PDA

View Full Version : Ian Brown

intergalactic
03-26-2005, 01:51 PM
May well be the best and most innovative British artist of the last decade. Each of his solo albums are truly excellent and he was in the stone roses.

Parkey
03-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Him and Mani played 'I Want To Be Adored' at Brown's Blackpool gig last week.

intergalactic
03-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Him and Mani played 'I Want To Be Adored' at Brown's Blackpool gig last week.

I sooo want to go see him live, which i havn't yet been able to do! He needs to get his ass down to London

intergalactic
03-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Oh, two cool peices of information:

He has a cameo in the next Harry Potter!

He was also arrested at a gig in san francisco, but i couldnt quite work out why

b-grrrlie
03-27-2005, 11:56 AM
May well be the best and most innovative British artist of the last decade....
Who can't keep a tune to save his life.
Live he's been just utter piss.

Sorry to say, I was a huge Stone Roses -fan, but seeing them live was such a dissappointment. People say that their huge outdoor gig (whereever it was now) was like the best thing since sliced bread, but people where so stoned out there they would've danced to Duracel-bunny. Saw him on one of those Late Night -shows just a few days ago and I felt just pity for the guy. He's still as bad.

Parkey
03-27-2005, 03:28 PM

Sorry to say, I was a huge Stone Roses -fan, but seeing them live was such a dissappointment. People say that their huge outdoor gig (whereever it was now) was like the best thing since sliced bread, but people where so stoned out there they would've danced to Duracel-bunny. Saw him on one of those Late Night -shows just a few days ago and I felt just pity for the guy. He's still as bad.
Spike Island I think you're on about...

b-grrrlie
03-29-2005, 04:40 AM
Spike Island I think you're on about...
Yeah that's it.

saz
04-17-2005, 08:31 PM

I saw him about a few months back and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to....his vocals were brill and everyone had a good night out, despite a brutal storm. and yeah that was Spike Island, I have the bootleg and he also sings well on it.

but please feel free to continue talking out of your ass

Freedom Toast
04-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Why does everyone get horny over the Spike Island show? I don't even own any of their records and I've heard about that show. The only Stone Roses material I have is one song...from the Trigger Happy TV soundtrack.

I don't think I've heard so many people nut themselves over one concert for any band.....

I guess EVERYONE was fucked up at that show....or it totally kicked ass.

Parkey
04-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Why does everyone get horny over the Spike Island show? I don't even own any of their records and I've heard about that show. The only Stone Roses material I have is one song...from the Trigger Happy TV soundtrack.

I don't think I've heard so many people nut themselves over one concert for any band.....

I guess EVERYONE was fucked up at that show....or it totally kicked ass.
I think it's one of those generational things where everything came together at that particluar place.