PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like besides the beasties?

Leonie
01-14-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm really into the beasties at the moment but I also like other music. We all love the Beastie boys ofcourse but what do you like besides them? well for exemple I also like NERD, outkast, Bob Marley, The Roots, Kanye West, Red hot chili peppers, The strokes, Incubus, Jimi Hendrix.. and I could go on and on but I want to hear from you guys what you like so.. I expect we don't all like the same music but I don't feel the need to diss eachother beacause of our musictastes ;) give your opinion and say what kinda music you like, I'm really curious...

JessicaT
01-14-2005, 02:39 PM
For me there is just good and bad music
I like whatever :

Alanis Morissette
Jay-z
Janis Joplin
The Hives
Nirvana
Kanye West
Missy Elliott
Björk
Coldplay
Radiohead
Guns N Roses

To mention some i like.....I can go on and on and on.........

DroppinScience
01-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Well let's see...

Stuff like punk, alternative, indie, hip-hop, country, jazz, bossa nova, folk, R&B, reggae, ska, dub, electronica, emo, hardcore.

Too many bands and too many styles (and sub-genres) to even list. I'll listen to anything in any genre, so long as it doesn't suck ass.

mr_krinkle
01-14-2005, 03:32 PM
2pac
some eminem
rhcp
primus
all kinds of patton stuff
estradasphere
ratm
zappa
brecker bros

and a lot more than that, but i can't think of any other bands

DroppinScience
01-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh yes, and one more important thing about my musical interests...

I'm BIG on artists who combine styles and genres liberally (i.e. Beck, The Beta Band, etc).

Mac D
01-14-2005, 08:04 PM
The Killers
Green Day
Jurassic 5
Nappy Roots
Nas
Switchfoot
Something Corporate
Lostprophets
Dave Matthews Band

just a bunch of various artists

pshabi
01-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Sublime
Nirvana
Bob Dylan
Bob Marley
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Jimi Hendrix
Outkast
Nas
John Lennon
Marvin Gaye
Johnny Cash
Prince
Misfits
Jayhawks
Weezer

and lots of other shit on top of that.

HellofaSandwich
01-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Mr. Bungle
Faith No More
Oingo Boingo/Danny Elfman
Rush
Fantomas
The Clash
Weezer
The Slackers
Modest Mouse
The Arcade Fire
Fugazi
Fiery Furnaces
Single Frame
The Briefs
The Exploding Hearts
Wilco
They Might Be Giants
Black Keys
Despistado
The Smiths
Morrissey
John Zorn
Ween

Tons of bands, really. More every day.

Rosie Cotton
01-15-2005, 12:27 AM
I think this is the third time since I've joined that this subject has come up. Just sayin'.

Anyway, this isn't everything, just the stuff in my CD book at the moment:

Alice in Chains
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Blondie
Blur
David Bowie
The Breeders
Cheap Trick
The Clash
Coldplay
Elvis Costello
Cypress Hill
Deftones
Fishbone
Garbage
Lauren Hill
Incubus
The Jam
Jane's Addiction
Jurassic 5
John Lennon
Luscious Jackson
Madness
Bob Marley
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Nirvana
NWA
Oasis
Parliament
The Pixies
The Police
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Roots
Run-DMC
Smashing Pumpkins
The Specials
The Style Council
System of a Down
Tenacious D
Weezer
Paul Weller
The Who
Wings

beastie fresh
01-15-2005, 03:24 AM
I listen to rock mostly, and a little hip hop

Made In Japan
01-15-2005, 03:30 AM
linkin park, nickelback, and a bunch of others

intergalactic
01-15-2005, 06:21 AM
guess my most listened too would be:

Elliot Smith
Ian Brown
Smashing Pumpkins
Zwan
Postal Service
Strokes
Beck
Jurrasic 5
Roots
Talib Kweli
Interpol
Stone Roses
Belle and Sebastian
David Grey
Josh Rouse
Muse

