PDA

View Full Version : WHICH TOUR WAS BETTER? THE PAGEANT OR THE ROUND..

still ill
02-18-2005, 01:48 PM
I LOVE THE PAGEANT TOUR(WENT TO MSG AND NASSAU SHOWS) WITH THE SHOUTS OUTS ,IMAGES AND THE FLOATING STAGE FOR THEIR INSTRUMENTAL SET. BUT THE "IN THE ROUND " SET WAS JUST AWESOME , A TOTALLY INNOVATICE WAY TO WATCH A SHOW, AND WHO COULD FORGET MMM'S TOM SAYWER INTRO.
PS WENT TO 3 NYC SHOWS ON "IN THE ROUND/HELLO NASTY TOUR"
MSG, NASSAU AND CONTINENTAL.

ncee
02-18-2005, 01:58 PM
id have to say the pagent... dog show was funny as hell.. i liked the way they did intergalactic in the crowd, and a dope setlist

still ill
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
I Like the dog show too

jennyb
02-18-2005, 02:06 PM
The Pageant was just so in tune with the fans, so I'd have to definately go withthe Pageant. That said, I did miss some of the rawking the 'in the round' offered. But one over the other? Pageant, yes... Pageant.

timmie
02-18-2005, 02:47 PM
The Hello Nasty Tour was awsum!! but, I would have to say the Pageant Tour was the Muts Nuts!!! (y) :D

Extra Cheese
02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
money mark and a tribe called quest as openers gives the upper hand to the in the round tour

,,,,,,,,,,,although with the paegant tour they were far removed from the past and by then everyone knew a lot of songs were jokes so they were able to do more licensed to ill material but i still give it to the '98 tour

Laver1969
02-18-2005, 03:26 PM
In my opinion the Pageant was much better than the HN tour. I went to two shows in 1998 and didn't have floor tix. So that might be why I didn't enjoy the shows as much. For me, there is nothing better than being on the rail! And the Pageant Tour really connected with the fans.

jusme1072
02-18-2005, 03:37 PM
that's tough, i think they came w/the roots to denver for their in the round, if i remember correctly, kinda don't remember as much as i should. but i remember going nuts through most of the show.

but have some good thoughts about the voodoo fest and red rocks. amazing shows, so i guess i'll go with most recent.

pagaent.

still ill
02-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Q-tip was part of the encore at the MSG "in the round for get it together. That is just a once in life time experience. Don't get me work I loved the pageant though

Laver1969
02-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Q-tip was part of the encore at the MSG "in the round for get it together. That is just a once in life time experience. Don't get me work I loved the pageant though

Qtip did NOT make a special encore appearance at either the Milwaukee or Chicago shows for the HN tour. I was disappointed.

mcamuto
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Qtip did NOT make a special encore appearance at either the Milwaukee or Chicago shows for the HN tour. I was disappointed.

I feel your pain. I went to 4 shows in 98. TFC and in the round shows and
I figured it would happen once. Nope.. Opening night in seattle I
figured it was a given.. nope. in cleveland qtip played without phife
and in toronto tribe cancelled. The ironic thing is i saw them play
GIT at msg in 1995 without qtip even though it was rumored that
he was supposed to be there.

Back to the topic. I have to say that I think the production values of
the show were better with the pagent. The cool openings like MMM walking
through the crowd or whatever else he did was cool and the boys seemed
to get much closer to the crowd and doing intergalatic in the stands
was pretty sick. It was more stripped down then HN.

I think however the sets I saw during the HN tour were better. This tour
they trimmed the set down probably about 5 songs from HN and I saw more variation in a lot of the sets compared to now. This tour seemed like they switched it up but not as much as in the past.

They were both sick tours but I think they both had their different highlights. I hope to see them a number more times....

Kid Presentable
02-19-2005, 03:33 AM
Better this time around because they were still there... (y)

timmie
02-19-2005, 03:43 AM
The Jungle Brothers for HN in the round @ Wembly London!! they were riding around the Beasties stage on BMX's rappin!! that was cool! :D

Parkey
02-19-2005, 12:41 PM
The pre-Hello Nasty shows they did at Brixton Academy were the best if you ask me. Money Mark, Invisible Scratch Piklz and DJ Shadow... What a support!

Laver1969
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
This tour they trimmed the set down probably about 5 songs from HN and I saw more variation in a lot of the sets compared to now. This tour seemed like they switched it up but not as much as in the past.

They were both sick tours but I think they both had their different highlights. I hope to see them a number more times....

Yep...I wish they would have played a few more songs...more like the 25-28 song set lists like in previous tours. But the Pageant Tour was great!

adrock1988
02-19-2005, 01:08 PM
3 In The Round

+'s - Tribe, Stage, outfits (Coveralls and Janitor Gear) and longer set

8 Pageant

+'s - Intros, Multiple outfits (Tuxes!!!), 90% Rhyming (my preference), Intergalactic in the crowd, but what gives the edge to the Pagaent was the fan friendlyness!

