PDA

View Full Version : Drexciya

ET
03-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Drexciya is America's Kraftwerk, simply put. Eternally based in Detroit, so you know it's quality.

Almost everything you wanted to know about Drexciya's (http://www.phinnweb.com/links/artists/drexciya/) discography.

If you're not into buying before trying, Bubble Metropolis, Black Sea, and Wave Jumper are probably some of the best tracks they've done. The Quest album puts together a lot of the better songs. It's worth a download at the very least.

ET
03-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Jesus, I'm comparing them to Kraftwerk.

Has anyone ever heard of Drexciya? James Stinson, who was the head of the shit, died in 2002. It's a shame. All of his tracks are based on the fictional world of Drexciya, which is like the black Atlantis formed by African slaves who were 'disposed of' during the whole slave trade deal. It's not ultra political or anything but you definitely get this kind of aquatic feel with most of the tracks. I can't help but be reminded of those shots in movies with the camera mounted on a helicopter while it's flying across the ocean.

It's good stuff, I promise.

Parkey
03-20-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm behind you (y) There stuff gets released on Rephlex in the UK, which is about as ringing an endorsement as you can get!

thegoodmrbrodie!
03-20-2005, 05:26 PM
i must have missed this somehow. yeah, drexciya is top shit. i have seen drexciyan dj stingray play a couple of times at dedbeat weekenders. electro innit.