10p Party
01-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Aphex Twin
Interpol
Joy Division
The Chemical Brothers
Bloc Party
The Beach Boys
Ben Folds Five
The Libertines
The Kinks
Leftfield
The Pixies
Snoop Doggy Dogg
NWA
The Velvet Underground
Nick Drake
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Groove Armada
Roots manuva
OutKast
Nirvana
Bob Marley
Radiohead
Babyshambles
Franz Ferdinand

mr_krinkle
01-15-2005, 08:42 AM
oh yeah..
i listen to portishead and paria too
and infection (israeli band)

eb437425
01-15-2005, 12:23 PM
I'll listen to anything in any genre, so long as it doesn't suck ass.

2nd

Mac D
01-15-2005, 12:53 PM
linkin park, nickelback, and a bunch of others

Nickelback, good grief...

grass_roots
01-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Southern Rock, Bluegrass, Folk, Blues, Country that's the mainstay really, throw in some mellow surfer influences, a few jam bands and a whole slew of jazz and latino shit and all my local Canadian/Quebecois favs and that's my taste:

Blue Rodeo
Wilco
John Prine
Dylan
The Dead
The Band
Clapton
Muddy Waters
Tom Waits
Billy Holiday
Nick Cave
Zeppelin
Jim White
Jean Leloup
Sublime
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Beach Boys
Bob Marley
Tryo
Phish
Manu Chao
Stan Getz
Tragically Hip
Rheostatics
Sadies

DroppinScience
01-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Nickelback, good grief...

Not to mention Linkin Park... I can only hope the "numerous others" remark is of bands that do NOT suck big time. :p

10p Party
01-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Not to mention Linkin Park... I can only hope the "numerous others" remark is of bands that do NOT suck big time. :p

Well I suppose he can spell numerous,,,,No, no its probably just more sucky bands.

Leonie
01-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Southern Rock, Bluegrass, Folk, Blues, Country that's the mainstay really, throw in some mellow surfer influences, a few jam bands and a whole slew of jazz and latino shit and all my local Canadian/Quebecois favs and that's my taste:

Manu Chao

Yeah Manu Chao :p me gustan Manu chao (y Beastie Boys) :D Yeah I have spanish class..

By the way.. No one loves NERD? I really love them.. they are my number 2.. On 1 are the Beasties ofcourse ;)

rahntl
01-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I LOVE NERD too. Pharrell in general is good in anything he does. If you have not got the new Snoop Dogg it is great (Pharrell is on there too). 4 new CDs I got last week and cannot stop listening to: Nas Street Disciple, Interpol Antics, Scissor Sisters, and Ludacris Red Light District. They are all A++. I have a bit of a problem buying CDs. I buy at least 2 a week. It's a bad habit.

b-grrrlie
01-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Are these forgotten? (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=14176&page=1&pp=30&highlight=BLACK+REBEL+MOTORCYCLE+CLUB)

M.C. Guevera
01-19-2005, 03:34 PM
I listened to alot of different musical genres, but my most listened to genre is rap with rock coming in second.

Artists/Groups I like:
-Kanye West
-Eminem
-Jay-Z
-Outkast
-Gorillaz
-Linkin Park
-Snoop Dogg
-Avril Lavigne
-Christy Carlson Romano
-Skye Sweetnam
-Quarashi
-Public Enemy

I listen to the Beastie Boys, Quarashi, Public Enemy, and Skye Sweetnam the most. I listen to those 4 on a daily basis moreso than any other artists/bands.

meniri mca
01-19-2005, 04:26 PM
molotov, a mexican group who has a great beastie boys cover of "girls", it callls "chavas"

CrankItUp!
01-19-2005, 09:44 PM
THE RAMONES

Spanishbomb808
01-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Right now I'm into:

New Order
The Cure
The Clash
Zeppelin

Other than the Beasties, these bands are the ones I've spent the most on. I dig other stuff, but these are my prime investments.

