I am busy... :cool: :cool:

(!) and for the summer:
Beck
Coldplay
maybe also Duran Duran....

need European Commission Funds... :( :rolleyes:

b-grrrlie
03-18-2005, 05:06 AM
I'm gonna see the Saints on Sunday. I was supposed to go to see Mercury Rev last night, I even got an offer from the organisers "go 2 pay for 1", but I didn't have anyone to go with me so I didn't wanna go alone (which would've been unquestionable even just a few months ago, but I'm fed up going out alone).

Otherwise it's pretty thin gigwise right now. There's Silverbullit (a must!) next Friday and propably Wedding Present on 28th. T(I)NC are playing on the 1st April, but I might go to Finland to 22 Pistepirkko's record and book release party then (there's gonna be loads of my pics in that booK).
The next gig I'm really looking forward to is Blues Explosion at the end of April. In May there's Lou Reed, 22Pistepirkko and Popaganda festival with loads and loads of bands, for free!

MuttertagFive
03-18-2005, 05:26 AM
the kills, in april.

@bussolai: how do you know beck is coming to europe?

bussolai
03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
@bussolai: how do you know beck is coming to europe?
I heard this news:
he's coming in Italy for a summer festival two days long.
its called flippout (http://www.flippaut.com/site/)festival and it will take place 1st and 2nd of june (because the 2nd is bank holiday in ita)

mtv.it is the source (http://www.mtv.it/news/news_page.asp?ID=P++++43291&NAME=Beck&IDNEWS=CCA1F65DEE614C34A3E88CB501E4BF39)

ps: he's in EU I think at the moment. he'll perform on mtv italy this mon 21st march - he will present the new album!!

mr_krinkle
03-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Infection
Tomorrow :D

Matt
03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
you're seeing interpol :mad:

I can probably get off work for one night next month, so I'm going to have to choose between seeing Alkaline Trio or Elvis Costello. Hopefully I won't have to make the choice, and I can go to both.

little j
03-18-2005, 12:40 PM
motley crue in august

Rock
03-18-2005, 12:47 PM
I saw them at MCI a couple of weeks ago (y) (y) . ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!!!!

I plan on seeing Beck when he makes it around. I might go see the Firey Furnaces in a couple of weeks. And depending on free admission...Weezer when they make it around.

Darko
03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm seeing Queens of the Stone Age on April 8.

GreenFairy
03-18-2005, 03:01 PM
for sure:
R.E.M. in june
maybe:
Motley Crue and Malmsteen in june
skatalites in april

SuperZenki
03-18-2005, 03:25 PM
I may go to a Green Day concert in May, if I can convince my friend to take me, since he has an extra ticket.

AC/DC is also supposed to be touring if they make a new album, but it's just a rumor, although I'd definitely go.

Vladimir
03-18-2005, 05:34 PM
The Mars Volta in May
I wanted to get tickets to the QOTSA concert but it didnt happen.

thegoodmrbrodie!
03-18-2005, 08:16 PM
caribou//boom bip//gruff rhys dj//four tet dj.

that is sometime next month. at the lovely scala in london.

alruggs
03-18-2005, 08:19 PM
you're seeing interpol :mad:

I can probably get off work for one night next month, so I'm going to have to choose between seeing Alkaline Trio or Elvis Costello. Hopefully I won't have to make the choice, and I can go to both.
My friend got me a ticket to Costello and I can't go (n)

Documad
03-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Paul Westerberg.
I was out of town when he played here. :mad: I'm jealous.

Oh, and in the next month I'm seeing Moby, Garbage, and Atmosphere for sure. Has anyone seen Moby? I have no idea what to expect, except I'm guessing he's not going to do much. Kind of like Chemical Brothers? :confused:

Mido
03-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Of Montreal on April 23rd

and possibly The Decemberists on May 21st (haven't found anybody to go with yet)

goofball
03-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Sage Francis, March 23rd

yeahwho
03-19-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm kind of burnt out on concerts at the moment. Saw Bob Dylan last week, he was just...OK....his phrasing was off and I could never tell which song it was until about halfway through. Blah. Then like these bald head fuckers would stand up and applaud each song at the beginning like it was a national treasure. Ugh. Don't get me wrong or anything, I love Bob Dylan, just think perhaps his live show was lacking shall we say..youthful exuberence?

