PDA

View Full Version : What you think about Green Day's American Idiot?

Junker
03-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Did you like the album????
I liked a lot
very political and different than the previous albums.....

mr_krinkle
03-24-2005, 09:31 AM

No.

Junker
03-24-2005, 10:35 AM
No.

Well, maybe i was a little bit wrong. I mean..... its not very political.
But i think its the first time they do something like that.
The truth is that i simply love any kind of people who demonstrate they hate the Jackass Bush.

ProfJIM
03-24-2005, 10:36 AM
American Idiot thread number 4983422

Junker
03-24-2005, 10:53 AM

what is this thread number?

beastiegirl18
03-24-2005, 11:52 AM
hmmm, let me think about it...hmm NO

Junker
03-24-2005, 11:56 AM

Hello neighboor......i've been in Uruguay once!

Lord_Bisto
03-24-2005, 01:31 PM
It Sucks.
You wanna hear politics? Buy some Rage Against The Machine.

paulb
03-24-2005, 01:32 PM
i like it alot... but, WAY too much airplay... im starting to hate all the singles.

Junker
03-24-2005, 02:33 PM
It Sucks.

Man you can compare RATM with Green Day. Rage Against was always a political band. That one of the reasons why theyre my second favorite band (first is the Beasties, thats for sure). Theyre politics in all its essence. But Green Day never was that type of band. Im just saying that this album is different from the previous ones. Thats all......and i just like to know what you think about it

And i dont need to buy some Rage Against.....i've already have all their albums and DVD's..... including that live pirate album

So, dont fucked up with the thread!!!!

Junker
03-24-2005, 02:35 PM
i like it alot... but, WAY too much airplay... im starting to hate all the singles.

Hey paul, you talking about the song or the entire album???

By the way, my names its almost like yours: im Paulo.

Sandinista!
03-24-2005, 03:13 PM

Indeed. It's a pretentious, meritless album by a worthless new band that nobody gave a damn about prior to the 1990s.

ASsman
03-24-2005, 04:03 PM
No.

yeahwho
03-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Green Day are American Idiots!

At one time they took chances, now they follow.

ASsman
03-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Green Day are American Idiots!

At one time they took chances, now they follow.
Hehehe. I will quote you on that, not counting this time.

beastiegirl18
03-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Hello neighboor......i've been in Uruguay once!
Hey, really? cool, i have been in Brazil once but not where you live, i visited Florianopolis and Torres. Those were very cool places. I like your country a lot, seriously. Well cya!

ToucanSpam
03-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Well said.

Marjo
03-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I love St-Jimmy, he's my hero! :cool:

SuperZenki
03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I actually liked the album, especially American Idiot. Then again, I probably hate Bush more than anybody else on this board (perhaps on the entire Earth), so it was really the lyrics to tha cover that I liked,

I also like the rest of the album, but not alot. I've liked Green Day's sound of the CDs I've heard, but they've never been anything special.

ASsman
03-24-2005, 06:09 PM
I actually liked the album, especially American Idiot. Then again, I probably hate Bush more than anybody else on this board (perhaps on the entire Earth), so it was really the lyrics to tha cover that I liked,

Yah, you would lose that bet. I can assure you of it.

SuperZenki
03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Yah, you would lose that bet. I can assure you of it.
If you're talking about yourself, I'll be happy to start the debate. If you're talking about someone else, then tell me their name.

ASsman
03-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Gen. Politics. Where the grown-ups talk. Feel free to drop by.

enree erzweglle
03-24-2005, 07:59 PM
It Sucks.

Yesterday, this guy who is in my class was driving behind me into the parking lot on campus. I had Rage playing and my driver's side door opened as I fixed my car into the parking space. In between labs, he came up to me and says, "a peace sign bumper sticker [on my car] while you play Rage Against the Machine?" and then walked away. WTF.

ASsman
03-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeh, cause RATM is all about .... illegal wars?

enree erzweglle
03-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Yeh, cause RATM is all about .... illegal wars?
I don't know. I thought about going up to him afterwards to ask if he ever listened to Rage lyrics or if he just heard the sound of them, but I wasn't interested in spending time on the guy.

ASsman
03-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Sarcasm....

enree erzweglle
03-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Sarcasm....

I know.

JBernas
03-25-2005, 09:18 AM
I think it's better than their other albums, but they still get on my nerves......I can't stand the 'wanna-be punk' bands.....they're pop, but try to dress like punks

Mr.Right
03-25-2005, 09:21 AM
When I was about 10 or 11 I thought they were cool, but now, well...