(See, I went an entire post without offending new-music-loving clods!)

Rosie Cotton
01-20-2005, 12:47 AM
(See, I went an entire post without offending new-music-loving clods!)
Up until this sentence, yeah. :p

Did you not read my list? There's quite a bit of new music on there, and You've never called me anything. Am I with Droppin' Science in your short list of "People who like new shit and the Beatles that I get along with"?

Spanishbomb808
01-20-2005, 12:59 AM
The fact that you listen to the Beatles and Wings IN ADDITION to Nirvana and NWA really makes me want to slap you (n)

At least you dig The Clash and Madness...

Rosie Cotton
01-20-2005, 01:20 AM
The fact that you listen to the Beatles and Wings IN ADDITION to Nirvana and NWA really makes me want to slap you (n)
This is the funniest thing I have ever read in any of your posts.

At least you dig The Clash and Madness...
Damn straight.

Spanishbomb808
01-20-2005, 01:22 AM
I did the "One Step Beyond" dance once. Thankfully, the alcohol nullified people's memory.

Rosie Cotton
01-20-2005, 07:14 PM
You don't like The Jam or The Specials?

jjjjjj
01-20-2005, 08:25 PM
I think this is the third time since I've joined that this subject has come up. Just sayin'.

Alice in Chains
Beastie Boys
Incubus
Nirvana
The Pixies
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Run-DMC
Weezer

tdot04
01-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Artists I dig at the moment:

OutKast
Biz Markie
EPMD
Run-D.M.C.
Rakim
Nas
Jay-Z
KRS-One
Wu-Tang
Tupac
Big Daddy Kane
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
k-Os
Mos Def
Pete Rock & CL Smooth
The Pharcyde
Redman
The Roots
Royce Da 5'9"
Talib Kweli
A Tribe Called Quest

SuperZenki
01-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Bands: AC/DC, Breaking Benjamin, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, KoRn, The Ramones, Pantera, Linkin Park, Hoobastank, 3 Doors Down, Bowling For Soup, Guns 'N' Roses, KISS, Metallica, Slipknot, The Pillows, Queen, Cake, Beastie Boys, The Seat Belts, AeroSmith, Black Eyed Peas, The Who, Good Charlotte, Godsmack, No Doubt, Maroon 5, Green Day, OutKast, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Simple Plan, MegaDeth, P.O.D., Motley Crue, Van Halen, Goldie Wilson For Mayor (Not an official band yet). There may be more, I just can't think of them right now, but I'm pretty sure I got all of them.

Music artists: Johnny Cash, Eminem, Method Man, MC Hammer, Snoop Dogg, Usher, Chingy, R. Kelly, Nelly, Jimi Hendrix, mc chris, Schooly D, Jay-Z, and I'm pretty sure I listen to more, but I just can't think of them right now.

Music in general:
1. Heavy metal/Rock
2. Rap
3. Pop
4. J-Pop
5. Reagge (SP?)
6. Jazz

g-mile7
01-20-2005, 09:10 PM
anything that sounds good but mainly

RB,Jazz and Soul.

Spanishbomb808
01-20-2005, 10:32 PM
You don't like The Jam or The Specials?

Ironically, I've only read about Paul Weller and the Jam, and the Specials sound like one of those English Beat-kind-of bands to me.

Madness had a catchy dance ;)

Rosie Cotton
01-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Ironically, I've only read about Paul Weller and the Jam, and the Specials sound like one of those English Beat-kind-of bands to me.

Madness had a catchy dance ;)
If you like Madness you'll like The Specials.

And start listening to The Jam, you'll probably like them.

