3.Keith Moon/John Entwistle
4.Pete Thomas/Bruce Thomas
5.John Bonham/John Paul Jones

mickill
03-09-2005, 09:38 AM
I agree with those...

Topper Headon/Paul Simonon
Lars Ulrich/Cliff Burton
Dave Grohl/Nick Oliveri (more so than Krist Novoselic)
Mitch Mitchell/Noel Redding
Chad Smith/Flea

Too bad Ringo Starr wasn't a better drummer, because Paul was actually quite good with the bass.

Auton
03-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Chad Smith/Flea

I was just talking about this over breakfast this morning. gotta give credit where credit is due (y)

Documad
03-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't understand the musicianship of the drums and bass, but I have a few questions if someone will help me out:

1. I enjoy Keith Moon like nobody's business and he was a born rock star, but was he a great drummer? I know everyone says he was, but I also heard that he was incapable of keeping time, which seems like the drummer's #1 job. :confused: Keith certainly played like no one else. I never saw The Who live with Keith (even I'm not that old) but I also heard that having a drummer who kept time freed Pete up to play better guitar.

2. I always thought that Billy Squier, for all his faults, seemed to have a great rhythm section.

3. I think that Taylor Hawkins with Foo Fighters is the best rock drummer I've seen live in the past couple of years. The last time I saw him it was amazing, and I attended with a drum teacher who agreed.

P.S. I'd give it to Charlie and Bill. Or Chris and Tina, for sentimental reasons!

Freebasser
03-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Me, and whichever greasy gorilla is on drums.

I'm not sure I would say Smith and Flea.

Flea is a fucking God, but Smith always comes across as a bit average in my eyes. Then again, I'm not a drummer, so I won't pass judgement.

WhoMoi?
03-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Or Chris and Tina, for sentimental reasons!

I'm not knowledgable enough about drums/bass to really make a judgment, but I agree with that pair for the same reasons. :D

Sandinista!
03-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I agree with those...

Topper Headon/Paul Simonon

I'll agree with those; from "Guns of Brixton" to "Tommy Gun," their stuff just works.

I'm also gonna go with Geezer Butler/Bill Ward. They were offbeat enough as to make their stuff quite neat (y)

Kid Presentable
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
HUB and Quest?

Rosie Cotton
03-11-2005, 01:25 AM
No doubt about it........The Loon and The Ox.

End of discussion. :cool:

Auton
03-11-2005, 11:25 AM
:cool:

Nomen Nescio
03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
bloc party

Knuckles
03-11-2005, 09:01 PM
GEDDY LEE/NEIL PEART

go ahead and make fun of me assholes

Documad
03-11-2005, 09:48 PM
GEDDY LEE/NEIL PEART

go ahead and make fun of me assholes
My brother says they're the best musicians, even though the band is unlistenable. He also says that Jeff Beck might be technically one of the best guitar players ever, but you would never sit down and play one of his records. :)