PDA

View Full Version : INXS

DroppinScience
01-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Anyone dug these guys? Anyone actually remember them? :p

I can't say they were consistent but their album "Kick" is one perfect recording! You got "New Sensation," "Need You Tonight," "Never Tear Us Apart" and loads more!

SpanishBomb... go buy "Kick," it came out in 1987 so I'm not shilling new stuff on you. You'll like it!

paul jones
01-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Anyone dug these guys? Anyone actually remember them? :p

I can't say they were consistent but their album "Kick" is one perfect recording! You got "New Sensation," "Need You Tonight," "Never Tear Us Apart" and loads more!

SpanishBomb... go buy "Kick," it came out in 1987 so I'm not shilling new stuff on you. You'll like it!

I love everything from 1980-1988. The early albums have some great instrumentals (y)

NicRN77
01-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I was a huge INXS fan back in the day. I was even in the fanclub back when X came out. I was depressed for days when Michael Hutchence killed himself. I was lucky enough to finally catch them live on their Elegantly Wasted tour just weeks before his death. Great live band. Live Baby Live is the best live concert DVD ever. Can't believe they are making a reality show to search for a new singer. Michael is probably rolling over in his grave. I love their earlier stuff from Listen Like Thieves and Kick. Think the song 'Don't Change' is my favorite.

enree erzweglle
01-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I was depressed for days when Michael Hutchence killed himself.

I don't think he did.

There was something erotic about him--particularly in the Need You Tonight video. I work with someone who looks and acts exactly like Hutchence.

DroppinScience
01-07-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't think he did.

There was something erotic about him--particularly in the Need You Tonight video. I work with someone who looks and acts exactly like Hutchence.

I believe his death was considered "suicide" or "sexual misadventure" (he hung himself in a hotel room) :eek:

Spanishbomb808
01-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Ironically, INXS is on my "to get" list, right above Hollywood Rose and Hendrix.

I happen to have a pal who digs them, and I listened to one of their recordings a while back at his place. The content was pretty nice :)

WhoMoi?
01-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I was really surprised and sad when he died too.
They were great. I love "Never Tear Us Apart."

Spanishbomb808
01-07-2005, 11:24 PM
At first glance, it looked like you said I never liked "Love Will Tears Us Apart."

WhoMoi?
01-07-2005, 11:29 PM
At first glance, it looked like you said I never liked "Love Will Tears Us Apart."

Is that a song?
Makes me think of "Love will Keep us Together." Ugh.

Spanishbomb808
01-07-2005, 11:34 PM
It's a Joy Division tune.

It's like the inverse of happyness (y)

WhoMoi?
01-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Ohhh. Haven't listened to much Joy Division. I kind of missed them somewhere along the way.

Slick89
01-08-2005, 05:12 PM
I am a gay animal fucking queer fuck head

you finally said something true

Spanishbomb808
01-08-2005, 11:56 PM

Your words, not mine ;)

Slick89
01-09-2005, 02:05 AM

You finally said something true

Yes its true and im proud to be a gay animal fucking queer fuck head ;)

Spanishbomb808
01-09-2005, 02:08 AM
What kind of cunt qoutes himself three times?

See above :p

aenema
01-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I remember my mum used to play a tape in the car an awful lot, I loved them back then, still do.

I sort of forgot about them but this thread revived my adoration, I'll pop an album onto my list of CDs to buy once I'm not skint anymore, cheers DroppinScience!

So you'd rate 'Kick' above anything else?

NicRN77
01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
So you'd rate 'Kick' above anything else?

It is a great album, but I liked 'X' better. 'Live Baby Live' is also a great live CD. There's also a few greatest hits compilations out there you could get.

kezz
01-13-2005, 04:51 AM
its funny, i never realised how big inxs were. i just assumed that cos they were oz, they only got played here. and when michael died, i didnt realise how many songs i actually knew.

NicRN77
01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
its funny, i never realised how big inxs were. i just assumed that cos they were oz, they only got played here. and when michael died, i didnt realise how many songs i actually knew.

Really? They were huge here in the USA in the late 80s early 90s. I was in the fanclub back when X came out...ya I'm a loser. I was and still am a huge fan. Only got to see them once on the Elegantly Wasted tour. Such a great band. How do all you Aussies feel about this new INXS reality show??

Rancid_Beasties
06-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Really? They were huge here in the USA in the late 80s early 90s. I was in the fanclub back when X came out...ya I'm a loser. I was and still am a huge fan. Only got to see them once on the Elegantly Wasted tour. Such a great band. How do all you Aussies feel about this new INXS reality show??
Just thought I'd dig up this thread to say that I'm not too happy about this reality show, and from the looks of it most of australia isn't, its wasn't taken up by commercial tv stations and is now gonna air on foxtel (cable tv) in a dodgy timeslot apparently. They'd better choose an Australian to replace him. I dont want some American Idol wannabe rockstar thrown into replace possibly the greatest lead singer ever (!)

I think they were very consistant. As an Australian (where INXS saturated the radio when I was growing up) revisiting all their songs amazes me, the sheer amount of catchy, quality 80-90s rock songs they have. The Swing, Shabooh Shoobah, Listen like thieves, kick and x are all brilliant...what a run they had from 82-90.

LOBSTER PRIZE!
06-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I like Kick a lot but I LOLed when Michael Hutchence killed himself jerking off cause its funny.

Rancid_Beasties
06-14-2005, 12:01 AM
:(

But yeah it is kinda funny...in an obscure sorta way

Documad
06-14-2005, 12:11 AM
What freaks me out is that he dated Kylie (!?!), and then wound up with that bizarre woman who is Bob Geldof's ex. She has the name of a poodle. ?!?

Strange: I bought INXS's best of CD used today.

Rancid_Beasties
06-14-2005, 12:21 AM
What freaks me out is that he dated Kylie (!?!), and then wound up with that bizarre woman who is Bob Geldof's ex. She has the name of a poodle. ?!?

Strange: I bought INXS's best of CD used today.
We all know he was a bit of a weirdo when it came to women and sex, but why are you guys focusing on that and not his brilliant music and on stage charisma (y)

Father_dougal
06-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Ive never really listened. They seemed too MOR?

MC Moot
06-14-2005, 12:55 PM
In high school I was in love witha girl who loved "Kick" and unfortunately another guy.....but I saw them live on the tour that supported "Welcome to Wherever You Are" and gained massive respect for a band that was incredibly tight and had a pristine sound.....I was also shocked by the filth that came out of Hutchences mouth! Years later I once again saw them at a show,Hutchence and 2 other members of the band chucked loonies at Oasis from the second tier of the Pacific Coliseum eventually causing Noel and Liam to walk....