PDA

View Full Version : My first concert

Doobiebee
01-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi, I can't wait for the Beastie Boys concert in Sydney. I'm so excited. It's my first concert so I don't really know what to expect but I've seen them live on T.V and they are so awesome (as always.) Actually one of my first recollections of them was them doing a live performance from Ill Communication on T.V and that's when I really saw how good they were. Anyway, I just wondering if there are going to be a lot of people in Australia that are dressing up for the pagent or just a few got the message. Thanks.

Huggz
01-22-2005, 11:05 PM
/\

I'm from Sydney aswell and how old are you? I'm also going to the concert it's gonna be MAD! and i think a few people are dreesing up.

M.C Brown Shoes
01-23-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm from Sydney also, I'm 14 and this will be my third concert, after Prince and The B-52's. Should be a hell of a night!

Huggz
01-23-2005, 01:08 AM
dam it's the young thread I'm 15 and from sydney and goin to the concert aswell, but this is my 5th concert!

My last concert was Donavon Frankenreiter.

Resindog21
01-23-2005, 02:40 AM
Queenslander here flying to Sydney to see the beasties and wave aid (and lion king but that's a little different to the other two huh?!?!?!).....CAN'T WAIT.

Doobiebee
01-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, this is my first concert ever. I'm from Gosford though but that's only like 2 hours away on by train to Sydney. I'm 16 so I guess I'm kind of old for this to be my first concert. wow, the Ramones were your first concert Miramanee, that must have been awesome. I'm planning to dress up but I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to wear :o

Doobiebee
01-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Oh yeah and thanks. I'll come on the messageboard after the show.

I'm jealous of you because in the future, you will get to say that your first concert ever was a Beastie Boys show. Very, very cool.

hey, that may be true but i bet you've been to heaps of beastie boys concerts. And you can say The Ramones which is pretty cool as well. :)

synch
01-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Pah, I'd like to see anyone beat The Ramones as a best first gig!

No offence to the beatsies obviously ;)

FooBoy
01-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm 19 and this will be my first concert too. I haven't had the money or reason to go to concerts before now I guess.

Kathleen Hanna
01-24-2005, 01:47 PM
You must be lucky, guys. But I'm from the Czech Republic, so how can I meet my boys? They were in our country in 1995. Yeah, in 1995 I was 6 years old. But now? Will Beasties come to our small coutry? I don't think so. :mad:

Rancid_Beasties
01-25-2005, 01:30 AM
You must be lucky, guys. But I'm from the Czech Republic, so how can I meet my boys? They were in our country in 1995. Yeah, in 1995 I was 6 years old. But now? Will Beasties come to our small coutry? I don't think so. :mad:

Your population is more than half of ours (australia) so you're not that small :D

My first concert was livid 2002, followed by livid 2003, big day out 2004, offspring, muse, ground components, the spazzys 2004, merideth music festival 2004. But I'm 18 so I'm sure by the time you youngsters are my old age you will have seen many more than me :p

And Miramanee the ramones as a first concert is just about unbeatable :D

M.C Brown Shoes
01-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Pah, I'd like to see anyone beat The Ramones as a best first gig!

Prince :D

synch
01-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Pfffff... the Ramones are way cooler than the artist formerly known as a squiggly thing ;)

FooBoy
01-25-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm 19 and this will be my first concert too. I haven't had the money or reason to go to concerts before now I guess.

I've just booked tickets to The Streets the day after the Beasties. My first two concerts in two days, could be worse eh?

Rancid_Beasties
01-25-2005, 07:29 AM
I've just booked tickets to The Streets the day after the Beasties. My first two concerts in two days, could be worse eh?

Should just go to big day out

FooBoy
01-25-2005, 07:42 AM
I could have I guess, I never intended on going to a second concert until recently. I wasn't really interested in the rest of the Big Day Out line up though, the extra cost doesn't bother me much.

Doobiebee
01-29-2005, 12:25 AM
If you got Big Day Out tickets instead than they wouldn't play as many songs as well, at least that's what I assume. Cool, your first concert is the beastie boys too.

I saw the Sydney concert last night and wow, it was so good! It kind of seems unreal now, like a dream. I dressed as a riot grrrl coz I had a shirt that said riot on it and wore rainbow knee-high socks with red lipstick and tiger ears (like Le Tigre but I don't think anyone got it and thought I was a tiger) and had my beastie boy bag that I made but on the way people kept staring at me and some laughed but my friend stared back and pointed and laughed at them back.

Before the concert though, when the cameramen was doing shout-out things I got really embarrassed and they asked me what song I wanted to request and I started thinking of all these songs at once like So Whatcha Want, Sure Shot, Sabotage but I figured that they would play those anyway so I was like 'um, um, I dunno, um' because I was trying to think of a good song that wasn't as famous like one but I must have looked like I had no idea who they were :o

When we went into the pavillion D4 (? i think) came on first and then Scribe but it was like it really started when the Beastie Boys came on because that's when everyone really got into it. I was right up to the barrier on the left and they were so close! The setlist was good because they played songs from all their albums, even Licensed to Ill like Time To Get Ill and Brass Monkey. Adrock also danced funny (I mean that in a good way) and made a face. Money Mark and Alfredo was there as well. Oh yeah, and getting laughed at payed off because Adrock pointed me out and he smiled at me :D I got bruised as well because of everyone being so into it and by the end everyone's sweat had wiped off on my shirt so I had to change into a beastie boy shirt I bought on the way home but that didn't really matter because it was the best night! I hope they come back to Sydney again!

redlantern2051
01-29-2005, 12:50 AM
What a night! This was my first Beastie Boys concert, (I became a fan after "Hello Nasty" and missed the last tour) and Wow IT WAS FANTASTIC.

