PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best song On the Beach Boys' PET SOUNDS ??

RadioFiend
03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
What's the Best song on the BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME??

Wouldn't it be nice is my fav

But damn they're all good

AdRoxGirlie
03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
im sorry-beach boys? your in the wrong place my man

Kenny Blewblood
03-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with the Beach Boys. Pet Sounds is no doubt one of the best albums of ALL time. I would have to say God Only Knows would have to be my favorite.

Bobtwi
03-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Ban radiofiend and Kenny Blewblood.Or atleast move the thread.But ban Kenny.

PaddyBoy
03-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with the Beach Boys. Pet Sounds is no doubt one of the best albums of ALL time. I would have to say God Only Knows would have to be my favorite.

I agree, God only Knows. First song ever to have the word God in the title, did you know that?

Bobtwi, I'm just getting my opinion in before this thread is closed.

b-girl74
03-09-2005, 01:21 PM
im sorry-beach boys? your in the wrong place my man

Ugh! The beach boys! I hate them, whenever I go to the store There are so many dang beach boys albums that I cant find any beastie boys ones... :mad:

Bobtwi
03-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Ugh! The beach boys! I hate them, whenever I go to the store There are so many dang beach boys albums that I cant find any beastie boys ones... :mad:
I hear you.You see that Bea... only to pissed off to find the rest reads ch Boys.

Adrock_Oct31
03-09-2005, 01:26 PM
wtf is the beach boys even i never heard of them omg

Bobtwi
03-09-2005, 01:28 PM
wtf is the beach boys even i never heard of them omg
They're a cover band of the Beasties.

stillill
03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
I cannot think about the Beach Boys without thinking of "Mouthful of Sores" from Mr. Show. The audio commentary might even be funnier than the sketch.

Kenny Blewblood
03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
How about God Bless America?

Kenny Blewblood
03-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Ban radiofiend and Kenny Blewblood.Or atleast move the thread.But ban Kenny.
You're just mad that you have cigarettes but no beer.

Auton
03-09-2005, 08:05 PM
adroxgirlie, adrock oct31, bgirl74, and bobtwi are all idiots.

Caroline No, followed by God Only Knows and Let's Go Away for Awhile

HellofaSandwich
03-09-2005, 08:09 PM
"I Know There's An Answer"/"Hang On To Your Ego"

And then "Wouldn't It Be Nice"...

Rich Cheney
03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Pet Sounds followed up by Wouldn't it be nice

WhoMoi?
03-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I agree, God only Knows. First song ever to have the word God in the title, did you know that?

I agree too. That's my all-time favorite Beach Boys song.
And no, I did not know that! Was it the first song ever to make Top 40 to have God in the title, or something? (Because obviously lots of gospel music has God in titles). That's an interesting piece of trivia.

DroppinScience
03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
The entire album is a masterpiece, but I'm quite partial to:

"Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)"

RadioFiend
03-09-2005, 11:03 PM
PET SOUNDS Is a beautifull album

I listen to it everyday on my CD player

Dont Worry Beastie Fans, I be bumping Beastie Boys TOO

Ord Lees
03-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Tough call

"I Know There's An Answer" "Sloop John B" "Caroline, No" "God Only Knows" "Waiting for the Day"

and of course the honorary inclusion (My favorite Beach Boys song of all): Good Vibrations

Whole album is greatness. Takes a little getting into. For you kids rolling your eyes, it's probably the only reason Polyphonic Spree even happened.

I HIGHLY recommend the 'Pet Sounds Sessions' CD box set if you don't already have it, the instrumental track sessions are soooo great, with Brian Wilson voice-overs from the control room and musicians casually working out turns and playing styles that became such signature touches on the album, like stumbling on the little guitar pluck on 'Waiting for the Day...'

Wilson, interrupting recording, blurts "Man that was out of sight... How did you play that? 'Al, that was a really great mistake!"
Al: "No kidding... I thought it felt wrong"

...And it's played like that from then on, and is now a classic riff in that song... Magic, how it's inception was caught on tape.

I admit however I did not like the new 'Smile' album from last year, sucks how his voice has dusted off a little, but what can you do? Good to see the guy in action.
I prefer the sounds and recording quality of the same songs released on "Smiley Smile."

10p Party
03-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Mines is God Only Knows, hands down. The Beach Boys kick ass. As does Brian Wilsons 'smile'.

PaddyBoy
03-10-2005, 07:00 AM
I agree too. That's my all-time favorite Beach Boys song.
And no, I did not know that! Was it the first song ever to make Top 40 to have God in the title, or something? (Because obviously lots of gospel music has God in titles). That's an interesting piece of trivia.

It is interesting, but I'm not fully sure. I suppose it must be the first in the Top 40 to have God in the title. I exaggerated to get attention.

Nice sig though, Seinfeld is the best comedy hands down. George: "I need hand. I have got NO hand in this relationship!"