PDA

View Full Version : Worst Pop Song Ever

Documad
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
It just might be Muskrat Love by the Captain and Tenelle.

(I've spent too much time in my car this week on work trips. :o )

yeahwho
03-11-2005, 10:14 PM
You could be right, I'm still thinking. Ebony and Ivory is pretty worst, so is that one song by Billy Joel, WTF it was on the radio all the time, Big Shot or something, so ripe for parody. Gawd almost a full 50% of all pop songs are the worst ever. :eek:

WhoMoi?
03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
There sure are a lot of contenders.
I'm gonna have to go with Barbie Girl by Aqua. That was just unbelievably awful.

Documad
03-11-2005, 11:19 PM
You could be right, I'm still thinking. Ebony and Ivory is pretty worst, so is that one song by Billy Joel, WTF it was on the radio all the time, Big Shot or something, so ripe for parody. Gawd almost a full 50% of all pop songs are the worst ever. :eek:
There are many worse Billy Joel songs.

Ebony and Ivory is dreadful. And it reminds me of The Girl Is Mine, which might be worse. Or that could just be because of the video.

Sandinista!
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Lovefool, by those hateful Sabbath Bloody Sabbath-killing Cardigans (n)

yeahwho
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Just found this on Blender's website (http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/WORST-Blender.html), kind of have to agree w/ most of it. There are a few I wouldn't mind covering note for note just for dramatic effect, but most of these songs are button pushers in the car radio. Always fun to torture buddies with though.

Documad
03-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Just found this on Blender's website (http://www.popculturemadness.com/Music/WORST-Blender.html), kind of have to agree w/ most of it. There are a few I wouldn't mind covering note for note just for dramatic effect, but most of these songs are button pushers in the car radio. Always fun to torture buddies with though.
Most of those are very bad, but not Sounds of Silence!

I prefer the truly horrible pop songs of the 70s. Like She's Having My Baby.

yeahwho
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Like She's Having My Baby.

She is? Congratulations, I think. :confused:

Documad
03-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Okay, my mistake. (You're) Having My Baby. Right? :p

Beth
03-12-2005, 01:33 AM
shiny happy people by r.e.m.

jennyb
03-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh! That song sux elephant nuts.

alexandra
03-12-2005, 08:50 AM
There sure are a lot of contenders.
I'm gonna have to go with Barbie Girl by Aqua. That was just unbelievably awful.
ahh, the parody in dutch cracks me up. (y)

WhoMoi?
03-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh! That song sux elephant nuts.
Yes, that song is terrible!! Things have gotten pretty bad when singers have to steal songs from Fiddler on the Roof.

SobaViolence
03-12-2005, 12:28 PM
'the end' is a bad song?!? 'ob-la-di ob-la-da'?

fuck blender, fuck maxim and fuck anyone who agrees with those talentless, pitiful fools.

likeOMG!
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
When I Hear Music...it makes me dance!

tdot04
03-12-2005, 12:49 PM

So... many... bad memories... :(

GreenFairy
03-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Totally agreed but I think that the worst is a song by The Cartoons (I don't remember the title!)

b-grrrlie
03-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh there's such a lot of crap around!
Especially in the 70's and 80's (yes, Sandinista! 80's shat out an awful lot of crap as well!), like

Nena - 99 luftballoons
Trio - Da da da
Der kommissar (by whoever, some German that one as well)
Words by some crap artist
Baker man by some Danish who jumped off a plane on their video (wish they'd crashed on the ground when they did that so we'd been better off)
4 Non Blondes - can't remember the name of that awful piece and don't want to be reminded (ironically once I asked my friend and her boyfriend when they got married if there was a song that was "their's" and it was that one! I had to hold my puke!)
Scorpions - Wind of Change

and there must be plenty more, but I gotta hurl now

Parkey
03-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Totally agreed but I think that the worst is a song by The Cartoons (I don't remember the title!)
Fucking hell! The Cartoons! They were terrible terrible terrible.

My vite goes for The Bluebells and 'Young At Heart' (n)

Stupid
03-12-2005, 04:28 PM
That Babycakes song, it made me wanna kill myself. :(

Bobtwi
03-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Mmmm Bop.Enough said.No wait that I get knocked down but get up again song.Those two are the worst of all time hands down.I would rather eat horse shit then listen to those songs.

Sandinista!
03-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Der kommissar (by whoever, some German that one as well)

Falco did the foreign one, and After the Fire did the one in English.

BangkokB
03-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Oh there's such a lot of crap around!
Der kommissar~ by After the Fire
You are wrong. That is the greatest pop song ever written. When I rule a country that will be it's National Anthem and my minions will love it.

Chop Chop Chop!

minorthreat
03-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Has anyone heard the fast food song by the fast food rockers...that kinda sucked...kinda?

scotty
03-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Agadoo - Black Lace
Love Hurts - Nazareth (not strictly a pop song, but so very,very painful)
She's Like The Wind - Patrick Swayze

GreenFairy
03-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Fucking hell! The Cartoons! They were terrible terrible terrible.

C'mon!! Everybody sing this song dooda dooda... :D

b-grrrlie
03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
You are wrong. That is the greatest pop song ever written. When I rule a country that will be it's National Anthem and my minions will love it.

Chop Chop Chop!Well I've only heard the German one and don't even wanna hear another version of it.

Must add a recent one: J Lo's latest, haven't even bothered to find out what it's called. The first time I heard it I knew that horrible saxophone line would drive me crazy, and it indeedy does! And I love saxophones!

oh yeah and Britney's version of I love rock'n'roll! Blasphemy!

Tzar
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
shiny happy people by r.e.m.

my mum cranks this shit at like 8:00am each saturday and sunday. wakes me up and all that. fucking bad start to the day.

Documad
03-13-2005, 09:54 PM
She's Like The Wind - Patrick Swayze
This one would be hard to top. :p

b-grrrlie
03-14-2005, 05:23 AM
who wer ethe idiots that did that song that went.

you and me baby we ain't nuthin but mammels so lets do it like the discovery channel.

damn that shit was wack.

:D
Bloodhound Gang

ET
03-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Jefferson Starship - We Built This City (On Rock And Roll)

There is no doubt about it. And I'll tell you why. They started out a Jefferson Airplane. Their sound was definitive of the late 60's. You go from a song like "Somebody to Love" into this load of audio feces and there is no explaining (probably crack!) nor forgiving that. I'm taking into account that song from the Mannequin movie too.

Kenny Blewblood
03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Mmmm Bop.Enough said.No wait that I get knocked down but get up again song.Those two are the worst of all time hands down.I would rather eat horse shit then listen to those songs.
How about if the slithery snake guy was singing them?