PDA

View Full Version : Mike from Dust Brothers producing new Tom Green hip hop album

ncee
03-24-2005, 01:52 PM
I dont know if anyone knew this... anyway ive heard some and the shits actually not bad... if anyones interested hit up TomGreen.com

Brother McDuff
03-24-2005, 02:04 PM
He loves working with comedic acts. He did the Tenacious D CD too, and the Beasties are funny guys too that he's worked with (although they're obviously a little more advanced than Tom Green and Tenacious D).

By the way, I read in a few places that a while back Mike Simpson of the Dust Brothers made a record with Automator and Prince Paul called the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Anyone know whatever happened to that? The interview I read with Automator said that they had already recorded a bunch of tracks, therefore they've got to be out there somewhere. And this was like six years ago too. The world's just probly not ready for it yet.....................yeah, that must be it.

MC Moot
03-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I dont know if anyone knew this... anyway ive heard some and the shits actually not bad... if anyones interested hit up TomGreen.com

Organized Rhyme rises from the ashes?!!

"Check the O.R,you like it so far?" (y)

ncee
03-24-2005, 02:33 PM
and tom is a big beastie fan too.. he said his fav album of all time was pauls boutique.. prob cuz hes working with mike simpson, but i dont know.

Wanderer
03-25-2005, 09:01 PM
By the way, I read in a few places that a while back Mike Simpson of the Dust Brothers made a record with Automator and Prince Paul called the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Anyone know whatever happened to that? The interview I read with Automator said that they had already recorded a bunch of tracks, therefore they've got to be out there somewhere. And this was like six years ago too. The world's just probly not ready for it yet.....................yeah, that must be it.

In an interview with Prince Paul he basically stated the project is dead. The music was done and it was left to Mike Simpson to shop the record to various record companies, which never happened. They did produce one song as "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" on one of the Eels records. The closest thing your going to get to a collaboaration is the Sponge Bob soundtrack, where Prince Paul and Mike Simpson have back to back tracks.

Speaking of Mike Simpson, its amazing that producers as skilled as the Dust Brothers get so little work. I realize there is the new beck record, and the Ten. D stuff, but after Fight Club they really did not output much at all.

beastiedan
03-25-2005, 11:09 PM
on a side note:

check out dustbrothers.com

its... pretty bugged out.

minorthreat
03-28-2005, 01:14 PM
a tom green hip hop album? oh my god...

HellofaSandwich
03-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Organized Rhyme rises from the ashes?!!

"Check the O.R,you like it so far?" (y)

Haha, Organized Rhyme was such a guilty pleasure. I had no idea that Tom Green was in it until I saw a music video on MuchMusic about 5 years ago.

"I lay more chicks than mother goose!
Check the O.J. 'cuz I got JUICE!"