Tompz
03-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Fuck you. That's a good album. I gotta say.

ASsman
03-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I try not to...

Think about Green Day that is.

SuperZenki
03-25-2005, 12:09 PM
I think it's better than their other albums, but they still get on my nerves......I can't stand the 'wanna-be punk' bands.....they're pop, but try to dress like punks
Technically they are punk, and I can deal with them being called pop, but just get over it already, people. They're not insulting true punk bands like The Ramones, or The Sex Pistols. Maybe you think it's an insult to punk, but I don't think it is. Then again, I'm not really a huge fan of punk (or at least true punk like The Ramones), so I guess it just comes down to opinion.

ASsman
03-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Uh, you lost me.

ET
03-25-2005, 10:11 PM
I've been meaning to hear the new one. All I've been listening to lately is the new Doves, M.I.A., new Qotsa, new Beck, old Drexciya, that mix I did...

The list goes on and on. So basically they're at the bottom.

RT400z
03-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Technically they are punk, and I can deal with them being called pop, but just get over it already, people. They're not insulting true punk bands like The Ramones, or The Sex Pistols. Maybe you think it's an insult to punk, but I don't think it is. Then again, I'm not really a huge fan of punk (or at least true punk like The Ramones), so I guess it just comes down to opinion.

Sorry, none of the bands above are punk. Just letting you know. :D

I don't like Greenday and I still don't get why I keep hearing people say that their sound has changed. It sounds like all of their other music to me, personally. I do like that they are being political because it may help the masses somewhat open their eyes.

Rosie Cotton
03-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Do we really need another Green Day thread? I say "no".

ASsman
03-26-2005, 08:32 AM
It really reflects poorely on the boards.

Junker
03-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Do we really need another Green Day thread? I say "no".

Well, since this is a non-beastie boys FREE general discussion about other music, i think the term "need" is too stupid. You are FREE to dont reply, ok??
Peace!!!

Junker
03-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I forgot to mention before. But reading this and other threads i realized Assman is the king of Sarcasm!!!!

intergalactic
03-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Do I like American Idiot or anything by Green day- thats a negative Jim

they suck big fat royal A

Mr.Right
03-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Aren't the Sex Pistols actually a casted band? Talking bout "true"...;)

SuperZenki
03-26-2005, 04:38 PM

I don't like Greenday and I still don't get why I keep hearing people say that their sound has changed. It sounds like all of their other music to me, personally. I do like that they are being political because it may help the masses somewhat open their eyes.
If you're talking about Green Day, Good Charlotte, ect., then I don't know or care what genre they are. That goes for all type of music for me. If I like the music, I'll listen to more.

RT400z
03-26-2005, 04:47 PM
No, I was talking about Green Day, The Sex Pistols and The Ramones.

SuperZenki
03-26-2005, 08:19 PM
No, I was talking about Green Day, The Sex Pistols and The Ramones.
You, my friend, are a moron. Green Day, I can understand, and like I said, I don't care how people see it. The Sex Pistols, I can't really agree with you, but I can't so no either. I haven't heard their music, I just heard they were a classic punk band. The Ramones on the other hand...honestly, how many songs have you heard from them?

Rosie Cotton
03-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Well, since this is a non-beastie boys FREE general discussion about other music, i think the term "need" is too stupid. You are FREE to dont reply, ok??
Peace!!!
I am also free to voice my complaints about the ten millionth thread about American Idiot.

Marjo
03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sick of people saying "This band suck" or "this is the best band ever".
Music tastes are everybody's opinion!
Come on...

ProfJIM
03-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I am also free to voice my complaints about the ten millionth thread about American Idiot.

Yeah, we DO have a search feature on this board. You should look into it.

DroppinScience
03-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm sick of people saying "This band suck" or "this is the best band ever".
Music tastes are everybody's opinion!
Come on...

Without somebody loudly professing how much they love or hate a band, what this forum be? :eek:

SuperZenki
03-27-2005, 04:14 PM
I think what he's saying is that he doesn't want people to act as if the band is good or bad as a fact, when it only comes down to opinion. He'd rather have stuff like 'I like this band', or 'I don't like this band', ect. Sure, the forum is less interesting, but then everyone's happy. Right?

ProfJIM
03-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that it was he's saying. And i got it

and i got it.

