PDA

View Full Version : Beck, eh?

pip07
02-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Well...from the few tracks I've heard I think I may like this shit. What are his top albums???

pip07
02-07-2005, 04:45 PM
The new stuff is awesome. If you like that...you should definately check out Odelay. Each album seems to have it's own "theme". I love all his albums...but for a new jack into this new material I would suggest going with Odelay.

Also, I like that one song...something along the lines of being a loser and killing him...

Which album is that from?

Darko
02-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I love Odelay. Guero is good too (just wait a bit). Those are 2 the best to start with, as they're a lot easier to get into.

disco.quebrado
02-09-2005, 08:27 AM
I love Odelay. Guero is good too (just wait a bit). Those are 2 the best to start with, as they're a lot easier to get into.

i think mutations is his most accessible album
and probably his best

Qdrop
02-09-2005, 08:36 AM
all of his albums are sick...

Midnight Vultures in one of my top 5 albums of all time.

they've been blasting E-pro on the radio this week....
what is the official release date of this new album?

disco.quebrado
02-09-2005, 08:38 AM
march 29
still a lot time to wait for

Qdrop
02-09-2005, 08:42 AM
speaking of E-pro....
i noticed the distinct "so watcha want" beat in the backround....
and some of the recent reviews on the single mentioned it too....

wonder if he sampled it, or just jacked it....or it was coincidence?

OmahaBeastieFan
02-09-2005, 09:22 PM
beck is awesome i have been hearin epro on the radio heres a remix if anyone wants to hear it
http://www.bandbuilder.com/beck/index.php#

Mr Films
02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
has anyone downloaded his Hell Yes EP?

it's the shit.

so excited for this record, even though i've already heard it.

the been
02-10-2005, 11:35 PM

it's the shit.

yeah it is. just downloaded it from itunes last night. i loves me some beck. (y)

Mr Films
02-10-2005, 11:51 PM
yeah it is. just downloaded it from itunes last night. i loves me some beck. (y)

i wish the remix of hell yes was the on the album.

the original sounds totally lame in comparison.

Parkey
02-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm loving the new video. Proper old-school Amstrad computer graphics (y)

p-branez
02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
sea change was really really good.

past that i liked mutations.

romanpetr
02-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm loving the new video. Proper old-school Amstrad computer graphics (y)

Yeah,video is really good! (y)
And music is awesome,it's like on his old brilliant album - Odelay! (!)

jennyb
02-11-2005, 07:43 PM

FORK YEAH!

Just downloaded it... it's the shiznit! Damn this guy's got it goin' on. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Hell Yes!

Auton
02-12-2005, 02:57 AM
that video's fucking horrible. what a played out idea.

cosmo105
02-12-2005, 03:04 AM
i can't stand Hell Yes (or its video), but all the other songs on that ep are awesome. i'll give it another try. maybe.

Mr_Complex
02-12-2005, 05:03 AM
My favourite album of his is Mutations. Odelay is just behind that.

disco.quebrado
02-12-2005, 08:10 AM
ckeck out the e-pro video on msn.music.com
its great (y)

Documad
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
My favourite album of his is Mutations. Odelay is just behind that.
I love Mutations. I didn't love Sea Change because after a while it all sounded the same and it made for a boring tour. I love E-Pro and I have much higher hopes for a tour this time around.

Why oh why isn't he playing his small secret shows outside of LA?

Documad
02-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Huh? The Beck/Flaming Lips tour when Sea Change came out was fucking awesome! EVERYONE went apeshit at EVERY show. Every review I read had the author creaming all over themselves because the show(s) were so good.
Sorry, I love Beck and I was disappointed by the last show I saw. It had its moments. About 5 people from work saw it separately and none of us were blown away.

I thought Flaming Lips' opening set was entertaining, but I thought they were a bad match for Beck. Wayne tried really really hard. Too hard maybe. I later heard that they didn't like Beck as much as they had hoped and that they had expected to hang with him more but he kept to himself.

The best parts were when Beck did stuff alone, and he was pretty funny. The encore was fantastic though.

Granted, the audience I saw it with was spotty. Some really intense fans, but also many who seemed to only know Odelay.

I was so pissed at myself for missing his earlier more acoustic show at a really great small venue here. I didn't notice he was coming until it was sold out and I almost paid a scalper a ton for tickets, but didn't. I heard that one was fantastic.

steve-onpoint
02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Well...from the few tracks I've heard I think I may like this shit. What are his top albums???

Midnite Vultures and Sea Change

MuttertagFive
02-23-2005, 04:09 AM
sea change is very different to the other records I think, but its still my favourite.
its all in your mind, lonesome tears and especially lost cause are such awesome tracks.

but also his new guero-stuff is quite good. I like missing and go it alone.
Hell Yes sounds too much like I was in a club or something, but since you know its beck, its ok. :eek: (damn, I got a 4- for english at school, so dont wonder. its like a bad D)

Qdrop
02-23-2005, 08:29 AM
beck is awesome i have been hearin epro on the radio heres a remix if anyone wants to hear it
http://www.bandbuilder.com/beck/index.php#

that remix is unlistenable......puke.

steve-onpoint
03-16-2005, 09:21 PM
word up.. beck always holdin' it didown despite how the rest of mars feels.