PDA

View Full Version : Eminem 50 Cent and Linkin Park Summer Tour

Rip Round'n Roc
01-27-2005, 07:21 PM
After a year when no stadium tours were on the road, very preliminary talks are underway for a monster stadium-level package that would include Eminem, 50 Cent, Linkin Park, and at least one other rock act, sources tell Billboard.com.

Rumblings of a potential Em/50 tour were bouncing around late in 2004), and now the concept seems to have expanded. The agent for both artists at the William Morris Agency could not be reached for comment.

Given the multi-platinum status of all three acts, plus the fact that 50 Cent and Eminem have been noticeably absent from the North American touring marketplace, the tour would likely be one of the most lucrative treks of the year.

In 2004, Linkin Park grossed more than $35 million, 15th among all touring acts, according to Billboard Boxscore......

BOYCOTT

http://www.bgnews.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/01/21/41f10f4976c4b
I read this opinion article today and I thought it kinda related to the tour

p-branez
01-27-2005, 07:34 PM
why the hell is every decent rapper now doing something with linkin park?

yeah that article is pretty true.

white kids in the suburbs love rap, and in particular eminem. since he's white, it gives them justification to talk and act black.

before eminem was really big, none of my friends were into rap. i listened to nas and jay-z and they all called me wigger. it's like, what the fuck, just because it's a black person means i can't listen to it? and now that eminem is out there, it's fine for white kids to listen to that type of music.

people should be able to act however they want, not based on skin color. eminem shouldn't dictate that white kids can hang out with black kids, act like them, talk like them, or listen to their music.

Kid Presentable
01-27-2005, 07:35 PM
50 Cent got booed off stage by a British audience.

That is class.

checkyourprez
01-27-2005, 08:02 PM
50 Cent got booed off stage by a British audience.

That is class.

that is kick ass.

fuck these homos, trying to bleed every drop out of people with a shit taste in music, i guess they deserve it though...

really how commerical and fucking gay can people be.

SuperZenki
01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
before eminem was really big, none of my friends were into rap. i listened to nas and jay-z and they all called me wigger. it's like, what the fuck, just because it's a black person means i can't listen to it? and now that eminem is out there, it's fine for white kids to listen to that type of music.

You know, I want to hunt down the guy who made up the word, 'wigger' and just put him in the hospital. Who the hell made it up that black people always listen to rap and only black people, and white people stay with music like rock and jazz? I haven't met one personally, but I know ther ear ehundreds of black people out there who are into that kind of stuff, and almost all of my white friends listen to rap.

And I can't believe even after martin Luther King Jr., we still have racists in the world. Sickens me (n)

Anyway, about the concert, I'd like to go see it.

Kid Presentable
01-27-2005, 08:41 PM
NOw Eminem raps like he's trying to tell you a really important secret.Heeeheee :D ...

DroppinScience
01-27-2005, 11:09 PM
You know, I want to hunt down the guy who made up the word, 'wigger' and just put him in the hospital. Who the hell made it up that black people always listen to rap and only black people, and white people stay with music like rock and jazz? I haven't met one personally, but I know ther ear ehundreds of black people out there who are into that kind of stuff, and almost all of my white friends listen to rap.

And I can't believe even after martin Luther King Jr., we still have racists in the world. Sickens me (n)

Anyway, about the concert, I'd like to go see it.

Psssst... rock music and jazz music were invented by black people.

SobaViolence
01-27-2005, 11:22 PM
invented?

music is music. it originates somewhere at sometime by someone, but nothing stays the same for ever. there is no border when it comes to music.music is fluid, it is the language of the unspeakable. if someone says suchandsuch is someone's music, that just shows their smallmindedness.

if whites didn't impose christianity upon slaves, there wouldn't be soul, gospel or the blues. so nothing is black and white(no pun intended).

ASsman
01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
What are you trying to say Soba? That maybe slavery will help all this crap-rap? Make something better come out of it?

Qdrop
01-28-2005, 09:20 AM
from the article:

Eminem cannot hold a candle up to the great emcees, past and present.

yeah he can. not saying he's the #1 of all time....but he is clearly (based on his first three albums and battle records) at top MC that resides with some of the best.

He is not as influential as De La Soul or NWA,

to early to tell. but probably not.

nor is he as creative as Cee-Lo or Dizzy Rascal.

bullshit.
his rhymes and style were very original....still are.

He has no message for political or social change like J-Live or A Tribe Called Quest
[QUOTE]
eminem show was rife with political commentary.

[QUOTE]
and he does not come close to the type of energizing flow of Busta Rhymes or Biz Markie.

pure opinion.

this person just hates em......way too biased to be writing this article.

saml
01-28-2005, 10:16 AM
crap, shit and piss on tour, great!

SobaViolence
01-29-2005, 12:39 AM
What are you trying to say Soba? That maybe slavery will help all this crap-rap? Make something better come out of it?

we can never know until we try, i guess...

goofball
01-29-2005, 12:47 AM
sounds like a crap filled tour to me. what a terrible idea.

SuperZenki
01-29-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't really give a crap. It doesn't matter at all. If you think differently than that, you're probably a racist.

Matt
01-29-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't really give a crap. It doesn't matter at all. If you think differently than that, you're probably a racist.

But...you thought differently. I think. I don't quite understand what you said. seriously, I'm not making fun of you, I just would like you to elaborate.

SuperZenki
01-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Ok, here's what I really meant if anyone else couldn't get that:

It doesn't matter about the color of somoene's skin, that's why I hate words like wigger, that saying that just ebcause you're white, you can't listen to rap, and that's racist.

Los Para Noias
01-29-2005, 11:04 AM
we should kill all racists, and jews.

Matt
01-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Ok, here's what I really meant if anyone else couldn't get that:

It doesn't matter about the color of somoene's skin, that's why I hate words like wigger, that saying that just ebcause you're white, you can't listen to rap, and that's racist.

Oh. You've got a point. I totally agree.

drobertson420
01-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I know another group that made it "O.K." for white people to listen to rap...
3 guesses.......

(yes, that whole idea is complete Racist BS) :mad:

(And yes, The Blues Had A Baby, and they named it "Rock and Roll" ;) )

King of Rock II
06-21-2005, 06:20 PM

bullshit.

maybe if you had said something like "... layed the basis for" it would sound kind of acceptable. plus, what does it have to do with the post from the guy you quoted?

King of Rock II
06-21-2005, 06:31 PM
I agree with q-drop.

Not a great MC? He spits like a fucking machine gun. He always switches up his flow, keeps improving and changing all the time, he doesn't just ride the beat, he parallel-parks on it. (ok that one's not mine it's from xxl describing jadakiss)

Not as influential? Does this guy have any idea how many millions of people hear what he has to say? He's without a doubt one of the most influential artists that are around right now. He's one of those mc's that can really make you care about his inner struggles. He has an emotional impact on people. Everyone talks about his lyrics. Everyone is talking about him period.

Not as creative as cee lo or dizzee rascal? I have to admit those are really creative artists, but come on. Eminem combines poppy singles, sad lovesongs, hilarious absurdity, political commentary and witty diss tracks. And he makes his own beats? Not creative come on.

No message? Of course he has a message. Not just his political songs, he has an opinion about everything. Maybe he doesn't have a message that you can put in one sentence, but it's hardly like all his lyrics are meaningless. Come on.

EN[i]GMA
06-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Eminem has the most effortless, natural flow I've ever heard, except for maybe Q-Tip and he can switch it up and get as intense as anyone, Til I Collapse anyone?

Saying Em is bad is just showing you don't know what you're talking about.