PDA

View Full Version : New CDs

Sandinista!
03-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Why yes, I did get a CD laden with new artists.

Am I going to listen to it?

Fuck no.

It came in Uncut, one of those snooty English import magazines. Naturally, Queen was on the cover, and that appealed to me. So I picked it up and stuck to it was a CD that boldly declared "NEW MUSIC FOR 2005." My first instinct was to cast it aside and pray towards Mecca to cleanse myself from that smut. But I didn't. I ignored it and turned the pages and saw something on Joy Division.

A meager Joy Division article will easily beat any new music. So I bought the mag and kept the CD.

I filed it away, but for the sake of fairness, I plopped it into the CD player. And guess what? Dogshit! A bunch of pansies on acoustics and soft pianos, with some pseudo-New Wave shit. I took it out of the CD player, put it in the CD pouch and washed my hands.

If I ever needed to confirm that new acts are worthless, bumbling apes, this CD confirmed it. I swear, you'd think these mags would give me something OTHER than random new shit/Sound-alike blues junk. Geez.

Later, I bought the new Billy Idol release. The guy's voice is changing; I saw him in '02, and his voice has lost it's idiosynchratic edge. And alas, Steve Stevens and the rest of the backing band has adopted the tired sound of the post-grunge new bands. Sad stuff. Oh well; halfway through the disk, he cleans up his act and starts regaining the raspyness in his voice. Overall, a mixed bag. It's no "Rebel Yell," but it beats today's new morons.

Vladimir
03-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Not that I think I'm going to change your opinions one bit, but if you are ever interested in listening to "New Music" again, don't use the CD's that come in music magazines as a standard. In my experience the music that comes with music magazines is basically monotonous, pretentiously indie crap with no soul whatsoever. Whiny music. Editors of music magazines have apparently "sophisticated" taste in music which basically means listening to overly effeminite men sing about nothing. I figure different strokes for different folks, but if you actually want "new music" that can be considered representative of the treasure trove of musical offerings in the category of "new music," just ask, and I'm sure everyone on the boards would love to find out what's wrong our musical taste. Now I'm ready to get besieged by angry people as I find out that a lot of people like that whiny crap.

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Sandinista!, if it was so awful, why oh why did you put it in your CD pouch? And why did you listen to it in the first place? Me thinks someone is coming around. :D

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Sandinista!, if it was so awful, why oh why did you put it in your CD pouch? And why did you listen to it in the first place? Me thinks someone is coming around. :D

I put it in as a joke, obviously. Why else would I also put "The Roots of Led Zeppelin" and "Rock! Rock! Rock!" (both filled with lame blues crap) in the same case? The point is to have The Cure's 2004 release, followed by three helpings of crap, immediately followed by Idol.

Seriously, this trash is beyond awful. Fucking new bands :mad: !

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Can you give us a track listing?

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Sure, although I'd say these cunts are so new that even you may be puzzled:

1. Jeffrey Foucalt- Cross of Flowers
2. Blood Meridian- Oh, oh, oh
3. Josh Rouse- My Love Has Gone
4. Bright Eyes with Emmylou Harris- We are nowhere and it's now
5. LCD Soundsystem- Too Much Love [Alternative Version]
6. The House Of Love- Days Run Away
7. The Chris Stamey Experience- Venus
8. Neko Case- Loretta
9. Mark Mulcahy- Cookie Jar
10. Mercury Rev- Secret for a Song
11. The Magnetic Fields- Born on a train
12. Todd Snider- Play a train song (Trains Will be Big in 05, it seems :rolleyes: ... unoriginal tarts)
13. Lewis Taylor- Yeah
14. Kelly Joe Phelps- Not so far to go
15. M83- Teen Angst

Shit (n)

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 01:48 AM
4. Bright Eyes with Emmylou Harris- We are nowhere and it's now
5. LCD Soundsystem- Too Much Love [Alternative Version]
8. Neko Case- Loretta
11. The Magnetic Fields- Born on a train
15. M83- Teen Angst

How DARE you slam Bright Eyes and LCD Soundsystem! :mad:

P.S. - Emmylou Harris is well before 1989. ;)

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
How DARE you slam Bright Eyes and LCD Soundsystem! :mad:

P.S. - Emmylou Harris is well before 1989. ;)

Trash, trash, trash, trash, trash.

