PDA

View Full Version : What are the Top 5 Albums Since You Were Born?

ToucanSpam
03-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Why not? I did this the other day, I'd like to see what other people think. It sucks because I was born in 1986, so I get screwed out fo a lot of good stuff.

PAT WALSH'S TOP 5 ALBUMS SINCE 1986

5. Appetite for Destruction- You can't really say G and R had no affect on rock and roll. Since I have gone to Kareeokees, or whatever its called, someone always sings Paradise City. But that is not why its number 5. Its there because it is brilliantly produced, Slash is an amazing guitar player, and really this album is an essential to a collection, I feel. It adds color to a collection, not in the way of color art, because its black with a cross on it hahahahah.

4. Americana- really though, how can I not put something by the Offspring on this list? You may hate them but you cant really deny that they too have impacted the 'punk movement' of the 90's. However, that's where they belong. In the 90's. Why don't YOU get a job, you white guy? Just pay the man.

3. American Idiot- I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this choice, but fuck you assholes. This is Green Day's ultimate album, with many different kinds of songs on it. Any ignorant piece of shit who says all of Green Day's songs sound the same are tools, because its pretty fucking obvious in this album alone, nay, ONE TRACK, that they don't do the same thing every album. Now, it won a Grammy, which means less every year, but it has sold like 6 million copies. Can someone say instant classic, or are you all just to clingy to the old time rock and roll?

2. The Black Album- Yeah yeah yeah, Metallica sucks. Everyone says it, its 'popular opinion' to say so. Well, heres something you can ram up your pipe and smoke it. Produced by Bob Rock in 1990, 91, 92, somethign like that, Im far too lazy to check, this is THE Metallica album to own, besides Master of Puppets, which came out in 1985, which is the only reason why it is not number 2 on this list. Perhaps you should listen to this before judging Metallica on their Napster whiney-binge. Or be a prick, whatever comes easiest to you.

1. Californication-I really think this deserves to be number one. The return of John Frusciante to the RHCP and production of this album saved their band. I am still blown away by this album after 6 years. Funky songs and Flea is my hero. Uhhhhhhhh just go buy it now, listen to it, and be happy. I know I am.

Forgice me if it sounds preachy or rude, I posted this on my blog when I was angry and drunk, so bare with me.

DroppinScience
03-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I won't give you flack for picking "American Idiot", but I'll certainly give you flack for picking "Americana." :eek:

J-Syxx
03-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Pretty Fly for a Whiteguy? Get a Job? Did you use a time machine to travel to present time while you were still 8 years old?

Parkey
03-12-2005, 03:33 PM
what a crock of shit

A. Remin' D.
03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Best since I was born? Ok, the 5 best albums since 1989, here we go!

5. Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg
4. All That You Can't Leave Behind - U2
3. Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys
2. Brown Sugar - D'Angelo
1. Check Your Head - Beastie Boys

Beg to differ?

Sandinista!
03-13-2005, 12:44 AM
1. Beastie Boys- Paul's Boutique
2. New Order- Technique
3. The Cure- Disintegration
4. Pet Shop Boys- Discography
5. Depeche Mode- Violator

Born in '88, so naturally, I have to pick stuff from 1989 and onwards; the non-1989 stuff consists of a singles collection and an album by a band that's been around since the early 80s.

The Notorious LOL
03-13-2005, 03:43 PM
lot of you musta been listening to these albums when you were shitting in diapers.

open letter
03-13-2005, 04:05 PM
slipknot - iowa
beastie boys - to the five bourghs
cypress hill - black sunday
beastie boys - ill comunication
biffy clyro - vertigo of bliss :)

ProfessorBootay
03-15-2005, 06:48 PM
1986 onwards

1. Loveless ~ My Bloody Valentine - IMO best album ever. (1991)
2. Siamese Dream ~ Smashing Pumpkins (1993)
3. Daydream Nation ~ Sonic Youth (1988)
4. The Smiths ~ The Queen is Dead (1986)
5. Bright Eyes ~ I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (2005)

As for both Americana and American Idiot... :eek: ... I like punk being punk, not snagged on pops commercial sheen. They would both appear in my WORST 5 since I was born. :(

Sandinista!
03-15-2005, 11:45 PM
lot of you musta been listening to these albums when you were shitting in diapers.

You musta been listening to new music when you were ditching grammar.

norwegian idiot
12-20-2005, 11:51 AM
1. offspring - ixnay on the hombre
2. offspring - smash
3. offspring - igniton
4. offspring - americana
5. offspring - splinter

offspring is best!

DIGI
12-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Wow. What a bunch of retarded lists.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Offspring impacted the punk movement of the 90's.

Pfftt.