PDA

View Full Version : Banning .50 cal rifles

D_Raay
01-07-2005, 01:14 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/06/60minutes/main665257.shtml

(CBS) A military rifle capable of piercing armor from over a mile away is too readily available to civilians, and could end up in terrorists' hands, say critics of the .50-caliber weapon that is for sale in 49 states.

Correspondent Ed Bradley reports on the big gun that was recently banned in California for 60 Minutes, Sunday, Jan. 9, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

"I think it's a great thing on the battlefield," says one of the weapon's chief critics, Tom Diaz of the Violence Policy Center in Washington, D.C.

"I just think there are certain occasions when we say in our society, this product is such a threat to our health and safety...our national security, we will not allow it," he tells Bradley. "Thousands have been sold to civilians and, as far as federal gun laws go, it is treated like any other hunting rifle."
-----
A shame for you ASsman...

The real issue isn't terror. Politicians now know that some of America knows the last election was stolen and the current government is illegitimate. The reason they want to ban the .50s is because the .50 can penetrate their armored limousines.

ASsman
01-07-2005, 08:58 PM
SONS OF BITCHES. Where's the ACLU, or do they not take care of these type of cases.

Yah, they can take my .50 cal rifle, but they'll never take my .50 cal Desert Eagle.. oh wait, I think they took that too. Fuck! I guess I'll have to settle for a .44 with Teflon coated rounds. Or I'll borrow my uncles .50 cal.

Or ,a Ruger Model 99/44 Deerfield. Hah, theyll have to deal with a .44. Or a good ole Magnum .44, yes it's about penetration.

Anyways, they should of thought of taking our guns away before the NRA was started.. hell they even protested the banning of "cop-killer" bullets (that is for self-defense...from a cop..or a robo-cop).

SobaViolence
01-08-2005, 12:44 AM
(that is for self-defense...from a cop..or a robo-cop).

LOL! (y)

Whois
01-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Let's see, how many crimes have been linked to the .50 cal rifle.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......anyone?

ASsman
01-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I bet all those downed Commercial Airliners... maybe?