ILLMIX
02-21-2005, 06:41 AM
i Didnt go to any shows for the 98/99 tour but i heard a lot fo their material on radio and TV. i was fortunate to see them here in manchester but if i had to choose then i would have liked to be at the In The Round tour as they had a more variation of music and a longer set with better supports and stage production. Yout got to hear songs like Heart attack man, I Want Some and Benny and the Jets!!! Get it together (with Q-tip) and covers like Wonderwall and Big Shot.

basically when you pay £30 for a ticket what do you want? value for money of course, so it has to be more songs and a bigger variety of them!! also 'In The Round' tour was very inovative and grossed a lot of money i think it was one of the biggest grossing tours year ending 99. ....Also here in the UK it had a lot more press and positive publicity than what they got now, there was no mention of their age (obviously) and the buzz of Intergalactic lasted for what 2 years!!!
This tour was very simplistic like their album. (lb)

mcamuto
02-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Yep...I wish they would have played a few more songs...more like the 25-28 song set lists like in previous tours. But the Pageant Tour was great!

Word to that. I think that was pretty much the only thing i did not
like about he pagent tour. They played like a few more songs and
it was a bit too predictable (i.e. same encore every night, same instrumental
interlude).. If they could have merged the HN set lists with the pagent
show it would have been nirvana. Both tours were beyond sick though.

sarahd
02-25-2005, 10:09 AM

Makes 2 of us.....

SR Cranks
02-27-2005, 11:37 PM
My vote would go to the Hello Nasty "In the Round" tour. I thought The Paegent tour was really good, and I had a great time at the 3 shows I hit, but it felt a little flat at times. The Paegent tour almost seemed to be a "Best Of". It was cool to hear those songs, but I really would have loved to get more variety in the setlist. I also thought the stops for the videos seemed to take away some of the energy of the crowd.

Probably my biggest complaint about The Pageant tour was the sound/vocals. What I loved about the HN tour was how they would throw some serious fx and delays all over the vocals. There were wasn't much in terms of sound fx on this tour, and I think it made the show seem too polished.

Having said that, I still had an amazing time at the shows last year.

YoungRemy
02-28-2005, 08:04 AM
im gonna definitely go with Pageant Tour. Way more energy from the Three.

Beastie Girl
03-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Yep, I'm gonna go with the general concensus and say the pageant tour as well. As brilliant as the HN tour was, the boys just keep getting better with age :D

Chad the Lad
03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Na i gotta say that in the round was immense!

the fact that it was my first beasties gig made it even better, i was hopin for another circular stage but ah well.

it made it more intimate, everyone got a great view and it just looked amazing! (getting goosebumps just thinkin bout it!)

pageant was the shit too though the set, the show, the costume changes, people dressed up, the stoner guy crackin his teeth off the camera. and the woozy back flippin kung fu dude. i wis well entertained at both shows!!!!

BeastlyBoy79
03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok, so I saw the Beasties for the first time live on the "In the Round" world tour, so in my heart, it'll be the show that I compare all shows, Beasties or non-Beasties shows, to. In my mind it was "The Best Show I Have Ever Been To, Period." However, the Pageant tour was also great, although I could have used more songs and more varied set lists. However, going to a Beasties show is always a blast and is money well spent, especially when you get floor tickets on your birthday for the Pageant Tour... lol. ( although I spent more money on tix for the Pageant Tour ( $40 per ticket, plus service charge ) then I did on the In The Round ( $25 per ticket including service charge ), which shows you how much ticket prices went up in six years )

8/7/98 - Kansas City
6/12/04 - Weenie Roast ( Irvine, CA )
9/14/04 - Long Beach

MC Moot
03-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I LOVE THE PAGEANT TOUR(WENT TO MSG AND NASSAU SHOWS) WITH THE SHOUTS OUTS ,IMAGES AND THE FLOATING STAGE FOR THEIR INSTRUMENTAL SET. BUT THE "IN THE ROUND " SET WAS JUST AWESOME , A TOTALLY INNOVATICE WAY TO WATCH A SHOW, AND WHO COULD FORGET MMM'S TOM SAYWER INTRO.
PS WENT TO 3 NYC SHOWS ON "IN THE ROUND/HELLO NASTY TOUR"
MSG, NASSAU AND CONTINENTAL.

For me it was the "Hello Nasty" support "in the round" in Vancouver,Canada. With a Tribe Called Quest opening on their "last tour".
It was the second night of the nasty tour and the first night,in Seattle,got some rough reviews. But as soon as The Tribe took the stage and did more damage with 3 white towels than any hip hop act in the history of the biz...well,it was on....Anyways,the Beasties were amazing,guaranteed fresh everytime and the funniest part was they were still geting used to the stage.Money Mark was struglin to dribble a b-ball against the rotation and later knocked his keyboards over,very comical,the band was having so much fun,more so then I have ever seen them have.
And the sound,oh the sweet,sweet sound of bass in ya face! :)