PDA

View Full Version : Weezer - Beverly Hills

Darko
03-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Did anyone hear Weezer's new single? Oh man...what the hell happened? This sounds like a song Fountains of Wayne or The Offspring would do.

ProfJIM
03-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Yup. I'm listening to it now.

Seriously, what the fuck happend to them?here is your link, pirates (http://youaintnopicasso.blogspot.com/2005/03/weezer-beverly-hills-leaked.html)

yeeearrrrrggghh

The Notorious LOL
03-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Seriously, what the fuck happend to them?

what, are they good now? *ba dum ching*

Matt
03-21-2005, 12:30 AM
havent heard it yet, but no matter how bad the single is, I'll still buy the album.

remember, Maladroit's first single was the horribly trite "Keep Fishin'" but the album contained "slob" "dope nose" and "american gigolo", which are really great songs. (y)

EDIT: I'm listening to it now (thanks jim). It's not that bad. I don't like the chorus at all, but it's alright. not as bad as Hash Pipe.

ProfJIM
03-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I really only liked Slob from Maladroit

at least Keep Fishing had a great video.

Sandinista!
03-21-2005, 01:52 AM
You guys are talking as if that new band is somehow distinct from all the other ones :rolleyes:

yeahwho
03-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Had a hunch something like this may happen. Buy an Undertones disc instead. Fuck they need the money more than Weezer. Just a thought.

Vladimir
03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
That sounds like the Offspring after they've overdosed on painkillers. Often the single will be by far the worst song on the album - let's hope that's true in this case.

dave790
03-21-2005, 12:59 PM
havent heard it yet, but no matter how bad the single is, I'll still buy the album.

remember, Maladroit's first single was the horribly trite "Keep Fishin'" but the album contained "slob" "dope nose" and "american gigolo", which are really great songs. (y)

EDIT: I'm listening to it now (thanks jim). It's not that bad. I don't like the chorus at all, but it's alright. not as bad as Hash Pipe.

Side note, does anyone know why Keep Fishin' was the eventual first single? Cos I'm pretty sure it was meant to be Dope Nose for some time before, they went as far as making a video...which was ok, a bit scary with Rivers' beard.

I haven't heard the new tune, but I've liked all their work in the past including Maladroit, so I'm quite hopeful.

Darko
03-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Dope Nose was definetely the first single off of Maldroit. The video was made months before Keep Fishing.

Matt
03-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Dope Nose was definetely the first single off of Maldroit. The video was made months before Keep Fishing.

The DVD shows all the videos in order, and I believe that Keep Fishing was made before Dope Nose. I'm not too sure about that, though, becuase I always skip Keep Fishing.

cj hood
03-21-2005, 07:53 PM
the link doesn't work for me.........whats up?

ProfJIM
03-21-2005, 09:46 PM
"The server is pretty taxed right about now. So if you don't get it or the d/l messes up, keep trying."

Darko
03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
The DVD shows all the videos in order, and I believe that Keep Fishing was made before Dope Nose. I'm not too sure about that, though, becuase I always skip Keep Fishing.

Dope Nose was first, I'm positive. I remember when Keep Fishing first premiered with the Making the Video, it was months after Dope Nose was out.

ProfJIM
03-22-2005, 12:00 AM
here is your link, pirates (http://youaintnopicasso.blogspot.com/2005/03/weezer-beverly-hills-leaked.html)

yeeearrrrrggghh

DroppinScience
03-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Dope Nose was first, I'm positive. I remember when Keep Fishing first premiered with the Making the Video, it was months after Dope Nose was out.

Yes, "Dope Nose" was the first single. 150% positive on that one. Anyways, "Keep Fishin'" was awesome, godammit! :mad:

Deep_Sea_Rain
03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I really enjoyed "Beverly Hills". It's definately a departure from previous Weezer stuff, but you can still tell its them. They're evolving so to say. Great track, May can't come soon enough!

=W=

paulb
03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
the Blue album is where its at... and will only ever be at....

Mr Films
03-22-2005, 02:41 PM
i just heard this trac on the radio and I like it even though it sounds like they're sleep walking through it.

cj hood
03-22-2005, 05:44 PM
still can't get it........which version should i dl anyway?