Brooklyn Babe
01-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Depeche Mode
The White Stripes

Rancid_Beasties
01-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Hip Hop-
Grandmaster Flash
Run DMC
Jurassic 5
Punk-
Rancid
NOFX
The Clash
The Donnas
The Sex Pistols
Goldfinger
Ramones
AFI
Bad Religion
Bodyjar
Me First and the gimmie gimmies
The offspring
Rock-
Jimi Hendrix
Rocket Science
Dallas Crane
ACDC
Nirvana
Ground Components
The Redsunband
The presidents of the usa
Radiohead
The Strokes
The Hives
The Vines
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Darkness
The Mars Volta
Muse
Funk-
George Clinton and parliamentary funkadelic
The Bee Gees
James Brown
KC and the sunshine band
Others
Chemical Brothers
I shoulda just said everything except eminem :D

DroppinScience
01-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Artists I dig at the moment:

OutKast
Biz Markie
EPMD
Run-D.M.C.
Rakim
Nas
Jay-Z
KRS-One
Wu-Tang
Tupac
Big Daddy Kane
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
k-Os
Mos Def
Pete Rock & CL Smooth
The Pharcyde
Redman
The Roots
Royce Da 5'9"
Talib Kweli
A Tribe Called Quest

Do you listen to anything else besides hip-hop? Not knocking your hip-hop selections (most of them are good), but surely you can't be living life with ONLY a hip-hop soundtrack...

tdot04
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Do you listen to anything else besides hip-hop? Not knocking your hip-hop selections (most of them are good), but surely you can't be living life with ONLY a hip-hop soundtrack...

Actually, I was about to comment on that when I realized how one-dimensional my list looked, but I didn't for some reason...

Uhhh, I can't really say why I don't listen to anything but rap. Not that I dislike other genres of music, I grew up on hip-hop, and stuck with it. If I were to start listening to rock, for example, I probably wouldn't know where to start, and I would probably end up fooling myself - the big question being, "Is this me?"

Gratitude, Jimmy James, So Wat'cha Want - those type of songs the B-Boys did are the shit, if that helps, I really dig the un-rap material on CYH. I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

DroppinScience
01-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Actually, I was about to comment on that when I realized how one-dimensional my list looked, but I didn't for some reason...

Uhhh, I can't really say why I don't listen to anything but rap. Not that I dislike other genres of music, I grew up on hip-hop, and stuck with it. If I were to start listening to rock, for example, I probably wouldn't know where to start, and I would probably end up fooling myself - the big question being, "Is this me?"

Gratitude, Jimmy James, So Wat'cha Want - those type of songs the B-Boys did are the shit, if that helps, I really dig the un-rap material on CYH. I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

That's cool. I was just asking.

But hey, if you want to get into rock music... take a page from the DroppinScience playbook: start with The Beatles! That was truly my proper introduction into rock and roll music. :)

P.S. - Yeah, I was into stuff like U2 and Nirvana before that. But I wasn't given the complete discography of those bands like I did with The Beatles (i.e. my Dad went and bought me ALL Beatles albums on CD at once, just for me).

Vladimir
01-21-2005, 05:23 PM
in the Hip-Hop vein:
Jurassic 5
Blackalicious / Gift of Gab's Solo Record
Jedi Mind Tricks
Latyrx
Lyrics Born
Maroons
DJ Shadow
Outkast
The Roots
Talib Kweli and/or Mos Def

other stuff:
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
Ozomatli
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Incubus
Green Day
Axis of Justice

Leonie
01-25-2005, 07:36 AM

But hey, if you want to get into rock music... take a page from the DroppinScience playbook: start with The Beatles! That was truly my proper introduction into rock and roll music. :)

P.S. - Yeah, I was into stuff like U2 and Nirvana before that. But I wasn't given the complete discography of those bands like I did with The Beatles (i.e. my Dad went and bought me ALL Beatles albums on CD at once, just for me).
I like the beatles :D
But no U2 for me and I likes Nirvana but know I never listen it really.. little depressing :p

Bronx
01-25-2005, 08:09 PM
none

SuperZenki
01-25-2005, 09:04 PM

I'm with DroppinScience on this. Even though I don't really listen to The Beatles, they were one of the most (If not the most) succesful rock bands, so I would start with them. But I listened to some rock before I became a huge rock fan. It wasn't anything before the 90s though, just popular stuff today like Linkin Park, but it was my AC/DC CD for my birthday that really started it. I started to talk about it with my other friends who were into rock, but they were talking about other bands, so I started listening to a lot of rock, now look at my list, almost all of them are rock bands. So I would start with something classic like them like he said.

drobertson420
01-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Oh yes, and one more important thing about my musical interests...

