PDA

View Full Version : BMG Music Cluby thing (12 Cds for the price of 1)

DandyFop
03-15-2005, 07:40 AM
So I did this a while back and decided on a whim to do it again last night. Has anyone else done this? It's a great deal if you want to pick up some classic shit. I'm going for a little variety (obviously) - these are my first 7 free ones:

Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Greatest Hits

Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark

Nas - Illmatic

Daft Punk - Discovery

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica<--- this one I already have all of on my computer but I'd like to actually have the CD.

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

ScarySquirrel
03-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I used to do that a super long time ago and the CD's seemed to be shittier quality than usual. If that makes any sense. They felt a lot thinner than normal CD's and I remember they used to have this stamp on them that said "BMG Music" or something on the front.

Everybody knows Columbia House is where it's at. F'real.

Actually, I hate CD clubs.

CiaoBellaXO
03-15-2005, 09:47 AM
HOLY SHITE....

Me and my girlies were just talking about back in the day how we used ot scam all those 20 CD's for a penny companies...we used to make up names...they will eventually have you pay for it all...I had bill collectors calling me...I'd say just burn the CDs.

mickill
03-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Greatest Hits

Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark

Nas - Illmatic

Daft Punk - Discovery

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica<--- this one I already have all of on my computer but I'd like to actually have the CD.

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

I was expecting your selections to be all like Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman and Count Basie or something.

Picturing Brabs rolling in her station wagon, bumping Illmatic on a warm sunny day is an amusing image.

Parkey
03-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I joined the Brittania club about 8 years ago over in the UK, they sent me my 10 CDs and I never heard from them again. Result (y)

DandyFop
03-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I was expecting your selections to be all like Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman and Count Basie or something.

Picturing Brabs rolling in her station wagon, bumping Illmatic on a warm sunny day is an amusing image.

Since my grandpa rolled with the above peeps, I have all that music I can handle. And yes, that is how I will be rocking Illmatic, niggaaaa.

DandyFop
03-15-2005, 04:11 PM
I'd say just burn the CDs.

I don't have this option, shitty dial up and no other way to get moozix.

Monsieur Decuts
03-15-2005, 04:13 PM
did it twice and never paid a dime