus Factor

ASsman
01-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Illustrates GWB's faith, and how it clouds his judgement. Supporting church-state "corporation" and the such. Scary shit, Jews better start running.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jesus/

Lindsey_1535
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I just like how its called - The Jesus Factor

ASsman
01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jesus/talk/

Shows how idiotic and close minded people are. They are unable to see that church-state is BAD. This is the world these people live in, I for one am scared. This type of midset is what secured the Nazi party's power.

Now to one of my pet peeves - Why is it that many supposedly well-educated people cannot seem to understand that the so-called "Separation of Church and State" is simply a requirement that the State shall not be permitted to set up a state-sponsored church? It is written quite clearly and, from the point of view of a foreigner, needs no complicated interpretation.
CLEARLY, as clear as my semen. Idiot, maybe he should get some of what "well-educated" people are getting.

Lindsey_1535
01-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Man, some(most) of those things people are wrote are so stupid. I think I'm just going to give up understanding this whole thing all together.

ASsman
01-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Faith-Based programs... e.g a Holy War.

Thankyou Frontline for the clearly informative Jesus Factor.I am forty years old and I am not a registered voter. After viewing the jesus factor, I am for the first time in my life going to VOTE. My vote is for George W Bush.
Nicejob moron, he can't run for a 3rd time (atleast not under the current Constitution). Of course you wouldn't know that ,since you can't be bothered to get off your ass to vote.

I do thank God for our President. Because we live in America we can agree to disagree about our President without someone coming to take us away to never be seen
Well, I do recall a clip of Bush were he was adressing congress. He said something like "you are with us, or you are a terrorist".

SobaViolence
01-04-2005, 10:38 PM
wow.

and to think both sides of my family tree, going back to Ireland and France, fought FOR the seperation of Church and State, while living under totalitarian monarchies, on the bottom of the socio-economic pyramid...

The USA is becoming more and more like Saudi Arabia every passing day. (n)

ASsman
01-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I hope ya'll have your Klorans ready. The White Knights will ride once more.

Whois
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope ya'll have your Klorans ready. The White Knights will ride once more.

Don't forget your Klan flags!

http://www.christianbooksandthings.com/flags.htm

Wow, now that's a full service Christian store...

D_Raay
01-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Idle thought: Do you suppose a perverted priest has ever tried to stick a crucifix up a kid's ass? Just wondering.

ASsman
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
I know I have.

Whois
01-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Idle thought: Do you suppose a perverted priest has ever tried to stick a crucifix up a kid's ass? Just wondering.

What's the name for a fetish like that...

Analcrucifixophelia??

what_the_doofus
01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
This type of midset is what secured the Nazi party's power.

No, bombing a facility and blaming it on the Communists is what secured the Nazi party's power.

ASsman
01-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh.

Ace42
01-05-2005, 08:16 PM
No, bombing a facility and blaming it on the Communists is what secured the Nazi party's power.

Like bombing a couple of sky-scrapers and blaming it onthe ay-rabs?

Spanishbomb808
01-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I saw part of this.

It sickens me that a christian is in charge.

Long live secularism!
Viva el secularismo !

SobaViolence
01-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Don't forget your Klan flags!

http://www.christianbooksandthings.com/flags.htm

Wow, now that's a full service Christian store...

an Irish flag and a flag that resembles that of Nova Scotia...i feel dirty.

ASsman
01-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Hmmm, Wisconsin Militia.

racer5.0stang
01-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Like bombing a couple of sky-scrapers and blaming it onthe ay-rabs?

Actually they took credit for it.

As in they admitted to it.

Qdrop
01-06-2005, 10:25 AM

yeah......ummm.....we know that arabs flew those plains, Ace. and they were part of AlQueda....

that has never been contested.......even by the Saudi's......

as a matter of fact.....
we DIDN'T blame it on the Saudi's.......we blamed it on the the Taliban in Afganastan for supporting Al Queda....and let Saudi Arabia slide......cause we like thier oil.
and they own alot of our corporate business.
and you know this.