I'm BIG on artists who combine styles and genres liberally (i.e. Beck, The Beta Band, etc).
Check out a band called "PUYA" from Puerto Rico
They mix traditional Latin with Hardcore metal
(if that interests you)
The album "Fundamental" is good
Latin percussion, a horn section, and metal...

Kinda like "Santana meets Pantera" ;)

Bronx
01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
none
:rolleyes: OK so papa roach

Licorice Donut
01-28-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm loving The Handsome Boy Modeling School White People album.
Other happy recent additions to my collection include
Razorlight
Neko Case
The Postal Service
Clinic
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

Cooky Puss
01-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey, if you wanna know what music I'm into, just listen to my radiostation:

Cooky FM (http://launch.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1439627702)

PS: sorry about the annoying commercials

Licorice Donut
01-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey Vladimir I saw Ozomatli perform once a few years ago. They were great on stage, really got the crowd into it, every body was dancing. It was an outdoor thing, which I always think would require more of the musicians, to keep people focused. What with all the distractions around like trees, and birds and clouds, and the wind...

dublirie04
01-28-2005, 11:28 AM
I like Massive Attack
Mos Def
Snoop
Daweh Congo
Bob Marley
Bob Dylan
Linton Qwesi Johnson
The Roots!!!!!!!!!
Tribe Called Quest
Nate Dog
Breakbeat Era
Roots Manuva
Twinkle Brothers
MC Mystic
dj Silence
Screwface

to name a few :D

SpuffyRJ
01-28-2005, 07:45 PM
I basically love all music except country. Sorry I just don't dig country music.

MikeDzgurl13
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
For me there is just good and bad music
I like whatever :

Alanis Morissette
Jay-z
Janis Joplin
The Hives
Nirvana
Kanye West
Missy Elliott
Björk
Coldplay
Radiohead
Guns N Roses

To mention some i like.....I can go on and on and on.........
GUNS N ROSES RULE me and my friend <3 (luv) them MORE THAN NE1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aND HOW DO U GO FROM gUNS n ROSES 2 missy Elliot?

cosmo105
01-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I basically love all music except country. Sorry I just don't dig country music.
so you dig opera? and gregorian monk chants? and polka? and bagpipes?

i just hate it when people say "i love everything except country" or whatever.

grass_roots
01-29-2005, 12:41 AM

define country music?

sorry, I'm always skeptical when I hear this line because it's usually just a cop-out remark to mask a persons ignorance of the genre

Spanishbomb808
01-29-2005, 12:45 AM
To me, country is anything twangy, acoustic and deprived of electric guitars and synths. But that's just me.

Matt
01-29-2005, 12:48 AM
GUNS N ROSES RULE me and my friend <3 (luv) them MORE THAN NE1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aND HOW DO U GO FROM gUNS n ROSES 2 missy Elliot?

Oh man that gave me a headache.

cosmo105
01-29-2005, 01:08 AM
define country music?

sorry, I'm always skeptical when I hear this line because it's usually just a cop-out remark to mask a persons ignorance of the genre
exactly. (y)

grass_roots
01-29-2005, 01:11 AM
To me, country is anything twangy, acoustic and deprived of electric guitars and synths. But that's just me.

twangy and acoustic is definatly an aspect of most country, but deprived of electric guitars? what about groups like Blue Rodeo, Ronnie Hawkins, The Band or Wilco? Country to a degree, no?

