PDA

View Full Version : Siouxsie and the Banshees

DroppinScience
03-20-2005, 07:46 PM
For a group that started out essentially as just Sex Pistols groupies, these girls actually turned out really good! (y)

So far I'm LOVING their cover of "Dear Prudence" and "Hong Kong Garden" is wicked too!

afronaut
03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
There was only one girl in that band, captain genius.

Mido
03-20-2005, 07:57 PM
A friend of mine recently sent me a few of their tracks, i'm liking them quite a bit. I might invest in an album or two.

DroppinScience
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
There was only one girl in that band, captain genius.

What'll you tell me next, that there's just one girl in Blondie?

Oh... nevermind then. ;)

afronaut
03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
*stab*

b-grrrlie
03-21-2005, 03:34 AM
I just love them!
They did some weaker albums in the end which I didn't buy until later when I found them in the sales bin, but Scream, Join hands,Through the looking glass, Peepshow and Hyaena are absolute classics. And Kaledoscope. And Juju.
Christine, Swimming horses, Last beat of my heart, The Staircase mystery, amazing stuff!

Siouxsie and the Banshees belong to my "Top 20 of most times seen live". Just mesmerising! Haven't seen them since '92 tho, they haven't been to these neck of woods when they've gotten together lately.

For a beginner the best bet is to get the geatest hits compilations; Once upon a time and especially Twice upon a time.

ms.peachy
03-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Water was running; children were running
You were running out of time
Under the mountain, a golden fountain
Were you praying at the Lares shrine?

But oh your city lies in dust, my friend

We found you hiding we found you lying
Choking on the dirt and sand
Your former glories and all the stories
Dragged and washed with eager hands

But oh your city lies in dust, my friend

Hot and burning in your nostrils
Pouring down your gaping mouth
Your molten bodies blanket of cinders
Caught in the throes .......

And your city lies in dust

DroppinScience
03-21-2005, 08:48 AM
For a beginner the best bet is to get the geatest hits compilations; Once upon a time and especially Twice upon a time.

Yeah, that's where I began. "The Best of Siouxsie and the Banshees" is what I started with. Has a 2nd disc filled with remixes of their songs. They were also really neat. :)

hitmonlee
03-22-2005, 01:53 AM
dear prudence is the only song (cover) of theirs i know, it was played on a cure special on tv once, because robert smith was a member for a short amount of time (i believe)

did i mention i love robert smith?

oh and basement jaxx - cish cash is a great track.

Matt
03-22-2005, 01:58 AM
oh, what a coincidence. I'm looking up tracks online, and I like what I hear. I think I'll get an album or two when I have some extra money.

ET
03-22-2005, 01:38 PM
PEEEEE-KA-BOOOO