ASsman
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM

I know I would have.

bb_bboy
01-06-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't think that the separation of church and state requires that an elected official renounce or veil his religious beliefs, no matter what faith he does or does not suscribe to. Obviously he is sensationalizing his beliefs and taking advantage of foolish people by promoting his faith to secure votes, but I think it is a stretch to say that because we have a Christian president that we have a state sponsored Christian religion. Even acknolwedging that we have a majority of elected officals who are Christians is not to say that we have a theocracy or even an offical national religion. We can however begin to say that we have a government who is highly influenced by Christianity because the majority of our leaders are listening to or rather catering to a large Christian constituency. I see this in itself as a distorted representation of the American populace, but I think it is hyperbole to say that we have an imposed national religion when that is simply not the case. Situations where religion is imposed and/or abused happens a great deal more at the local levels than at the national level and focusing on these instances of injustice would be much more productive.

Qdrop
01-06-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't think that the separation of church and state requires that an elected official renounce or veil his religious beleifs, no matter what faith he does or does not suscribe to. Obviously he is sensationalizing his beleifs and taking advantage of foolish people by promting his faith to secure votes, but I think it is a stretch to say that because we have a Chrisitan president that we have a state sponsored Christian religion. Even acknolwedging that we have a majority of elected officals who are Christians is not to say that we have a theocracy or even an offical national religion. We can however begin to say that we have a government who is highly influenced by Christianity because the majority of our leaders are listening to or rather catering to a large Christian constituency. I see this in itself as a distorted representation of the American populace, but I think it is hyperbole to say that we have an imposed national religion when that is simply not the case. Situations where religion is imposed and/or abused happens a great deal more at the local levels than at the national lelvel and focusing on these instances of injustice would be much more productive.

very well put.

D_Raay
01-06-2005, 01:02 PM
but I think it is a stretch to say that because we have a Christian president that we have a state sponsored Christian religion.
Well, with all the government money going to "faith-based" organizations, and the congressional prayer sessions, and with nuts like Jerry Falwell appearing on supposed political programs, what are we to think? I don't think any of us are saying that the time has come, just that the warning signs are there.
It's these fellows fault, not ours. They are forcing it on us albeit it is discreetly for the most part. I shouldn't have to turn on a political pundit show and see Jerry Falwell warning Senators that if they block President Bush's judicial appointments, they will lose their respective elections. This is where the comparisons to a Theocracy come in.

what_the_doofus
01-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, with all the government money going to "faith-based" organizations, and the congressional prayer sessions, and with nuts like Jerry Falwell appearing on supposed political programs, what are we to think? I don't think any of us are saying that the time has come, just that the warning signs are there.
It's these fellows fault, not ours. They are forcing it on us albeit it is discreetly for the most part. I shouldn't have to turn on a political pundit show and see Jerry Falwell warning Senators that if they block President Bush's judicial appointments, they will lose their respective elections. This is where the comparisons to a Theocracy come in.
Yeah, but that's not the government's doing. If they kept people like Falwell off the air, it would be infringing on his rights.

D_Raay
01-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, but that's not the government's doing. If they kept people like Falwell off the air, it would be infringing on his rights.
Why would they invite him to participate in political discussions in the first place??!!

what_the_doofus
01-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Why would they invite him to participate in political discussions in the first place??!!
where did the government invite him?
The people making the TV show might have...

ASsman
01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I don't think that the separation of church and state requires that an elected official renounce or veil his religious beliefs, no matter what faith he does or does not suscribe to. Obviously he is sensationalizing his beliefs and taking advantage of foolish people by promoting his faith to secure votes, but I think it is a stretch to say that because we have a Christian president that we have a state sponsored Christian religion........

Did you watch it?

Ace42
01-06-2005, 08:43 PM

In Racerstang world they did. In reality, that happened several years after the attacks, and after the US had already invaded Afghanistan.

racer5.0stang
01-06-2005, 11:16 PM
In Racerstang world they did. In reality, that happened several years after the attacks, and after the US had already invaded Afghanistan.

Whatever man, Ossama(sp) sent us a tape taking credit for the attacks shortly after.

Ace42
01-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Whatever man, Ossama(sp) sent us a tape taking credit for the attacks shortly after.

If by "shortly after" you mean over two years after, then yes.