For me country differs from rock in that it's less relient on percussion and rythmic progression, power chords, etc, etc, and more relient on the traditional role of the singer/songwriter. Often I find there is a more direct and inseperable relation with the vocals and melody. But insrtumentation isn't really a restriction in my mind.

sorry if that's incoherent, it's late, very tired

Spanishbomb808
01-29-2005, 01:20 AM
For me country differs from rock in that it's less relient on percussion and rythmic progression, power chords, etc, etc, and more relient on the traditional role of the singer/songwriter.

Yeah, that's true.

Some of us, however, grew up on power chords and disdain for singer/songwriters. I just don't see the appeal of a lonesome hick with an acoustic strumming along to a ditty about the one-legged whore who broke his heart.

grass_roots
01-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah, that's true.

Some of us, however, grew up on power chords and disdain for singer/songwriters. I just don't see the appeal of a lonesome hick with an acoustic strumming along to a ditty about the one-legged whore who broke his heart.

it's funny, one of my favourite country tunes is actually a balad about a soldier meeting a one armed stripper in montreal, except she doesn't break his heart, in the end they:

"threw away thier papers, blew up the TV, moved to the country and built them a home, had a lot of children, fed em on peaches, they all found jesus, on thier own"

I guess it's a matter of preference, I've always had a great deal of respect for the traditional singer/songwriter as it's a much more intimate and interactive genre for the listener, it's like your sitting round the camp fire sharring stories or something.

Peace

A. Remin' D.
01-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I hate country. I said before that I like opera, it's good, better than country, and people thought that I was weird. I don't like a lot of opera but I think Pavarotti's good. I like Vesti La Giubba (Pagliacci) by him.

A. Remin' D.
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
I also like Jay-Z, Run-D.M.C., Snoop Dogg, and N.W.A for rap,
D'Angelo, Alicia Keys, and Anthony Hamilton for R&B,
and Green Day, Metallica, Megadeth, and Nirvana for rock.

Futterman's
02-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Kinks,Small Faces,Who,Smoke,Creation,Rolling Stones,Manfred Mann,Fleur de Lys,Jam,Lambrettas,Vapors,Blur,Supergrass,ATCQ,Roo ts,Pharcyde,Black Moon,Morcheeba,....and some jazz & Ska.Defintible:Beat/60's,Jazz(Cool),Ska & Rap(Jazz-rap)

RT400z
02-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Punk, hardcore, alternative, jazz, ska, reggae, etc.

RT400z
02-20-2005, 01:24 AM
oh yeah, definitly house and drum & bass.

Leonie
02-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I also like Jay-Z, Run-D.M.C., Snoop Dogg, and N.W.A for rap,
D'Angelo, Alicia Keys, and Anthony Hamilton for R&B,
and Green Day, Metallica, Megadeth, and Nirvana for rock.
WOOW your avater kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y) (y) (y)

Rosie Cotton
02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Kinks,Small Faces,Who,Smoke,Creation,Rolling Stones,Manfred Mann,Fleur de Lys,Jam,Lambrettas,Vapors,Blur,Supergrass,ATCQ,Roo ts,Pharcyde,Black Moon,Morcheeba,....and some jazz & Ska.Defintible:Beat/60's,Jazz(Cool),Ska & Rap(Jazz-rap)
(y) Nice list.

Penny Lane
02-21-2005, 04:40 AM
Beatles, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Radiohead, The Hives, Interpol, Simon&Garfunkel, Beck, Oasis, Lovin' Spoonful, The Band, David Bowie, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Lou Reed.

Rancid_Beasties
02-21-2005, 04:55 AM
(y) Nice list.
Futterman's kicks Zenki's ass seven ways to sunday (y)

My list is in another thread but heres an upgrade:

The Mars Volta, Dallas Crane, the redsunband, Rocket Science, Bodyjar, the Ground Components, Rancid, NOFX, the offspring, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Jurassic 5, The Donnas, The Hives, AFI, ACDC, Ash, At the drive in, Blur, Ben Kweller, The Bees, Chemical Brothers, The Clash, The Ramones, The Sex pistols, The Darkness, The Distillers, Fatboy Slim, George Clinton, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Goldfinger, KC and the Sunshine band, Kool and the gang, Magic Dirt, Me first and the gimmie gimmies, Millencolin, Muse, The Strokes, The Music, NWA, Oasis, Pink Floyd, Presidents of the USA, Public Enemy, Radiohead, Sublime, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins, Transplants.

