PDA

View Full Version : Thank you BBB Admin for not fucking up pre-sales like U2 has!

valvano
01-31-2005, 01:04 PM
thank you again for not screwing up the pre-sale for this past fall's tour as U2 has just done. $40 for nothing. i failed to get tickets through ticketmaster this weekend (sold out in seconds), and U2 proved again what Barnum said, a sucker being born every minute. i am glad i did not pay $40 the 1 in a million chance to get advance tickets like so many others did.

thank you again.
(y)

tpk
02-01-2005, 04:42 AM
you payed but got no tickets? did you pay just to get the presale password or what?

anyway yeah we still got a lot of complaints from people. mostly because people sometimes misunderstand the way pre-sales generally works. but hopefully we didn't get anyone paying for no tickets at all.

valvano
02-01-2005, 08:11 AM
no, i wasnt one of the ones to pay $40 to u2.com. the way it was to work, they replaced propaganda, their old fan club, with a fan club add on at u2.com. in the past, propaganda handled fan club member sales via the mail. you mailed in your request, you got what you got. no problems. now, about a million people paid $40 for the "chance" to get tickets through a pre-sale password on ticketmaster. the problem was, the only pre-sale tickets available were a small number of crappy tickets. so in other words, you paid $40 just to get your foot in the door to be able to by nosebleeds.

here's a story about it all:

http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=926

http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=924

Extra Cheese
02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
actually, there were a bunch of people complaining about the pre-sale over here.

valvano
02-01-2005, 10:10 AM
yes, i remember, but at least bb.com didnt charge for it
the bb.com presale deal was easy,
you joined the mailing list, they mailed you with the info. if you werent on the mailing list, you didnt get it. easy as black and white

u2 took $40 for nothing,

adrock1988
02-01-2005, 11:24 PM
There may have been a few issues with our pre-sale but I really appreciated it. In 98 getting tickets to 3 Hello Nasty shows in other states was a pain in the ass. I had 3 phones calling Ticketmaster for those shows. The TT5B tour was much eisier and I took full advantage of it.

Thanks to the Boys and Admins who decided on hooking us up this time around.

Alli
02-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Honestly I got the presale pass form a local radio staion for TT5B tour. The actually concert is was lead me here. That sucks that U2 charged for the membership fee to get the presale :/

I hate concerts with all reserved seats.

I am glad the Beastie Presale for Red Rocks at least had GA tix. I think the seats in the front belong to the fans who wake up early and hang out all day just to be there not the ones with the biggest pocketbooks.