That was a collaboration. Lots of artists do that, and on this track, the main guy is some young twat. By using that "one-of-em-is-pre-89-so-you-must-love-the-entire-compound" logic, I should be a Dusty Springfield fan :rolleyes:

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Trash, trash, trash, trash, trash.

That was a collaboration. Lots of artists do that, and on this track, the main guy is some young twat. By using that "one-of-em-is-pre-89-so-you-must-love-the-entire-compound" logic, I should be a Dusty Springfield fan :rolleyes:

Whatever, kid.

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Whatever, kid.

The new music is obviously getting to you. Too bad I can't sell it somehow.

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 02:08 AM
I still think that you are starting to see the light and you refuse to acknowledge. Don't be afraid. Come to the new side.

HellofaSandwich
03-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Ehh, he's probably heard new music all the time that he's enjoyed, bobbed his head to, hummed along with, but then once he finds out that what he's hearing was recorded post-Berin Wall, he pretends it didn't happen. (n)

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Ehh, he's probably heard new music all the time that he's enjoyed, bobbed his head to, hummed along with, but then once he finds out that what he's hearing was recorded post-Berin Wall, he pretends it didn't happen. (n)

I'm sure he's got a whole stack of songs he secretly loves. I'll bet his CD jacket thing is chock full of Franz Ferdinand. :p

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Fuck you and your slander.

The only new thing that mildly interests me is... hmm... I don't know. I can't think of a new band that doesn't make me say "I've heard this already, godamnit!" or "This exhudes new-ness!" after 6 seconds.

It's always the same; they're jumping someone else's train (n)

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I think he actually has! :eek:

I'll have to look, but I think Droppin mentioned that once.

HellofaSandwich
Edit: Oh fuck, nevermind. Rosie beat me to it.

ProfJIM
God, you're such a dick.

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 02:23 AM
You chaps talk as if I've never given new trash a try. I have, from Nirvana to other new shit, and every time, I can only stand 5 seconds, and by second 6, it starts to:

A) hurt my ears
B) Remind me of another tune; a better, old tune.

New bands: A blight upon the world.

HellofaSandwich
03-25-2005, 02:25 AM
I wish you stopped breathing after 1989.

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 02:27 AM
I wish you stopped breathing after 1989.

The feeling is mutual, Sandmeister.

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 02:29 AM
I wish you stopped breathing after 1989.Oh, but he was just a baby then! :(

I haven't found it yet. I got disconnected so as I was logging on I went to get a bottle of water and now I am too bust digging a chunk of a broken ceramic dish out of my foot. Ouchies. :(

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 02:33 AM
I think he actually has! :eek:

I'll have to look, but I think Droppin mentioned that once.

As far as I remember, I asked SpanishBomb if he ever caught himself bobbing his head to a post-89 song and had no clue that it came out after '89.

He answered that it happens from time to time (basically that it's inevitable). If he later learns that the song he dug is post-89, he'll stop himself from enjoying it.

You heard it here first. :p

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 02:35 AM
As far as I remember, I asked SpanishBomb if he ever caught himself bobbing his head to a post-89 song and had no clue that it came out after '89.

He answered that it happens from time to time (basically that it's inevitable). If he later learns that the song he dug is post-89, he'll stop himself from enjoying it.

You heard it here first. :p
Hahaha

*chokes on gummy worms*

*dies*

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Hence why I avoid listening to the radio: Some new duck-fellating dweebs will pop up right after, say, Tears for Fears, and given that all of these banal bastards can't seem to do anything but rip-off the past, I won't be able to distinguish the release date until the song has gone on for a couple of seconds.

Then, I turn the dial elsewhere.

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 03:04 AM
Hence why I avoid listening to the radio: Some new duck-fellating dweebs will pop up right after, say, Tears for Fears, and given that all of these banal bastards can't seem to do anything but rip-off the past, I won't be able to distinguish the release date until the song has gone on for a couple of seconds.

So you avoid listening to the radio out of the fear that you'll catch yourself liking something post-89?

Reason # 5443765 why your opinions are trite.

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 03:08 AM
So you avoid listening to the radio out of the fear that you'll catch yourself liking something post-89?

That, and there's too much rap hogwash, crap in Spanish and other inane fluff floating in the airwaves. That, and frankly, I always carry my mp3 player. Why have new garbage shoved down my throat when I can have the cream of the crop in my pocket?

