PDA

View Full Version : Tom Delay blames explains why non-christians died in tsunami

Mr. Boomin'Granny
01-05-2005, 08:48 PM
http://amcop.blogspot.com/2005/01/choice-words.html

Choice words…
…from a class-act guy.

This (Tuesday) morning at 9am, C-SPAN had a live telecast of the 109th Congressional Prayer Service from a church on Capitol Hill. There were some sentiments shared about the recently-passed Bob Matsui and Shirley Chisholm, and, amidst the scripture readings, reminders from a few Congressmen about the Christian foundation of our government. Others spoke of the Asian tsunami tragedy.

Then Tom DeLay gets up to the pulpit, and -- striking a beautiful note in light of the 150,000 dead from the floods referenced by his colleagues -- lets loose with some Matthew 7, beginning at verse 21.

(Many thanks to ben for the heads up on the exact wording, and to DemWatch for directing us to this transcription of the reading and MP3.)

Saith DeLay:

"A reading of the Gospel, in Matthew 7:21 through 27.

Not every one who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven; but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?

"Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you: depart from me, you evil doers.'"

Everyone who listens to these words of mine, and acts on them, will be like a wise man, who built his house on a rock:

The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, but it did not collapse; it has been set solidly on rock.

And everyone who listens to these words of mine, but does not act on them, will be like a fool who built his house on sand:

The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, and it collapsed and was completely ruined."

He finishes reading, says nothing more, and sits back down.

i want to wack this guy on the head. hard. and multiple times.

so the foolish are the ones who lost their love ones, and he's the genius?

If you voted for him then you are an idiot.

Ace42
01-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I wonder if he reads this to the quake-victims around the San Andreas fault?

cosmo105
01-05-2005, 08:54 PM
this reminds me of a woman i work with talking to a customer the other day...smiling and nodding their heads, talking quietly about how wonderful it was that judgement day is upon us, and that satan's getting his warriors ready for battle, and isn't it lovely that the lord spared the good christians?

bleh.

what_the_doofus
01-05-2005, 09:37 PM
wow.

what an idiot.

Spanishbomb808
01-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Oh great, a filthy christian smugly recites passages from his smut rag as people die. And he revels in the fact that they're don't adhere to his silly "god" ideas.

Crucifiy every lousy christian, and the world will be cleansed.

cosmo105
01-05-2005, 10:10 PM
hey spanishbomb

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY

Spanishbomb808
01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
No.

Now go delude yourself with your "god" opiate.

cosmo105
01-05-2005, 10:16 PM
1) i don't believe in god. you have no idea what you're talking about...ever.

2) that shit you just said, even if you were being sarcastic, was stupid. you're just as bad as the worst conservative christian stereotype.

3) i hope you get your ass beat every day at school.

Spanishbomb808
01-05-2005, 10:23 PM
1) Sure :p . Go listen to your new garbage and weep over an old book.

2) Secularism= Progress. christian jerks in power= A lamer Iran.

3) Surprisingly, people love me. Except for that football player I whacked with an umbrella. We refer to him as a "filthy ape."

cosmo105
01-05-2005, 10:27 PM
weep over an old book? what the hell are you talking about? i'm not christian. i'm barely agnostic. considered myself athiest for years.

i don't agree with most conservative christian ideals, but if you start generalizing about them and saying they should all be crucified, you're no better than them.

what's the use? you're so full of shit, trying to talk any sense into you is like screaming at an elephant's asshole.

Spanishbomb808
01-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm not the one exploiting a natural disaster to further my own collection plate/induce people to give me their money/spread lies.

Besides, too many of them are in control. Too many.

And I'm actually open-minded to many 'a thing, except for religious hacks, new music, films and overbearing jerks who try to shake my beliefs.

ProfJIM
01-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I do my best to ignore Spanishfuck here.

Or as I like to refer to him as, Head-Up-Assman.

He has the amazing ablity to be intollerant and compelty ignorant while belive he is open to anything.

Denial.

Denial.

Denial.

ASsman
01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
The White Knights will ride again!

And I can see to negroes ready for hanging in this thread already.

Spanishbomb808
01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I once tried an Argentine snack cake.

I liked it.

SobaViolence
01-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Spanishbomb ain't a bad guy.

ASsman
01-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Prefer him over Cosmos. For some odd reason...

D_Raay
01-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Ace help me out here......Judgement Day?!!! I mean do these blokes up in Capitol Hill really believe "Judgement Day" is upon us? Or is it an elaborate ruse to get us to spend our money and vote for who they want and further their agendas?

Ace42
01-06-2005, 03:32 AM
It would certainly explain there "who gives a fuck" attitude, if they thought the world was going to end. But then, I think they are probably just cashing in while they can.

D_Raay
01-06-2005, 03:56 AM
It's all very perplexing. I mean this country was founded on escaping the church of England. Always been kind of a white collar Australia. Every day I am confronted with something that makes me shake my head. Maybe that is the strategy. They know we are going to be pissed so they confuse us at every turn. Dissention is left scratching it's collective head.

Echewta
01-06-2005, 08:32 AM
At least those who lost family members and friends now know why it happened. Thats very comforting.

QueenAdrock
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Ace help me out here......Judgement Day?!!! I mean do these blokes up in Capitol Hill really believe "Judgement Day" is upon us?

Ain't you never seen Terminator 2? According to that movie, Judgement Day shoulda been like 6 years ago or something. We're all long overdue.

Qdrop
01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
whoa....what's up with all these "General non-beastie boys discussion"ers coming into the Political section all of the sudden and bringin their fueds with them....

"YO, YOU AIN'T NEVER BEEN TO THE GENERAL POLITICAL SECTION, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE GENERAL POLITICAL SECTION, SO STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE GENERAL POLITICAL SECTION!"

i'm kinda kidding.......

SobaViolence
01-06-2005, 11:45 AM
whoa....what's up with all these "General non-beastie boys discussion"ers coming into the Political section all of the sudden and bringin their fueds with them....

"YO, YOU AIN'T NEVER BEEN TO THE GENERAL POLITICAL SECTION, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE GENERAL POLITICAL SECTION, SO STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE GENERAL POLITICAL SECTION!"

i'm kinda kidding.......

good form, chap.

Spanishbomb808
01-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I heil from das musik sektion.

Qdrop
01-07-2005, 07:53 AM
I was wondering that too. How many other people lurk the political forum?

It seems that the same 3-4 people post here everyday.

yeah we suck.

but i post in the General and Music section too.

just spend most of my time here.

as do the other 5 or 6 regulars.

we're like a dysfunctional family in many ways....

synch
01-07-2005, 08:00 AM
The Jacksons of the bbmb but with less plastic surgery.

there is a catholic priest joke in there somewhere...

Qdrop
01-07-2005, 08:07 AM
The Jacksons of the bbmb but with less plastic surgery.

there is a catholic priest joke in there somewhere...

FUCK YOU, TITO!!!

;)

synch
01-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Before the last superbowl I thought Janet was the only sane one...

Now I'm even going to let you pick which one you want to be as they are all fucked up ;)

Rosie Cotton
01-08-2005, 02:48 AM
FUCK YOU, TITO!!!

;)
Well, then I get to be Janet. I'll be damned if I get stuck as LaToya.