PDA

View Full Version : We've got a senator now....

D_Raay
01-06-2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.ilcaonline.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1445&newlang=eng

Five Senators and Eight House Members to Challenge Election
By David Swanson, ILCA

Four Senators Join Boxer, Seven House Members Join Conyers

Senator Barbara Boxer was the first, and Kim Gandy of the National Organization of Women announced it at a rally in Lafayette Square Park Thursday morning, across from the White House. Senator Boxer would be joining Congressman John Conyers and other House Members in challenging the electoral votes from Ohio in a joint session of Congress called to certify the election.

Nearl two hours later, the Reverend Jesse Jackson, Sr., took the stage -- the final speaker before the crowd of about 300 activists in orange clothes (as worn in the Ukraine) headed down Pennsylvania Avenue toward the Capitol. Jackson told the crowd - to shouts and cheers, and in some cases tears - that Boxer would be joined by Senators Chris Dodd, Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid, and Barak Obama. From the House, Jackson said, Congressman John Conyers would challenge the Ohio vote, with the support of Stephanie Tubbs Jones, Dennis Kucinich, Jesse Jackson Jr., Maxine Waters (who also spoke at the morning rally), Robert Scott, Mel Watt, and Jerrold Nadler.

Senator John Kerry, Jackson said, was in Baghdad. "And we need him here in Washington today. Those who cannot lead today cannot lead in 2006 or 2008. This is the moment of truth!" Jackson spoke, as many of the speakers did, of building a coalition of blacks and progressives. The cheers cannot have been missed inside the walls of the White House.

Jackson left by car to go lobby senators. Phone both of yours right now -- of either party -- right now!! (202) 224-3121 or 1-800-839-5276.

Qdrop
01-06-2005, 01:15 PM
if you can, tune to AirAmercian radio now......

they are playing it live.....and the soundbytes...

Qdrop
01-06-2005, 03:43 PM
smashed.....

Bush will be certified in Ohio...

only 74 votes to object (both house and senate)......

250+ votes (INCLUDING DEMOCRATS!!) voted to no object to the ohio vote and to certify.....

the left has folded.....

i'm looking for the total exact numbers on CNN.....

what_the_doofus
01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Kerry conceded.

valvano
01-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I think Conyers has bigger problems than the Ohio vote count:

http://www.freep.com/news/locway/turkey5e_20050105.htm

gobble gobble gobble

D_Raay
01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
smashed.....

Bush will be certified in Ohio...

only 74 votes to object (both house and senate)......

250+ votes (INCLUDING DEMOCRATS!!) voted to no object to the ohio vote and to certify.....

the left has folded.....

i'm looking for the total exact numbers on CNN.....
The fact that there were 74 votes goes to show how fucked up our elction system is now doesn't it?

ASsman
01-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Someone needs to poison someone.

Qdrop
01-07-2005, 07:50 AM
The fact that there were 74 votes goes to show how fucked up our elction system is now doesn't it?

to an extent.......yes.
but dissent is an ordinary and NECCESSARY part of our democracy.

i do believe the republicans pulled some bullshit in OHIO on some level.
but nothing that democrats probably didn't pull elsewhere as well....

politics is a nasty game....and BOTH sides engage in some nasty behind-the-scene shenanigins that we wouldn't even want to know about.

i also don't think (and niether does the majority of the democratic party) that there were any significantly illegal actions going on in Ohio that would have changed the outcome of the election.
They had thousands of lawyers sitting there watching everything!!

shit, even lefties like Al Franken and the like concede that Bush won the election flat out......though they do want a full investigation into the ohio elective process, and on a national level.....for the good of democracy in the future.
and i agree with that.

the entire system needs some significant reform and updating....and tighter regulations and security.

D_Raay
01-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Exactly my point. There should be no doubt in an Election. It's the most essential part of a democracy for the common people. If it's rigged what do we have left?

Qdrop
01-07-2005, 12:56 PM
If it's rigged what do we have left?

fiegned democracy.

or thinly vieled fascism....which every you prefer.
:(

D_Raay
01-07-2005, 01:01 PM
This country needs an enema..... performed by a psychotic midget with a pair of garden shears preferably...

Qdrop
01-07-2005, 01:02 PM
This country needs an enema..... performed by a psychotic midget with a pair of garden shears preferably...

ouch....
yer scarrin me here.....

D_Raay
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
ouch....
yer scarrin me here.....
Wasn't directed at you....this time at least... just in general.

Echewta
01-07-2005, 02:52 PM
The Feds should standardize the way people vote (machines and counting) and the people at the state level should not be allowed to certify anything AND work for any election campaign at the same time.

ASsman
01-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Then it would require a Constitutional Amendment. Like those Arny commercials say, it's about time.

Dr. Spock
01-09-2005, 08:34 AM
they should of have done this in 2000, they have far less ground to stand on now...