PDA

View Full Version : Baklava

Leonie
01-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I love Baklava!! It's Goddish!!It's a turkish small kind of pastry and it's very sweet.. I heard it was very difficult to make but me and a friend would like to try it sometime.. anyone has the recipe??

cosmo105
01-28-2005, 02:36 PM
i just love saying it.

BAKLAVA!

b-grrrlie
01-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I love baklava! Every time I eat one it brings back memories from my holiday in Turkey.

I've never tried to make some myself, they're quite cheap to get here so don't know if it's worth the trouble. I did find some good (http://myweb.cableone.net/gob/recipes/baklava.htm) recipies (http://www.greek-recipe.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article294) tho', one with chocolate chips (http://www.cooksrecipes.com/bar/chocolate-chip-baklava-recipe.html) :eek: . Maybe I should try and make some, I've had some philo dough in my freezer for ages, was gonna make some spring rolls, but never got down to it... :rolleyes:

jabumbo
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
ahh yes, i love the stuff

Licorice Donut
02-04-2005, 01:36 PM
I tried to make it once but the phylo dough kicked my ass until I cried. Just go to a Greek bakery with those beautiful young Greek girls working there and you know they make it better than you can.

cosmo105
02-04-2005, 01:42 PM
BAKLAVA!!

Leonie
02-04-2005, 01:51 PM
I tried to make it once but the phylo dough kicked my ass until I cried. Just go to a Greek bakery with those beautiful young Greek girls working there and you know they make it better than you can.
I've a Turkish bakery at the corner.. they sell it there (btw I think Turkish bread is the best bread of the world), I think I'm not going to try anymore :p maybe sometime when I'm good at cooking.. well enjoy your baklava if you can get it, if not I feel realy sorry for you.

Licorice Donut
02-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I've a Turkish bakery at the corner.. they sell it there (btw I think Turkish bread is the best bread of the world), I think I'm not going to try anymore :p maybe sometime when I'm good at cooking.. well enjoy your baklava if you can get it, if not I feel realy sorry for you.

I don't know if I agree with that bread statement but I'll let it slide since you appreciate good baklava. :)

Brooklyn Babe
02-06-2005, 09:06 PM
I love Baklava - what a sugar rush.
One of my best friends is Greek and when I visit her - her mom always makes baklava and stuffed grape leaves - cuz she knows they're my favorites.

paulk
02-07-2005, 12:31 AM
I like balaclava.

Licorice Donut
02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Is this thread retarded or what? We're all like "duh...I like it. It's good. My friend's mom makes it. I like to eat it..." like we walked into a wall or something.

Marlene
02-08-2005, 01:00 PM
i've made baklava before. it's always received rave reviews, so i guess the recipe is a pretty safe bet. i'll look around for it and post later.

paulk
02-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Is this thread retarded or what? We're all like "duh...I like it. It's good. My friend's mom makes it. I like to eat it..." like we walked into a wall or something.

Go start your own Intelligent Baklava thread then. Wait, I'll do it for you. Your brilliant mind shouldn't be bothered with such menial tasks.

Leonie
02-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Go start your own Intelligent Baklava thread then. Wait, I'll do it for you. Your brilliant mind shouldn't be bothered with such menial tasks.
hehehe :p

Everyone just loves baklava and has to say that.. when you don't I think you walked into a wall ;) But I know what you mean, it's a bit of a useless thread, but I like talkin' about baklava :rolleyes:

Licorice Donut
02-10-2005, 09:36 AM

Jeeze, I was saying I sounded retarded too, not just other people. I mean, it's so good that people just drool. There isn't much to say about it, it's just good. Were you just waiting around to get offended or what?

whoomoi
02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
I bought baklava at the market one time...it was good but it was really really sticky on the outside

Licorice Donut
02-11-2005, 08:26 AM
I bought baklava at the market one time...it was good but it was really really sticky on the outside

Is it not supposed to be sticky? All that honey. It comes in like 20 different shapes and variations, as far as the layers go, but it's all the same ingredients. Maybe you got the kind with the extra sticky layers on the outside.

Rock
02-13-2005, 11:05 AM
The best Baklava in the US can be found in Deerborn Michigan. No lie.