Merle Haggard opened, he was better, much better.

New shows? Garbage is coming tp town in a week or so, I may go...other than that. Nope

the been
03-19-2005, 01:38 AM
nine inch nails in new york AND chicago, bitches! yeeeeeeeeeah.

HellofaSandwich
03-19-2005, 04:49 AM
Hot Hot Heat/The Futureheads
DFA1979
The Weakerthans/The Constantines
Trail of Dead/The (Int'l) Noise Conspiracy

Those are just a few off the top of my head... I know there's more...

laserx54
03-19-2005, 11:43 AM
March 19: H2O

April 2: Aesop Rock

xavito
03-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Money Mark - April 26th

yeahwho
03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Hot Hot Heat/The Futureheads
DFA1979
The Weakerthans/The Constantines
Trail of Dead/The (Int'l) Noise Conspiracy

Those are just a few off the top of my head... I know there's more...

That is a great list. (y) Now you've got me looking again at more shows!

like2_drink
03-19-2005, 01:22 PM
i could have gone to an alexisonfire concert the other day but i didnt (n) im sort of kicking myself for it

BOBBY DIGITAL
03-19-2005, 01:40 PM
The Mars Volta in May

I too. I checked out their website and the Philly show sold out quick as fuck, but a friend bought me a ticket for my b-day. Good shit. (y)

FloorK
03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
- U2
- Coldplay
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D YAAAAAY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HEIRESS
03-19-2005, 02:59 PM
and possibly The Decemberists on May 21st (haven't found anybody to go with yet)

If I lived a couple provinces closer to you, I'd totally attend with yah

decemberists (y)

bussolai
03-20-2005, 06:56 AM
you're seeing interpol :mad: :cool: :cool: :cool: :p

b-grrrlie
03-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Shit I nearly missed the Saints last night!

I was too busy reading this forum and then Six Feet Under was gonna be on the telly. I thought I'll have a cup of coffee and a jamwich when watching it. Then I noticed my ticket on the fridge door! Man did I get in a rush! Had to get the cats indoors, change clothes, put the show on recording and the phone rang just when I was leaving! Missed the train so had to wait 12 minutes for the next. But 50 minutes later I was at the venue, the support band was just finishing their last song!

The Saints were rather good, the gig suffered a little bit when Chris Bailey tried to be funny and they had some technical difficulties as well. Chris had lost a lot of weight since I last saw him, or pics of him (he played solo once at Hultsfred festival, my friend and her journalist-friend were drinking tequila with him before the gig and on stage he shouted out to his best Finnish friends :D ). His head has a weird shape as well, he looks like he was hit on the back of the head with a shovel. (sorry I couldn't not notice that!) The guitarist was hidden behind the speaker from where I was standing, but when he came forward I thought that he looked like one of the dudes from Church! Same hair and everything. And it turned out to be him! Marty Wilson-Piper! As cute as in the end of the 80's!
For the last song they played what Chris said is the best song in the world and I have to agree with him on that one, but no-one beats the original: Ike and Tina Turner's River deep mountain high!

SeƱor Stino
03-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Money Mark - April 26th

allright ! I still hope to go to London, just need the necesarry fundings, and must have my work finished by then, but i'm sure it will rock

goofball
03-23-2005, 01:23 AM
flogging molly, April 15

Rosie Cotton
03-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Nothing. :(

There is absolutely nothing coming anywhere near me that I care about. Elvis Costello played here a couple of days ago. I wanted to go but I couldn't.

I suppose if Garbage comes around I'll go to that. They are an excellent live band. And maybe if they play at a small enough venue (*coughcain'sballroomcough*) I can talk to Butch Vig again. Hopefully I'll say something wittier than "my friend has to pee." :rolleyes: