PDA

View Full Version : More Random Shopping

Sandinista!
03-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Three more CD's today:

First, around 5-ish, I got a CD via UPS; Black Sabbath's 1975 album "Sabotage." It has the goods, but it's an early 90s US edition, so alas, it cuts out the "hidden track" found in the 96 UK Remaster. And I was so anxious about hearing "Blow on a Jug" :(

Then, I bought a new CD pouch. This enabled me to divide my humble CD pile into three sections:

69-79 Are You Experienced? to London Calling.

80-89 "British Steel" to "Paul's Boutique"

90-Now "Violator" to some free CD I got in a Mojo mag.

Then, we went to the Musictrader, where I'm still recognized. I bought two 90s singles (gasp!); and yes, they were both Pet Shop Boys singles available on "Discography."

I got "Where the Streets Have No Name (I can't take my eyes off of you)" and "So Hard" for 3.99 each. Originally, they would've cost me 4.99, but thankfully, they know me already.

Also, I got to see the new Billy Idol CD; I might get it later on, and then I'll buy the upcoming New Order CD: Those will probably be my only entries from 2005 ;)

Matt
03-22-2005, 12:35 AM
do you know the release date of the next New Order CD? I want to put it on pre order and see if they can get it for me on vinyl.

Sandinista!
03-22-2005, 12:37 AM
The fella at the store told me it'd be out on April 26th.

Vinyl, eh? It's fun, I suppose, but it's not as space-efficient as those plastic disks that get zapped by lasers to produce noise.

Matt
03-22-2005, 12:43 AM
eh, I'm a collector. it'd be nice to get something by those guys on vinyl. I've been hunting down joy division and new order vinyl for a while now, and I only found one copy of the Komakino flexi disc (going for fifty bucks! Factory made THOUSANDS of them, and some douche thought he'd get fifty bucks for it!) and a Ceremony b/w In A Lonely Place 7". I didn't get either. (n)

Sandinista!
03-22-2005, 12:47 AM
eBay is bursting with their vinyl stuff; it pisses me off, because I want a freakin' CD version of 87's "True Faith" or "Round & Round" yet they only have it in the old format (n)

Matt
03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
I was going to say "Get (the best of) NewOrder, but those are 94 remixes. :mad:

and It's just occoured to me that I havent heard the original version of Round and Round. Or Blue Monday, and thats just a travesty. (n)

Sandinista!
03-22-2005, 12:53 AM
It's just occoured to me that I havent heard the original version of Round and Round. Or Blue Monday, and thats just a travesty. (n)

I weep for you. I'm familiar with the original Round & Round, and I know two versions of Blue Monday: The original one, and the 88 mix.

Then there's The Beach, Blue Monday 1988 [Single Edit] and Blue Monday 1988 [Dub].

I've yet to hear "Beach Buggy," though.

Matt
03-22-2005, 12:56 AM
I've heard the 88 remix, a 30 second clip of The Beach, and I've heard them do it live on that DVD.

Live, Hooky beat the the holy hell out of his syndrums. they had to have a roadie hold the cables in and hold thing thing up because he broke the stand.

Sandinista!
03-22-2005, 12:59 AM
He's such a sweetie.

As for me, I wish I had "Beach Buggy." Oh well; I got the 1988 CD promo version (w/extended, single and dub mix) for 3 bucks (including s&h), so I won't bitch :D

Matt
03-22-2005, 01:13 AM
see, I don't buy music from e-bay too often, and the local independent music store only had the best of..., Get Ready and Republic. The Big Music Chain store only had Substance 1987. So I can't get my hands on as much New Order as I'd like to.