Shut up.

Marjo
03-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Without somebody loudly professing how much they love or hate a band, what this forum be? :eek:

I dont have any problem with people saying how they love or hate a band...just saying as a fact how a band or another sucks.

But that's also an opinion... ;)

aenema
03-27-2005, 04:38 PM
I think what he's saying is that he doesn't want people to act as if the band is good or bad as a fact, when it only comes down to opinion. He'd rather have stuff like 'I like this band', or 'I don't like this band', ect. Sure, the forum is less interesting, but then everyone's happy. Right?
Yeah, but there'd be a right bland feel to the posts. So long as you appreciate all this as part of the I.N.T.E.R.N.E.T. and posts of someone you'll never meet and shit like that, who cares if some wankbag gets all rilled up over a post that they're in disagreement with?

'I don't like this band' or 'I like this band' could make people happy, but those who get gazzooked over someone starting a debate really need to re-assess (sp) the reason as to why they are posting on a public message board.

By the way I'm agreeing with you. Before you start looking for something snappy.

Ontopic:Search > see my opinion on multiple threads (y)

ASsman
03-27-2005, 11:02 PM
God, this spiraling craphole of a thread. Always ends up in "opinions", and this and that.

Fools. Obviously they are opinions, but atleast bother to support them. Christ, there wouldn't BE bad music if everyone was right. And I think, thanks to MTV, that we can see bad music on a daily basis. Poorely made, just crap, etc.

yeahwho
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
I like that book Green Eggs and Ham a trillion billion more times than Greed Day.

SuperZenki
03-27-2005, 11:49 PM
God, this spiraling craphole of a thread. Always ends up in "opinions", and this and that.

Fools. Obviously they are opinions, but atleast bother to support them. Christ, there wouldn't BE bad music if everyone was right. And I think, thanks to MTV, that we can see bad music on a daily basis. Poorely made, just crap, etc.
That's easier said than done. I mean, if the lyrics in the song don't make sense or the singing's off pitch, I can understand where you wouldn't like a band. But what other reasons do you have of liking the band if the music sounds good to you. Seriously, I've never heard a person say 'I like so and so band because they always hit the right notes in the song', they're just say they like the band.

Rosie Cotton
03-28-2005, 12:14 AM
That's easier said than done. I mean, if the lyrics in the song don't make sense or the singing's off pitch, I can understand where you wouldn't like a band. But what other reasons do you have of liking the band if the music sounds good to you. Seriously, I've never heard a person say 'I like so and so band because they always hit the right notes in the song', they're just say they like the band.
None of this makes any sense. It is possible to think that a band can play their instruments well or write good songs and still hate them. There is more to liking a band than "hey that was a cool guitar solo."

Junker
03-28-2005, 05:36 AM

But the best way to do this is not replying to it, ok????

Rosie Cotton
03-28-2005, 06:01 AM
But the best way to do this is not replying to it, ok????
Wait, let me get this straight:

the best way to complain is to not complain?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Junker
03-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Wait, let me get this straight:

the best way to complain is to not complain?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

yes......when you reply you are collaborating with the thread.
If you had just gave your opinion if you liked or not the album everything would be fine.
But you said if we really need another post about green day. Thats why i said you to not reply to it. I dont remember putting in the title of the thread "do we need another post about green day???" i think people have to reply what is asked in the thread title.

Rosie Cotton
03-28-2005, 06:25 AM
:rolleyes:

You know, I'm not the only one who has complained about the number of these threads. So why am I the one singled out for it?

Junker
03-28-2005, 06:57 AM
:rolleyes:

You know, I'm not the only one who has complained about the number of these threads. So why am I the one singled out for it?

I dont know all the peolpe who complained about these threads. What im saying is that the thread asked something and you didnt reply according to it. In this thread specificaly youre the only one who said we dont need another thread like this one. The other people said their opinion about the band or the album. They simply said if they liked or not. Attacking the thread you attack me indirectly (or directly, i dont know. But i really dont think that was your intention) instead attacking the band you dont like.

RT400z
03-28-2005, 08:13 PM
You, my friend, are a moron. Green Day, I can understand, and like I said, I don't care how people see it. The Sex Pistols, I can't really agree with you, but I can't so no either. I haven't heard their music, I just heard they were a classic punk band. The Ramones on the other hand...honestly, how many songs have you heard from them?

