PDA

View Full Version : New Audioslave

wavin_goodbye
03-12-2005, 09:16 AM
New single came out this past thursday.. it's pretty good.

you can listen at www.audioslave.com .

enree erzweglle
03-12-2005, 09:20 AM

It's not a bunch of things. Does nothing for me. :(
Zach, we miss you and all that passion.

wavin_goodbye
03-12-2005, 09:22 AM
you keep waiting for that album.... at least these guys are doing something.

audioslave is 100X better than what zack has done solo so far.

enree erzweglle
03-12-2005, 09:26 AM
What album? Zach's solo one? I think I read that it's finished and the record company is just waiting to release it.

It sounds like you've heard samples from it (to compare it to Audioslave). If so, tell me where to hear samples, please. Thanks!

ASsman
03-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Simply because they are releasing albums doesn't make them "better". And Zach has been busy, both musically and politically. Of course you'd know this if you'd bother look it up before posting.

Pfff. Just , Pfff, why didn't you say "better than Zack X number of solo tracks", I'd guess because you haven't even heard one of them.

Quantity over quality.... Nuh uh.

It sounds like you've heard samples from it (to compare it to Audioslave). If so, tell me where to hear samples, please. Thanks!
http://www.zackdelarocha.com/
that's one of '
http://www.zdlr.net/portal/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=80&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0&POSTNUKESID=01c6b0603597647fd5fc5fcf4ffa4110
that's another, and there are some other tracks on the website. Some incomplete. But I forget who on the board was talking about the album/tracks all being finished. And I believe it was Epic we were waiting on, not Zach.

Also there is no point in comparing the two. One of them is Alternative Rock (whatever that REALLY means) and the others are more Hip-Hop, especially with DJ Shadow in the picture.

Beth
03-12-2005, 10:57 AM

for some reason, the chorus reminds me of offspring's song gone away (off the ixnay on the hombre cd).

enree erzweglle
03-12-2005, 11:31 AM
http://www.zackdelarocha.com/
that's one of '
http://www.zdlr.net/portal/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=80&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0&POSTNUKESID=01c6b0603597647fd5fc5fcf4ffa4110
that's another, and there are some other tracks on the website. Some incomplete. But I forget who on the board was talking about the album/tracks all being finished. And I believe it was Epic we were waiting on, not Zach.

I didn't know about these tracks! I woke up today to more snow and it's cold and I can't warm up. No plans for tonight, so I'm going to wait til then to listen to these songs. THANKS!

BTW, I agree that there really isn't a comparison, but do Audioslave, themselves, make that comparison at all? Do they consider themselves a reconstituted RATM or have they tried to divorce themselves from that?

ASsman
03-12-2005, 04:41 PM
They aren't RATM anymore, nor will they ever. Going with Cornell made that obvious. They don't have plans to go down that path.

wavin_goodbye
03-12-2005, 05:21 PM
march of death is several years old = it wasnt bad.

we want it all was absolute crap.

zack has basically just tried to do what tim tom and brad did with machines.

"Pfff. Just , Pfff, why didn't you say "better than Zack X number of solo tracks", I'd guess because you haven't even heard one of them."

actually ive heard both.. are there more?

"Simply because they are releasing albums doesn't make them "better". And Zach has been busy, both musically and politically. Of course you'd know this if you'd bother look it up before posting. "

define busy.. couple of benefits over the past 4-5 years? no performances.. 2 songs released . busy. indeed.

i love zack - and really hope he gets his stuff together.. because he's always been really good, but i just dont think he is a very serious musician/performer.

ASsman
03-12-2005, 05:50 PM
i love zack - and really hope he gets his stuff together.. because he's always been really good, but i just dont think he is a very serious musician/performer.
Like I said, AFAIK the Album has been finished, EPIC hasn't released it.

zack has basically just tried to do what tim tom and brad did with machines.
Make music?.....

In Hip-Hop there aren't bands, there are producers and DJs.

http://www.zdlr.net/portal/index.php doesn't seem to have a problem posting news about him.

actually ive heard both.. are there more?
He's co-produced some other tracks, not sure which. But feel free to research it.

wavin_goodbye
03-12-2005, 07:53 PM
"Make music?..... "

sigh. no i meant he's just copied their sound.. it's a bad rage.

don't patronize me - i know what hip hop is.

i haven't seen anything about the album being finished - i know that he worked with trent for a bit.. dj shadow was supposed to work with him but one day posted on his site that he has "disappeared" . granted, maybe they "found" each other but still.

i wouldnt throw out that whole epic thing out - because it probably wouldnt sell much and RCs have done stupider things.. but still, i wonder about this completed album.

Sandinista!
03-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Pshaw, worthless new band.

wavin_goodbye
03-13-2005, 08:57 AM

enlightening, once again.

ASsman
03-13-2005, 09:59 AM
I would agree with you, but I know it's merely coincidental.

Extra Cheese
03-13-2005, 01:05 PM
In Hip-Hop there aren't bands, there are producers and DJs.

there arent many bands true but they are out there. and then theres some who incorporate bands into their live shows.

ASsman
03-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Meh, yah, but not in the same sense. And it's a lot less likely. Hip-Hop as a genre can be stretched pretty far, perhaps not as far as Rock, the latter being much older.

Sandinista!
03-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I'll take all I can get in an age of poorly-performed music.

You're wasting your time in this freakin' wasteland; revert to the past, when rock bands had hair and the times that were good had a tendency to roll.

DroppinScience
03-15-2005, 12:40 AM
I would agree with you, but I know it's merely coincidental.

Same here.

DroppinScience
03-15-2005, 02:34 AM
I love music too much to close myself from everything. There is good out there, even to this day.

Spoken like a true music fan! (y)

Lord_Bisto
03-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Blud audio slave, Are no Rage against the machine!!
You should listen to Zacks song on Roni Size Represents. So Good

Sandinista!
03-15-2005, 11:59 PM
I love music too much to close myself from everything. There is good out there, even to this day.

"From everything" implies that I shun every form of music, and that's just a silly generalization. The only good that's produced in "this day" comes from bands that were previously worthwhile; Duran Duran's release was cute, The Cure's was an adequate representation of what they do and New Order's release has to continue their streak as the hippest band this side of Istanbul.