Yeah thats right I represent mostly new school stuff...so watcha gonna do about it SB :D

karolina
02-21-2005, 05:46 AM
wow.wow.wow you really listen to ALL kinds of music ...that's (could be) cool actually

okidoki. my list: Aaliyah, Ludacris, D12, Mystikal, Destiny's Child, Xzibit, Ms Dynamite, Snoop Dogg, Reakwon, ....
and some that you probally don'y know: Fenomen, Sistars, Kaliber44, Ewenement, Mor W.A., Kult

adrockmelanie
02-21-2005, 05:52 AM
at the drive-in
the mars volta
queen
the blood brothers
converge
every time i die
the kinison
the bronx
murder by death
minus the bear
codeseven
circle takes the square
daughters
holy molar
the locust
some girls
soophie nun squad
so she sang
the plot to blow up the eiffel tower
these arms are snakes
the dillinger escape plan

Rancid_Beasties
02-21-2005, 06:06 AM
wow.wow.wow you really listen to ALL kinds of music ...that's (could be) cool actually
You talkin to me? :)

Matt
02-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Alkaline Trio
Balzac
Beastie Boys
Berlin
Bob Dylan
Bright Eyes
Bruce Springsteen
Captian Sensable
Coldplay
Danzig
David Bowie
Devo
Dillinger Four
Elvis Costello
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Grandaddy
Green Day
Jimmy Eat World
Joy Division
Lawrence Arms
Lou Reed
Matt Skiba
Misfits
New Order
Offspring
One Man Army
Polysics
Radiohead
The Residents
Samhain
Smashing Pumpkins
Talking Heads
Tenacious D
The Aquabats
The Beatles
The Cars
The Clash
The Cure
The Damned
The Get-Up Kids
The Hives
The Killers
The Ramones
The Smiths
The Special Goodness
The Ventures
The Who
They Might Be Giants
Tuesday
U2
Violent Femmes
Weezer

thats only the ones on my computer. I still have tons only on CD or vinyl.

Futterman's
02-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Futterman's kicks Zenki's ass seven ways to sunday (y)

My list is in another thread but heres an upgrade:

The Mars Volta, Dallas Crane, the redsunband, Rocket Science, Bodyjar, the Ground Components, Rancid, NOFX, the offspring, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Jurassic 5, The Donnas, The Hives, AFI, ACDC, Ash, At the drive in, Blur, Ben Kweller, The Bees, Chemical Brothers, The Clash, The Ramones, The Sex pistols, The Darkness, The Distillers, Fatboy Slim, George Clinton, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Goldfinger, KC and the Sunshine band, Kool and the gang, Magic Dirt, Me first and the gimmie gimmies, Millencolin, Muse, The Strokes, The Music, NWA, Oasis, Pink Floyd, Presidents of the USA, Public Enemy, Radiohead, Sublime, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins, Transplants.

Yeah thats right I represent mostly new school stuff...so watcha gonna do about it SB :DSome goods alternative sounds. (y)

beastiegirl18
02-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Sex pistols
Fatboy slim
Chemical brothers
Black flag
Nirvana
Beck
Run DMC
The strokes
The hives
The vines
White stripes
Le tigre
The ramones
Air
At the drive in
The offspring
Red hot chili peppers
Scissors sisters
Jane's addiction
Moby
Jay-z
Linkin park
Limp bizkit
The cure
Velvet revolver
Primal scream
Groove armada
Starsailor
Rage against the machine
Molotov
Bands from Argentina
Metallica
Aerosmith
The mars volta
Blur
Oasis
U2
Jimmy smith
Bs 2000

Rancid_Beasties
02-22-2005, 12:49 AM
^noice (y)

And cheers futtermans :)

DroppinScience
02-22-2005, 12:54 AM
I think Futterman's gets 100 bonus points for not listing Slipknot as one of his favorite groups.