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 03:09 AM

DUCK-fellating?!

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 03:11 AM
DUCK-fellating?!

Roosters are passé.

Rosie Cotton
03-25-2005, 03:26 AM
Come on man, that's the kind of thing Haydon and McMac would say.

Sandinista!
03-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Come on man, that's the kind of thing Haydon and McMac would say.

That would require a thesaurus :rolleyes:

DroppinScience
03-25-2005, 03:29 AM
Sure, although I'd say these cunts are so new that even you may be puzzled:

You underestimate us completely. I've heard of most of those artists.

We are music snobs afterall...

Los Para Noias
03-25-2005, 08:26 AM
You chaps talk as if I've never given new trash a try. I have, from Nirvana to other new shit, and every time, I can only stand 5 seconds, and by second 6, it starts to:

A) hurt my ears
B) Remind me of another tune; a better, old tune.

New bands: A blight upon the world.

I forgot when Nirvana qualified for defining everything post 1989. You are stupid, but it doesn't really matter what you think, what does matter is you don't need to make 30 threads to reiterate this point.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 12:23 AM
I forgot when Nirvana qualified for defining everything post 1989. You are stupid, but it doesn't really matter what you think, what does matter is you don't need to make 30 threads to reiterate this point.

Nirvana is the quintessential anti-80s band, what with its grungyness, lack of synths, whiny nature and douchebag singer.

As for the rest of your post, I have something you don't: Consistency.

Now, go listen to your brain-rotting new garbage.

Matt
03-26-2005, 02:48 AM
can we quit arguing and get back to talking about music purchases?

Yesterday I got The Who's Face Dances on vinyl. It came with a HUGE poster of the cover. I also got New Order's Technique on cassette (I can't find it on CD), and I really like the original version of Round And Round. I also put "Waiting For The Siren's Call" on preorder. (y)

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 02:51 AM
I also got New Order's Technique on cassette (I can't find it on CD), and I really like the original version of Round And Round.

Cassette? Why not CD or vinyl?

And anyhoo, how does Round and Round 94 differ? Which is more enjoyable?

Matt
03-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Cassette? Why not CD or vinyl?

And anyhoo, how does Round and Round 94 differ? Which is more enjoyable?

as I stated, I couldn't find it on CD ir vinyl. :p Plus, it was the only New Order cassette, and it was $1.99. Used with a broken case, and since they love me there, it was free. Then they directed me to a store two towns over, and supposedly, they have a ton of New Order there. (y)

I think I perfer the 94 remix, but the original may grow on me yet.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 03:04 AM
I should get (Best of) New Order just for the remixes, then :p

Seriously, though, I'm thinking of getting (Rest of) New Order... for the remixes ;)

Matt
03-26-2005, 03:12 AM
I heard (the rest of) was complete shit. but the same person told me Republic and Power, Corruption and Lies were shit.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 03:15 AM
I heard (the rest of) was complete shit. but the same person told me Republic and Power, Corruption and Lies were shit.

Note to self: BUY (Rest of) New Order ASAP!

Matt
03-26-2005, 03:22 AM
I'd buy it if I could find it. can you believe he said those albums were shit? granted, he only liked their first album and the Ceremony/In a Lonely Place single. he really loved Joy Division, but whole point of another band is to NOT sound like other bands. New Order is a totally different band, and it's one of the reasons I love them and Joy Division equally.

though Joy Division were a *much* better band.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Ironically, those who disdain "Movement" and Ceremony+In a lonely place do it because they resemble Joy Division too much :rolleyes:

And hey, the two bands different entities; I try to think of them as totally separate groups, despite having some of the same elements. That lets me judge them according to their individual worth, as opposed to merely comparing the two.

Matt
03-26-2005, 03:35 AM
even some of their newer stuff resembles Joy Division. for example: "primitive notion" sounds like a later JD song, especially the six-string bass riff. That probably stems from the fact that they WERE Joy Division, though :p

I like all of their albums, even Movement. I love to hear how their sound changed and moved away from the old, while still keeping the same essential parts. It's good stuff (y)

synch
03-26-2005, 05:31 AM
See Sandy? You aren't nearly as annoying when you talk about how much you like the music you listen to instead of blatantly rejecting everything after 1989. I might not throw up reading your posts if you stick to that.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 03:01 PM
So long as we stick to the good side of 1989 barrier, all is well.

