PDA

View Full Version : BEASTIES AT LEEDS???

reubenb46
01-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I heard that the b-boys may be playing at the leeds festival this summer?

is this confirmed? if not what do you think the chances are of the boys coming 2 leeds?

Moorish
01-22-2005, 02:01 PM
They played Reading back in '99 so it is possible. I would say if they were to do a UK festival it would be either "The Carling Weekend" (aka Reading/Leeds) or Glastonbury.

Personally I hope it is Leeds/Reading as tickets are easier to come by.

dave790
01-22-2005, 02:09 PM
BEASTIES AT LEEDS???

I heard that the b-boys may be playing at the leeds festival this summer?

is this confirmed? if not what do you think the chances are of the boys coming 2 leeds?

about as much chance as playing Reading! they were strongly rumoured last year, so maybe...

They played Reading back in '99 so it is possible. I would say if they were to do a UK festival it would be either "The Carling Weekend" (aka Reading/Leeds) or Glastonbury.

Personally I hope it is Leeds/Reading as tickets are easier to come by.

98 mate, and yeah I'd much prefer for them to play Reading, or the Carling Weekend, as it's alil walk down the road!

b0Z
01-22-2005, 03:56 PM
about as much chance as playing Reading! they were strongly rumoured last year, so maybe...

yeh i remember that. there's a possibility i reckon

b-grrrlie
01-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Guess my festivals are booked then :D I do hope it won't be Glastonbury, mainly because of tickets. And camping is the only option for overnighting there and I'm too old for that....

Shazam_21
01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I've asked this question before but got no answer, maybe someone here can help. When they played Reading in 98 did they also play Leeds too that weekend? Or was that before they started doing them both simultaneously? I was at leeds last year, great festival, and I was hoping maybe they'd be there with the new album out etc. Maybe this year instead! fingers crossed

timmie
01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Shazam_21 may be right!!! but then again!!??##

Don't forget, the boys have been on a world tour for months & finishing 6th Feb!! they could do with a break to make a new album!! not like 6 years!!!.......If they do come back to the UK Im sure that they will headline at least 2 or 3 gigs...

dave790
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Strong word on the street (lol that sounds lame!) that the headliners will be...

Iron Maiden
Pixies
Foo Fighters

I personally am not too chuffed. I know Pixies and Iron Maiden deserve respect but I'm like '2005 yeah...stop living in the past!'

Foos are ok though, but I'm very disappointed there ain't no Beasties!

tomsanderson86
02-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Last year it was supposed to be Beasties, AC/DC and White Stripes, apart from the last one I'd still be pleasuring myself over seeing the forementioned two at leeds.

The wolrd is full of rumours and instead we got the darkness, white stripes and i forget who else, I was probably off my face stealing beer and drugs from other people's tents.

dave790
02-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Last year it was supposed to be Beasties, AC/DC and White Stripes, apart from the last one I'd still be pleasuring myself over seeing the forementioned two at leeds.

The wolrd is full of rumours and instead we got the darkness, white stripes and i forget who else, I was probably off my face stealing beer and drugs from other people's tents.

Pixies
Maiden
Foos

This isn't just some random rumours, I'm pretty sure some magazines have even confirmed it.

But your right, that seemed the case last year and things don't always turn out expected.

I wouldn't hold my breath though...

RookieOfTheYear
02-04-2005, 12:21 PM
ARGH! :eek: I hope they do!
This site is pretty cool for festival line ups...

http://www.efestivals.co.uk

Shazam_21
02-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Hope you weren't nicking beer from my tent you tyke!
As thaa got a rate propper yorkshire accent then ah yoof?

The Line-ups so far are in the latest NME, not impressed so far, but theres plenty more to be added