In no time, everyone's gonna be saying: "Zenki, who?"

Oh wait, we've been saying this ever since he first logged onto this board. :p

Rancid_Beasties
02-22-2005, 01:05 AM
He gets major cred for blur, and the rest of his list is quality alternative music across genres so (y)

DroppinScience
02-22-2005, 01:11 AM
He gets major cred for blur, and the rest of his list is quality alternative music across genres so (y)

Damn straight. I wish I was into all those groups when I was 13.

Rosie Cotton
02-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Damn straight. I wish I was into all those groups when I was 13.
I was into about half of those bands at 13. :cool:

Okay, a fourth of them, but still.

Rancid_Beasties
02-22-2005, 01:35 AM
I gotta admit, i didn't own a full-length album till I was about 14-15. I just listened to my dads records (a great collection but not my own tastes) and bought the occasional single.

Rancid_Beasties
02-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Speaking of singles of that era...was the song How Bizarre by OMC a hit in America, because I just heard it on a Sabrina the teenage witch re-run and i think that was the first single i ever bought :D

Spanishbomb808
02-22-2005, 01:49 AM
In retrospect, I did purchase an old CD single a while back: A reissue of Run DMC's cover of "Walk this Way," with "Peter Piper" and "My Adidas."

I had three bucks to spare :rolleyes:

Rosie Cotton
02-22-2005, 02:02 AM
I gotta admit, i didn't own a full-length album till I was about 14-15.
:eek: Wow, the first full length record I ever owned I got when I was about three.

The Muppets sing Born to be Wild and other Classic Rock Songs (or something like that) followed soon after by the soundtrack to Grease and the Monkees greatest hits. And I listened to them daily on my Big Bird turntable. :cool:

DroppinScience
02-22-2005, 02:07 AM
:eek: Wow, the first full length record I ever owned I got when I was about three.

The Muppets sing Born to be Wild and other Classic Rock Songs (or something like that) followed soon after by the soundtrack to Grease and the Monkees greatest hits. And I listened to them daily on my Big Bird turntable. :cool:

The first album I ever had was "The Simpsons Sing The Blues." :cool:

DO THE BARTMAN!!

Rosie Cotton
02-22-2005, 02:10 AM
^^Hahahahahaha :D

I don't know where my Muppets record is anymore. One of my dad's pothead friends stole it. :(

Rancid_Beasties
02-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Ohh I mean bought for myself....I got some kids sorta stuff, disney albums and crap but I mean bought my own music with my own money.

jackrock
05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
ok lets see...

Jurassic 5
Bruce Springsteen ( and the e-street band)
outkast
U2
the who
our lady peace
modest mouse
the doors
collective soul
Red hot chili peppers
BEASTIE BOYS!!

sjp
05-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Hot Snakes
Bill Withers
Barry White
Gordon Lightfoot
James Brown
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Dj Kayslay
Tony Touch
Bone Thugs n Harmony
lots more.

Bobtwi
05-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Pharcyde,Kravits,Marvin Gaye,BDP,PinK fLOYD AND MANY OTHERS

sjp
05-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Pharcyde,Kravits,Marvin Gaye,BDP,PinK fLOYD AND MANY OTHERS

pharcyde, marvin gaye (y)

i have to add Al Green.

Ferdinand_2
08-05-2005, 09:22 AM

Mod rules (http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6421/misgrupospreferidos1parte7ar.png)

chocoholikeekey
08-08-2005, 08:03 PM
i like mostly rock...and indie..and techno....and....house...and metal...lol :rolleyes:
but really, mostly rock.