Otherwise, I'll get cantankerous regarding new garbage.

Los Para Noias
03-26-2005, 03:13 PM

instead of this, you could just not post when the discussion is about things after 1989. I really have no problem reading your threads about music, there is just no use for you to post if all you're doing is saying "it's post 1989 so it sucks."

And Nirvana still don't represent every album of the past 16 or so years, just like synth pop doesn't represent every album of the 80's... if you want to get really into it to find the roots of Nirvana you're just looking into bands who were from the 80's (obviously better, but not my point).

synch
03-26-2005, 05:48 PM

Well, like you don't care about people that don't agree with you the rest of the planet doesn't care to know about your "it's new hence it sucks" attitude. We all know, let it go. I put you on the same level as that guy who posts bible quotes all the time and states the word of god as fact instead of opinion. It's annoying and it's hardly a discussion.

I'm not sure if you do this as an ultimate form of attention whoring because if it's that it's working. Everyone on here knows exactly who you are and most are extremely annoyed at you. If that was your goal, bravo, mission accomplished. If on the other hand your goal is to have intelligent discussions about music then stick to what you know and love and post about pre '89 music and leave the post '89 threads for what they are. Everyone knows your stance and nobody needs to hear it that one extra time. No really.

I don't believe that you'll stop because of this post but at least I'll have the right to moan and bitch at you when you don't listen to me because I've tried to reason with you despite everything ;)

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Would it appease you if I said "[Lame new band X] is a blatant, untalented copy of [Better band], hence it's garbage"?

That would be both factual and more sensitive to your needs ;)

synch
03-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Well, yes, it would be a start to add some sort of substance to your point of view. It would also be a refreshing change ;)

Los Para Noias
03-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Would it appease you if I said "[Lame new band X] is a blatant, untalented copy of [Better band], hence it's garbage"?

That would be both factual and more sensitive to your needs ;)

Not unless you actually heard the music of the first, and you never have, so it'd be even better if you just shut up when it is a band you don't listen to.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Not unless you actually heard the music of the first, and you never have, so it'd be even better if you just shut up when it is a band you don't listen to.

Because obviously, you expect me to spend my money on some new thieves just so I can listen to their smut before opining on its worthlessness. Nice try, Mr. Trash-Peddler.

synch
03-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Well to know what band is better you'll have to actually hear the music don't you? No guesses allowed, only facts. Proper ones, not "God created heaven and earth in seven days" type facts.

I know man... tough one... but try...

Los Para Noias
03-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Because obviously, you expect me to spend my money on some new thieves just so I can listen to their smut before opining on its worthlessness. Nice try, Mr. Trash-Peddler.

Because obviously, you didn't read my post where I said instead of talking about bands you don't listen to and never have, you can just not post and shut up like most people do.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Proper ones, not "God created heaven and earth in seven days" type facts.

That's not a fact, silly. That's just ballyhoo designed to numb people's ability to think.

As for post-89 music, it's all the same: They're jumping someone else's train.

synch
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm giving you more credit than about 99% of the people on this board by appealing to your common sense. I'll have to join the people that think you don't have any if you continue on your current course. However, I do realise that you won't care about it and will probably continue anyway.

On the off sense that you do care... wow... immagine not provoking projectile vomiting with each and every one of your posts, wouldn't that be just peachy?

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
I'd say it's the grunge,gangsta and assorted rip-off bands that are provoking the vomit.

That, or my hollier-than-thou attitude has appealed to your minds and has led you to conclude that "Holy cow, he's right! [Whatever jerk-off new band(s) you happen to like] is/are a load of shit!"

synch
03-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Nope. It's you.

I really hope for your sake that you'll quit this idiotic attitude. Not your opinion, your attitude.

Sandinista!
03-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Nasser never ceased speaking out against Israel; I'll never relent in my jihad against the new filth that has polluted your eardrums.

Matt
03-27-2005, 02:48 AM
Fuck! Quit fighting, no one is going to change anyones opinion! :mad:

anyway, I checked out the used CD rack today, and guess what I saw: New Order's Technique. $7.99 in great condition.

:mad:

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 02:53 AM
anyway, I checked out the used CD rack today, and guess what I saw: New Order's Technique. $7.99 in great condition.