I loved the way the Boys just played hit after hit, and they were so clean and perfect with their raps. I just loved the interplay between the 3 of them. They really all compliment each other-its a wonderful experience to see such talented artists. I was a bit back on the floor (the girl i went with wanted to go out after Scribe-who I quite liked, personally, tho I don't know why he did the same stuff twice) but still had a good view. The best part was in one of the encores, where all of a sudden I turned around and there was Yauch!!! They had somehow come right up the back!!! I went like crazy!!! Today my back is So sore because I was jumping up and down, but its all worth it!!!

Beasties rule!!! Thankyou for coming to Australia, guys!!!

Crabby
01-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Beasties were my first international show when I caught em' in '99-Friday night brought back some awesome memories! Years and many,many gigs later it's still one of the best shows I've seen.

Laver1969
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm jealous of you because in the future, you will get to say that your first concert ever was a Beastie Boys show. Very, very cool.

My first concert ever was the Beasties and Run DMC in 1987! But I would trade that for your Japan experience. ;) And to sweeten the deal, I throw in one of the 92 CYH performances. Wanna trade?

keef
01-29-2005, 11:19 PM
I saw the Sydney concert last night and wow, it was so good! It kind of seems unreal now, like a dream. I dressed as a riot grrrl coz I had a shirt that said riot on it and wore rainbow knee-high socks with red lipstick and tiger ears (like Le Tigre but I don't think anyone got it and thought I was a tiger) and had my beastie boy bag that I made but on the way people kept staring at me and some laughed but my friend stared back and pointed and laughed at them back.
Wait, I was lining up in front of you!
Haha. Well I have to admit, me and my friends were a little perplexed with your outfit at first but then we realised it was a beastie boys concert.

Anyway, it is good to see everyone here.

SpuffyRJ
01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I saw the Beastie Boys at MSG during this tour =). It was my first concert ever. :D

Doobiebee
01-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow, Beastie Boys and Run DMC (y)

Wait, I was lining up in front of you!
Haha. Well I have to admit, me and my friends were a little perplexed with your outfit at first but then we realised it was a beastie boys concert.

Anyway, it is good to see everyone here.

Hehe. Yeah, I noticed that everyone was dressed normal and I was the only one dressed like a fool so at first I was too shy to sit near everyone but I figured that Beastie Boy fans would be cool.

So did you have fun SpuffyRJ?

oLdSkOoLfAn75
02-02-2005, 07:37 AM
If you got Big Day Out tickets instead than they wouldn't play as many songs as well, at least that's what I assume. Cool, your first concert is the beastie boys too.

Before the concert though, when the cameramen was doing shout-out things I got really embarrassed and they asked me what song I wanted to request and I started thinking of all these songs at once like So Whatcha Want, Sure Shot, Sabotage but I figured that they would play those anyway so I was like 'um, um, I dunno, um' because I was trying to think of a good song that wasn't as famous like one but I must have looked like I had no idea who they were

When we went into the pavillion D4 (? i think) came on first and then Scribe but it was like it really started when the Beastie Boys came on because that's when everyone really got into it. I was right up to the barrier on the left and they were so close! The setlist was good because they played songs from all their albums, even Licensed to Ill like Time To Get Ill and Brass Monkey. Adrock also danced funny (I mean that in a good way) and made a face. Money Mark and Alfredo was there as well. Oh yeah, and getting laughed at payed off because Adrock pointed me out and he smiled at me I got bruised as well because of everyone being so into it and by the end everyone's sweat had wiped off on my shirt so I had to change into a beastie boy shirt I bought on the way home but that didn't really matter because it was the best night! I hope they come back to Sydney again!

That such a cool post/... U sound like a cool chick
.. hope you had a wicked day!!!!! Man I hope I hope they come back to Melbourne again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laver1969
02-02-2005, 08:17 AM
You forget that Wints and I were cage dancers during the LTI tour, so we were probably with you for your first concert experience.

To answer your question: No, I wouldn't trade Japan for anything.

Well, maybe I would for some cold, hard cash...

Wow...You and Wints must have had big 80s hair. ;)

I'll trade $3.84, the 1987 concert experience, and one 1992 CYH Houston experience for your Japan experience. If that works...maybe we can meet up and do the trade. ;)

FooBoy
02-02-2005, 08:38 AM

True, yeah. I don't regret it at all, great night, it was worth every cent.

SpuffyRJ
02-06-2005, 01:33 PM
So did you have fun SpuffyRJ?

Yeah :D i had oodles and oodles of fun =). Something I'll never forget. :)