I'm not a moron. Different decades, same crappy ass music. The Sex Pistols are pop and The Ramones are rock n roll. You obviously haven't listened to their music too closely to see the differences.

SuperZenki
03-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm not a moron. Different decades, same crappy ass music. The Sex Pistols are pop and The Ramones are rock n roll. You obviously haven't listened to their music too closely to see the differences.
For all punk fans... (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=679095&postcount=1)

I guess DS hasn't noticed the differences either.

DroppinScience
03-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Sex Pistols pop? Ramones rock and roll?

What the hell is this? First off, the Pistols, whether you like it or not, are seen as the quintessential punk band (they're not the best punk band, but they certainly are among the most iconic).

Ramones inject a LOT of elements of '50s and '60s pop into their music. They're a lot like a deranged Beach Boys with leather jackets, buzzsaw guitars and a lot of sniffing glue.

This is the one and only time I will ever side with SuperZenki. Thanks a lot, RT. :p

Rosie Cotton
03-29-2005, 01:29 AM
I dont know all the peolpe who complained about these threads.
Then perhaps you should try reading the rest of the responses.

and to answer the question, I don't hate Green Day, they're just hella overplayed.

RT400z
03-29-2005, 02:32 AM
Sex Pistols pop? Ramones rock and roll?

What the hell is this? First off, the Pistols, whether you like it or not, are seen as the quintessential punk band (they're not the best punk band, but they certainly are among the most iconic).

Ramones inject a LOT of elements of '50s and '60s pop into their music. They're a lot like a deranged Beach Boys with leather jackets, buzzsaw guitars and a lot of sniffing glue.

This is the one and only time I will ever side with SuperZenki. Thanks a lot, RT. :p

I think it's only accurate to call a POPular band pop. The Sex Pistols even have those famously poppy, catchy lyrics. It doesn't sound like you even think The Ramones are punk either. I mean no one has to agree with me, but I really wouldn't consider either band punk. There is a lot of people that would agree with me on this out there.

Junker
03-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Then perhaps you should try reading the rest of the responses.

and to answer the question, I don't hate Green Day, they're just hella overplayed.

So quote me another person who complain about the thread

Matt
03-29-2005, 08:00 AM
I like green day, but this thread sucks horribly.

Junker
03-29-2005, 08:35 AM

Well....i helped you Rosie Cotton, I've already found another Moron. Matt Butt-Head.

If this thread sucks why you insist in reply on it???

Matt
03-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Well....i helped you Rosie Cotton, I've already found another Moron. Matt Butt-Head.

:D

Junker
03-29-2005, 08:48 AM

Is that really you on your avatar Matt???

Junker
03-29-2005, 08:53 AM

HAHAHAHA.....you put my words on your signature (y) Cool!!!!!

lionelcrush
04-01-2005, 04:40 PM
i gave up on green day a loooooong time ago.. i was listning to them before there 2nd album even came out .. but they r to be respected for alotta their tracks but there definetly aint consistant enough

Sandinista!
04-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Green Day? Like I've said all along: Lousy new hogwash.

I liked it when Tiffany and The Clash were separate entities.

ASsman
04-02-2005, 05:19 PM
So quote me another person who complain about the thread
This thread blows.

Vladimir
04-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I think it's a little too trendy now to shit on Green Day. I mean, no one actually thinks its real punk, or that it is complex musically, or that the band's members have a whole lot of talent, but I don't think any of that negates the quality of the songwriting. Simple and straightforward, but still effective. I mean this is not Good Charlotte, this is not New Found Glory, this is not Blink-182, this is not Simple Plan. People forget that while Green Day is essentially derivative, all of the similar bands out today are derivative of Green Day, not vice-versa.

DroppinScience
04-02-2005, 11:01 PM

My feelings precisely...

Rosie Cotton
04-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh look, three people aside from me have said that this thread sucks on this page alone. :rolleyes:

NY-Lady
04-03-2005, 04:10 AM
American Idiot is a good album but it has nothing on Nimrod, Insomniac, 1039/SOSH, kerplunk. Its comes second last on my list just before shenanigans and warning.

NY-Lady
04-03-2005, 04:14 AM

You obviously dont know what punk music is. And that person is right, The Ramones and Sex Pistols ARE punk not pop or rock n' roll. I suggest you learn a thing or two about music genres.

Junker
04-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Oh look, three people aside from me have said that this thread sucks on this page alone. :rolleyes:

but they post before my reply. So, it doesnt count