:mad:

And you didn't buy it... why?

Matt
03-27-2005, 02:59 AM
And you didn't buy it... why?

I was a choice between getting this, or waiting for the new one on monday. I've not got much money, and since I already have the tape, I hid the CD in the used jazz vinyl crate along with a used copy of Republic. I'll pick themup when I have the money.

DroppinScience
03-27-2005, 03:02 AM
I was a choice between getting this, or waiting for the new one on monday. I've not got much money, and since I already have the tape, I hid the CD in the used jazz vinyl crate along with a used copy of Republic. I'll pick themup when I have the money.

Oooh... you hide CDs too? :D

Matt
03-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Oooh... you hide CDs too? :D

yep :D Currently, I've got the two New Order CDs hidden, as well as a copy of Townshend's "Livehouse Chronicles", The Smiths "Meat Is Murder" and a New Order DVD.

They're all still there, after about a month and a half! I guess the demand for used jazz vinyl is at an all time low.

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 03:07 AM
This message is hidden because DroppinScience is on your ignore list.

Well, this is ironic, now isn't it?

Matt
03-27-2005, 03:11 AM
I thought you guys were friends...? :confused:

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 03:15 AM

He partook in the debacle.

Victor Baron
03-27-2005, 03:16 AM
I like new CD's (y)

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 03:21 AM
I like new CD's (y)

I hope you also enjoy IP bans and account deletions, insolent twat.

DroppinScience
03-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Well, this is ironic, now isn't it?

Oh well. No loss.

Victor Baron
03-27-2005, 03:24 AM
I hope you also enjoy IP bans and account deletions, insolent twat.

That wasn't very nice :eek: !

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 03:27 AM
This message is hidden because Victor Baron is on your ignore list.

And now, we merely wait for the inevitable to stamp you out.

Matt
03-27-2005, 03:27 AM
He partook in the debacle.

oh.

that whole thing was really stupid on all accounts. don't drag that shit into a perfectly good New Order discussion.

DroppinScience
03-27-2005, 03:29 AM
oh.

that whole thing was really stupid on all accounts. don't drag that shit into a perfectly good New Order discussion.

Oddly enough, Rosie Cotton isn't on ignore for him. Hmmmmmm... ;)

You may have competition, Matt. :eek:

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 03:30 AM
oh.

The cretins disrupted the conversation with their presence. They'll be taken care of, though.

Anyhoo, what do you think of "Mr. Disco"?

Matt
03-27-2005, 03:33 AM
DS: you're an idiot :p

Sandinista: Mr. Disco...eh. It's not their best. I'm not a big fan of it.

Rosie Cotton
03-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Oddly enough, Rosie Cotton isn't on ignore for him. Hmmmmmm... ;)

You may have competition, Matt. :eek:
What?!! :eek:

*e-makes out with Matt*

Matt
03-27-2005, 03:39 AM
:cool: score.

I mean, what the hell is going on here? This isn't Beastie Free General Discussion!

synch
03-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Fuck! Quit fighting, no one is going to change anyones opinion! :mad:
You've been exposed to some very girly fighting if you considered that fighting talk mate ;)

I officially gave up now though, I'll go back to ironic and sarcastic remarks what his "jihad" is concerned.

Misguided little fool.

(him, not you ;) )

Los Para Noias
03-27-2005, 10:08 AM

oh matt, obviously he doesn't have friends!

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 02:27 PM
oh matt, obviously he doesn't have friends!

Sure, because you're obviously qualified to make judgements and assert them as fact. This is what new music does to a fella's brain :rolleyes:

ProfJIM
03-27-2005, 02:28 PM
This message is hidden because Sandinista! is on your ignore list.

OMFG BBQ LOLZ!!!!!!111

Sandinista!
03-27-2005, 02:29 PM
This message is hidden because ProfJIM is on your ignore

Quack job.

alexandra
03-28-2005, 10:20 AM
i suspect this too. but if we support him he might step out of his nutshell one day.

thegoodmrbrodie!
03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
i think we need some kind of telethon. i wonder if george clooney is free...

Sandinista!
03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
i suspect this too. but if we support him he might step out of his nutshell one day.

I bob my head for no more than 5 seconds; after newness is stablished, scorning is in effect, followed by a remedial dose of Ratt or Kraftwerk.

alexandra
03-29-2005, 10:54 AM
what about meaningful lyrics "after '89"? do you deny them?

