PDA

View Full Version : Uh.. WTF is Timberlake doing, presenting VH1 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame

ASsman
03-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Really, WTF!? I'm about ready to go out and buy a gun.

goofball
03-20-2005, 02:11 PM
ya why not he sucks just as much as jt

Sandinista!
03-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Just goes to show that there is no God (n)

WhoMoi?
03-20-2005, 05:20 PM
I heard that the O'Jays were annoyed that JT was inducting them because they felt there would have been better choices of people who were more familiar with them and their music.

I think I heard this on Conan O'Brien, maybe? I can't remember. I'm not sure how true it was because it was the beginning to a joke. (The punchline being that JT retorts with, "I know all about OJ. He killed his ex-wife and her boyfriend...")

ASsman
03-20-2005, 06:17 PM
VH1 just dropped below MTV, in cock sucking'ness.

Documad
03-20-2005, 07:06 PM
What is the "VH1 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame"? Is it a VH1 award, or is it THE Hall of Fame -- the stupid place in Ohio (because that thing is just a huge ad for Rolling Stone Magazine and thus a COMPLETE JOKE). I think 'nsync inducted Michael Jackson? I thought that was beneath 'nsync at the time, so it's no surprise if Justin is going back again.

WhoMoi?
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
What is the "VH1 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame"? Is it a VH1 award, or is it THE Hall of Fame -- the stupid place in Ohio (because that thing is just a huge ad for Rolling Stone Magazine and thus a COMPLETE JOKE). I think 'nsync inducted Michael Jackson? I thought that was beneath 'nsync at the time, so it's no surprise if Justin is going back again.

I'm pretty sure it is THE Hall of Fame, and VH-1 just broadcasts the induction ceremony.

Documad
03-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Lord, I hate the rock n roll hall of fame! And people who should know better show up just to kiss Rolling Stone Magazine's ass. Except Joni Mitchell who was too cool to attend.

J-Syxx
03-20-2005, 09:51 PM
VH1 just dropped below MTV, in cock sucking'ness.
News Flash: Its the same fucking company, they just don't want you to know that.

ASsman
03-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Hehehe, I don't bother with either. But my dad was watching it, then I went to the VH1 website to read up on a band playing. Saw JT's name, and contemplated suicide.

WhoMoi?
03-20-2005, 10:00 PM
The U2 part was a bit long...and I'm a huge U2 fan, so for me to say that, you know it's gotta be bad. I thought Bruce and Bono were going to start making out at one point. :rolleyes:

Documad
03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
:D

I didn't realize it was actually on TV now! Did you see when Bono inducted Springsteen several years ago? Bono was funny and sweet. I suppose this was payback.

I turned it on just in time to see Bono kiss major corporate ass. I have to go throw up now. I can't believe I used to adore him.

ASsman
03-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Hehehe.

J-Syxx
03-21-2005, 06:20 PM
David, how cool of a name is that?

WhoMoi?
03-21-2005, 07:30 PM
:D

I didn't realize it was actually on TV now! Did you see when Bono inducted Springsteen several years ago? Bono was funny and sweet. I suppose this was payback.

I turned it on just in time to see Bono kiss major corporate ass. I have to go throw up now. I can't believe I used to adore him.

No, I didn't know that Bono inducted Springsteen! I remember him being inducted though, and his really long "thank you" speech. I guess I must have missed Bono's part in all that.
I've been finding myself a bit turned off by Bono lately too. I used to adore him too, in part because he seemed somewhat mysterious; now any obscurity he ever had has been lost. I don't know if he's gotten more egotistical over the years or if he just gets more exposure, but either way, he's a bit too cheesy for me now. Which is sad, because I truly do love U2 (even though their latest album is kind of disappointing) and will be seeing them live for the first time this fall.

Documad
03-21-2005, 08:19 PM
I've been finding myself a bit turned off by Bono lately too. I used to adore him too, in part because he seemed somewhat mysterious; now any obscurity he ever had has been lost. I don't know if he's gotten more egotistical over the years or if he just gets more exposure, but either way, he's a bit too cheesy for me now. Which is sad, because I truly do love U2 (even though their latest album is kind of disappointing) and will be seeing them live for the first time this fall.
You put that really well. I bet you'll really enjoy the concert. They still have it live.

When Bono inducted Springsteen, he did a long, boozy speech that was over the top poetic -- classic Bono. But he was really charming and said some great stuff. What I remember is that he pointed out that Springsteen aged better than most rock stars--like Springsteen never took up golf. Springsteen started by saying that you should always ask an Irishman to induct you. And yes, Springsteen thanked everyone he ever met, including each lawyer.

WhoMoi?
03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
When Bono inducted Springsteen, he did a long, boozy speech that was over the top poetic -- classic Bono. But he was really charming and said some great stuff. What I remember is that he pointed out that Springsteen aged better than most rock stars--like Springsteen never took up golf. Springsteen started by saying that you should always ask an Irishman to induct you. And yes, Springsteen thanked everyone he ever met, including each lawyer.

Springsteen has aged really well! I was just saying that to a friend yesterday. He doesn't seem like a golf type of guy though, no matter what his age. Although, I would have said the same thing about Alice Cooper, and he is way into golf! So you never know. :)

ASsman
03-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Big deal. He's a pop star and there's tons of them in the Hall of Fame. Expect him to be inducted too.
Hmmm, need to find me a noose.

Documad
03-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Springsteen has aged really well! I was just saying that to a friend yesterday. He doesn't seem like a golf type of guy though, no matter what his age. Although, I would have said the same thing about Alice Cooper, and he is way into golf! So you never know. :)
I'm not a Springsteen fan, but my friend is a huge one so I've been to a lot of his concerts. With the last tour, for the Rising, we were about 30 feet from the stage, but behind, and I have to say that man is in great shape. He not only looked fabulous from behind, but he also moved really well for an old guy.