If you mean he sent a tape saying "you had it coming" and in that tape did not take any credit for it whatsoever, soon after the attack, then yes, he did.

Really, why don't you go and check the facts and find out the truth, instead of telling me what you would like to be the case.

D_Raay
01-07-2005, 03:31 AM
where did the government invite him?
The people making the TV show might have...
These supposed "pundit" shows do in fact speak for the parties. The parties make up the government. Sheesh do I have to spell it out for you? I suppose you believe the swift boat veterans had nothing to do with the Bush campaign team too?

synch
01-07-2005, 04:05 AM
Racer, question for ya.

What's your opinion about the fact that www.christianbooksandthings.com sells kkk flags?

(http://www.christianbooksandthings.com/flags.htm in case you missed it)

Oh and I'm not accusing you or christianity of anything, just want your opinion on it.

bb_bboy
01-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Did you watch it?

I only looked through the website. I haven't been able to see the show yet, plus it may sicken me too much to learn the extent of things if they are as bad as you say. If you have seen it can you indicate some points that really emphasize your concerns on the issue so I can better understand your point of view? I spent a good deal of time at the site but not enough to really dig deeper into the issue - I will appreciate any insight you can give me on the matter.

As an aside but to the same point:
I think that church and state, as much as America would like to seperate them, are invariably connected to some degreee. We see throughout history that the two quintessential methods developed for controlling large groups of people, politics and religion, have a union as a means seeking an end of power and control that long proceeds mankinds best attempts to seperate them. This is not to say that ideally we would wedge the two apart - however, it is in the interests of those in control, i.e. those with a vested interest in politics, in any particular region to use regional cultural influences to try to stay in control. Unfortunately, organized religion and its cultural ingrainedness has for a long time remained one infalliable method of securing and retaining political influence. To say that church and state in almost any nation in the world are truly seperated is simply being naive. However, one could develop a spectrum of church's influence of state affairs of the nations throughout the world to draw some simple comparisons - in most cases, I think that we would be disappointed to learn how much influence and subsequent control that the world's religions have over the world's governments. With that said, I think the experiement that formally began in the United States with the signing of the Declaration of Independence still has a chance to suceed. As our nation continually becomes more religiously diverse and if our nation strives to be truly democratic, then hopefully we will see the influence of any one religious sect receed so that they all have an equal position relative to the government. Unfortunately this may be too much wishful thinking.

Sorry if I have lost my train of thought - I am encroaching on my billable hours. These are just some random thoughts. Anyone interested in some historical info on this subject may wany to check out The Vatican Exposed: Money, Murder, and the Mafia. I am only halfway through it, and it is kind of dry and thick at times, but it is frightening if it is accurate.

racer5.0stang
01-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Racer, question for ya.

What's your opinion about the fact that www.christianbooksandthings.com sells kkk flags?

(http://www.christianbooksandthings.com/flags.htm in case you missed it)

Oh and I'm not accusing you or christianity of anything, just want your opinion on it.

To plainly answer your question, no, I do not agree with it. Jesus taught a message of love.

I am a Christian. But what you and many other people have to realize is that Christianity is a large umbrella that covers alot of people and denominations. Just because someone says that they are a Christian does not make that so. You can tell alot about a person by their works. The bible (which I know you don't believe, but it describes a perfect example of the question that you asked me) talks about the apostasy or falling away. The apostasy is professing Christians who deliberately reject revealed truth such as, the deity of Jesus Christ and redemption through His atoning and redeeming sacrifice. Don't confuse apostasy with error concerning the truth, they are in fact different. In 2 Timothy 4:3,4 the apostate is perfectly described, the verses are as follows:

2 Timothy 4:3,4
3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables.

Apostates depart from the faith but not from the outward profession of Christianity.

So, point being, is that someone can claim to be something, but if they do not live by it then it is a lie and they are in fact a hypocrite.

ASsman
01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
I only looked through the website. I haven't been able to see the show yet, plus it may sicken me too much to learn the extent of things if they are as bad as you say. If you have seen it can you indicate some points that really emphasize your concerns on the issue so I can better understand your point of view? I spent a good deal of time at the site but not enough to really dig deeper into the issue - I will appreciate any insight you can give me on the matter...
I'll try and find a copy or transcript (can't remember much now, bit of a scatter at this particular time). For starters as Governer of Texas he supported "faith-based" programs. Like a Jesus AA ..etc. Find Jesus, stop doing drugs.. so on so forth. Him and his advisors wrote out a guide, or plan rather, about "faith-based" programs and how the State should assist the Church, that in turn would assist the people. Also, "We found out we could win the election by winning the evangelic votes, we didn't need the Jewish vote, or the catholic vote, or most of the conservative vote. We only needed to win the evangelic vote, enough of them, and we are in the White House". I'll try to remember some more things that stood out (there were many).

To plainly answer your question, no, I do not agree with it. Jesus taught a message of love.

I am a Christian. But what you and many other people have to realize is that Christianity is a large umbrella that covers alot of people and denominations. Just because someone says that they are a Christian does not make that so. You can tell alot about a person by their works. The bible (which I know you don't believe, but it describes a perfect example of the question that you asked me) talks about the apostasy or falling away. The apostasy is professing Christians who deliberately reject revealed truth such as, the deity of Jesus Christ and redemption through His atoning and redeeming sacrifice. Don't confuse apostasy with error concerning the truth, they are in fact different. In 2 Timothy 4:3,4 the apostate is perfectly described, the verses are as follows:

2 Timothy 4:3,4
3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables.

Apostates depart from the faith but not from the outward profession of Christianity.

So, point being, is that someone can claim to be something, but if they do not live by it then it is a lie and they are in fact a hypocrite.

But.. It's all he says, she says. They could very well call you a hypocrite... Obviously they use religion, and are prepared to support their position. Kind of the same way you can have so many Christian denominations.. they are all (most) using the same Bible.... It's like looking at abstract art, everyone seems to have their own interpretation.

bb_bboy
01-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Also, "We found out we could win the election by winning the evangelic votes, we didn't need the Jewish vote, or the catholic vote, or most of the conservative vote. We only needed to win the evangelic vote, enough of them, and we are in the White House".

A similar scenario is described in the book (The Vatican Exposed: Money, Murder, and the Mafia) I mentioned in my previous post, except they demonstrate how the support of the Vatican, in exchange for money and influence, helped Hitler and Mussolini secure power. If what the book says is true, same situation, different time.

racer5.0stang
01-08-2005, 09:10 AM
But.. It's all he says, she says. They could very well call you a hypocrite... Obviously they use religion, and are prepared to support their position. Kind of the same way you can have so many Christian denominations.. they are all (most) using the same Bible.... It's like looking at abstract art, everyone seems to have their own interpretation.

Sure, the truth is misinterpreted or misrepresented all the time, especially when someone wants it to benefit them or their opinion.

The type of people that I was refering to (an apostate) is someone that knows the truth and then falls away from it or quits believing it.

These people generally end up in a cult such as the Jehovah Witness's and Mormons.

ASsman
01-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Right, but my interpretation of the truth is different from your's. And I know I'm right because I prayed to God, and felt he answered me. So you are the apostate. Or is the Church with the most people in the "truth", or do you have Olympic type events to see which person is more "right". Maybe just a Bible-off.

SobaViolence
01-09-2005, 11:40 AM
i want to believe. i really do.

but the Pope, the Church, Christianity, Religion...i can't get with that. i would like something i could study and believe in and support, but i can't. well, not without feeling worst about myself.

so, i chose to believe in myself, to hell with the world.

FunkyHiFi
01-09-2005, 03:14 PM
so, i chose to believe in myself, to hell with the world.
There are still many good & truly caring people in the world--they just don't get the TV time the assholes do.

Sorry if this sounds sugary & goody-goody but it is true.

yeahwho
01-10-2005, 11:25 AM
WWJB
Who would Jesus bomb?

100% ILL
01-10-2005, 12:07 PM
WWJB
Who would Jesus bomb?

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

sorry, couldn't resist.

ASsman
01-10-2005, 03:20 PM
That is not a Christian thing to do. Then again Jesus is Jewish.