Savage Jimmy
03-29-2005, 03:56 PM
hahahaha synths most of the time those are just used to mask the bad musician ship of the bad eighties bands.

i hide stuff i want all the time. right now i got a greenday 7" hiding in the hip-hop vynls and i hid a "regaining unconciousness" 7" by NOFX. i have it now. oh and uh the new song "i'm going to hell for this" is a really good song. just thought no one would care. hahahahahahaha

Sandinista!
03-29-2005, 11:27 PM
what about meaningful lyrics "after '89"? do you deny them?

Any doofus can come up with a set of words that has some mediocre semblance of meaning; post-89 bands just happen to do this is a substandard way and set it to new music.

hahahaha synths most of the time those are just used to mask the bad musician ship of the bad eighties bands.

i hide stuff i want all the time. right now i got a greenday 7" hiding in the hip-hop vynls and i hid a "regaining unconciousness" 7" by NOFX. i have it now. oh and uh the new song "i'm going to hell for this" is a really good song. just thought no one would care. hahahahahahaha

You're like a prelude to those Haydon/McMan clods :rolleyes:

synch
03-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Any doofus can come up with a set of words that has some mediocre semblance of meaning; post-89 bands just happen to do this is a substandard way and set it to new music.
Any doofus can come up with a set of words that has some mediocre semblance of meaning. You just happen to do it in a particularly annoying way.

alexandra
03-30-2005, 04:56 AM
too bad he's so hooked on numbers...

Sandinista!
03-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Any doofus can come up with a set of words that has some mediocre semblance of meaning. You just happen to do it in a particularly annoying way.

Wow, you're certainly on the cutting edge of innovative and effective comebacks :rolleyes:

Matt
03-31-2005, 05:06 AM

...but you listen to Rancid

synch
03-31-2005, 08:21 AM
Wow, you're certainly on the cutting edge of innovative and effective comebacks :rolleyes:
You only seem to listen to yourself so I hoped I could get through to you speaking a language you understood.

Sandinista!
03-31-2005, 10:33 PM
You only seem to listen to yourself so I hoped I could get through to you speaking a language you understood.

Substituting words won't cause me to shell out money for new smut.

synch
04-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Nobody is trying to make you listen to new music, it would more than suffice if you would stop bitching about it.

You are more than welcome to talk about your love for pre-89 music but when you bitch about post-89 music you are the intellectual equivalent of an ignorant sports fan that talks shit about any team but their own.

cosmo105
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM
and i thought i was a bitch when i was pmsing

Sandinista!
04-01-2005, 09:11 PM
and i thought i was a bitch when i was pmsing

Let it Bleed.

Savage Jimmy
04-01-2005, 10:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If u ever actually listened to Rancid u would fucking take that back in a second. u might not like them(which is fine) but only an ignorant jerk who hasnt listened to them would say they have no talent.

Sandinista!
04-01-2005, 10:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If u ever actually listened to Rancid u would fucking take that back in a second. u might not like them(which is fine) but only an ignorant jerk who hasnt listened to them would say they have no talent.

Right, and someone who types in all caps, fails to capitalize and uses "u" is obviously capable of seeing talent :rolleyes:

synch
04-02-2005, 04:39 AM
Arrogant little kids shouldn't be allowed on the net without parental supervision.

Sandinista!
04-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Arrogant little kids shouldn't be allowed on the net without parental supervision.

Only if they're capable of presenting their ideas in a legible and coherent way ;)

Matt
04-03-2005, 03:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, trust me, I've listened to rancid. A friend of mine is a huge rancid fan, so I've listened to more than I've wanted to. and they have zero talent.

aenema
04-03-2005, 04:06 AM
I agree. I've never felt like there was anything to that band, seriously bland.

synch
04-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Only if they're capable of presenting their ideas in a legible and coherent way ;)
Nope, not even then. Sorry.

adam_f
04-03-2005, 05:55 AM
In other news, the new Will Smith CD kicks much ass.

tdot04
04-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Is it even better than the bonafide classic Born To Reign? :rolleyes:

adam_f
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Never said Born to Reign was good, let that be known. It's a helluva lot better than LL's last, I tells ya.

cosmo105
04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Let it Bleed.
My name is MC Menses and my flow be fresh.