PDA

View Full Version : Old Thrasher Ad

Irie I
01-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Don't know if this has ever been posted. I think had it on my bedroom wall a long time ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/IrieIrene/thrasher.jpg

Lindsey_1535
01-14-2005, 03:56 PM
try agian dude

beastiegirrl101
01-14-2005, 03:58 PM
love it...

Laver1969
01-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Don't know if this has ever been posted. I think had it on my bedroom wall a long time ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/IrieIrene/thrasher.jpg

What year is this from? And it appears to be a counterfeit ad.

sarahd
01-14-2005, 04:22 PM
What year is this from? And it appears to be a counterfeit ad.

Why do you think it's counterfeit? Maybe I am missing something.

Gabriely
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
love it...

kockster
01-14-2005, 04:57 PM
its a real ad dumbass from check your head era, i guess your not down w/ thrasher.

Irie I
01-14-2005, 06:18 PM
its a real ad dumbass from check your head era, i guess your not down w/ thrasher.

Word. It's a bonafide page from Thrasher - maybe more in IC times??? The stakes was high and so was I.

Laver1969
01-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Why do you think it's counterfeit? Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks for posting the pic. I think it's very rare. My guess is it's CYH time.

When I say counterfeit, I mean that I don't think the Beasties willingly supported that ad. First, if they DID decide to advertise, I highly doubt they would use "Fight For Your Right" as the message to advertise. Secondly, they may have supported Thrasher but I don't think they were aware of how this was used...which leads me to believe there may be some airbrushing involved.

But I could be totally wrong.

Yauch...can you clarify?

jennyb
01-14-2005, 08:01 PM
That ad kicks ass! Dang, Irie, you seem to have a nice collection of Beastie Boy artifacts. (y) First saving the day with the mystery article on Ad's pad and now this... thank you ever so much for sharing.

Irie I
01-14-2005, 08:52 PM
That ad kicks ass! Dang, Irie, you seem to have a nice collection of Beastie Boy artifacts. (y) First saving the day with the mystery article on Ad's pad and now this... thank you ever so much for sharing.

Hey, of course!!!
I have lots of odds and ends in an Adidas shoebox in a trunk in a vault in a Swiss bank in The Alps on the property of Biz Markie.
I have and always will have BIG love for Beastie Boys and everything they do!

jennyb
01-14-2005, 08:55 PM
...in an Adidas shoebox in a trunk in a vault in a Swiss bank in The Alps on the property of Biz Markie.

^ Ok, now that's just too cute! It made me :)

Rich Cheney
01-14-2005, 09:19 PM
When I say counterfeit, I mean that I don't think the Beasties willingly supported that ad. First, if they DID decide to advertise, I highly doubt they would use "Fight For Your Right" as the message to advertise. Secondly, they may have supported Thrasher but I don't think they were aware of how this was used...which leads me to believe there may be some airbrushing involved.

But I could be totally wrong.

Yauch...can you clarify?

Man some people take this whole "won't sell myself for advertising" crap to the next level.

Irie - welcome to the board wish more poster boughts the goods like yourself then I might be more inclined to share.

Irie I
01-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Man some people take this whole "won't sell myself for advertising" crap to the next level.

Irie - welcome to the board wish more poster boughts the goods like yourself then I might be more inclined to share.

Cheney Cheney on the brainy thanks for the welcome. I am so happy to be here and heard! Oh WORD

cj hood
01-15-2005, 11:35 AM
it's definitely CYH era.......adrock wore that snow hat in a lot of pix in '92.....

Rich Cheney
01-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Cheney Cheney on the brainy
Cheney on the brainy is equal to dick on the mind.

Welcome fellow bb mb'er.

Irie I
01-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Cheney on the brainy is equal to dick on the mind.

Welcome fellow bb mb'er.

Hmmm, Freudian slip.
Thanks for the greetins (y)

coupedeville
02-06-2005, 08:49 PM
I like this ad. Raw shit from way back. Those dudes were skate icons
even though Yauch is the only guy outta the 3 of them who can actually
skate, I think.

As far as the Beasties selling out and advertising, they sold a shitload
of Adidas, Fila, Ben Davis and Puma to name just a few. I doubt they
were paid for any of it, despite the early hanging with Run-DMC who had a
contract with Adidas.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
02-10-2005, 06:51 PM
oh man dude that looks strait up ghetto (y) like someone copy and pasted the shit.