04-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Because Slow and Low = best song on LtI

SuckerMC
04-23-2005, 07:14 PM
RUN DMC REPRESENT!!!

no sleep till brooklyn is best on LTI!!

dave790
04-24-2005, 06:11 AM
Yeah fair play to Run DMC, but it's not as if the Beasties just copied their version, to my knowledge it's the Beasties music and Run DMC's lyrics (aside from a couple of tweeks here and there) so the Beasties deserve credit, also on picking up on that tune, cos it weren't one Run DMC decided to use.

There's 10 tracks that are amazing on that record, in my mind, including Slow and Low.

PaddyBoy
04-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Time to get Ill has always been my fav from LTI.

Laver1969
04-24-2005, 11:31 AM
There's 10 tracks that are amazing on that record, in my mind, including Slow and Low.

The only tracks I skip on LTI are Girls and FFYR. Everything else is gold.

Uhleenuh
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Slow Ride and The New Style for me.

:D

I love Slow Ride.

disgruntledhumn
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
The version of Slow & Low I've got from Run DMC is pretty much the same lyrics aside from a few spots but it's really slow paced and it's a really basic beat. It almost sounds like a promo record to me.

Still a cool piece of history though.

midzi
04-25-2005, 01:26 AM

Funny, I do the same thing.

KevG
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah fair play to Run DMC, but it's not as if the Beasties just copied their version, to my knowledge it's the Beasties music and Run DMC's lyrics (aside from a couple of tweeks here and there) so the Beasties deserve credit, also on picking up on that tune, cos it weren't one Run DMC decided to use.

Umm.. the Beasties don't deserve any credit really. I mean, Run DMC demoed it for King of Rock and didn't think it fit on the album. They gave it to the Beastie Boys and Rick Rubin made the beat. Run DMC had a lot more to do with that first BBoys album than people give credit for.

I have video of Run DMC doing the first verse of "Paul Revere" on MTV. ("Here's a little story..."

Laver1969
05-02-2005, 07:19 AM
agreed, but the ladies still love "girls"!

I just got DishNetwork and they have Sirius satellite radio stations...anyway I love their station that is dedicated to Old Skool Rap.

I've had this dish for about two weeks and have heard Brass Monkey, Hey Ladies and this morning I heard Girls. (y)

IDIOTSVILLE
05-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Time to get Ill has always been my fav from LTI.

brass monkey

Hypestyle
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
I hope DMC puts out his solo LP finally.. and I'm looking forward to Run's solo album.. but it shouldn't have taken Jay's death for these projects to come to be...

BeastieRunner
05-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Funny, I do the same thing.

Same here.

SuckerMC
05-03-2005, 09:57 PM
very very true... girls and FFYR definately skippage... not that they are bad songs, its just that the anticipation for the others is too great

Laver1969
05-04-2005, 09:48 AM
I cant wait to get sirius satelelite!

I'll get it on my vehicle when Howard moves over at the end of the year. (y)

dave790
05-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Umm.. the Beasties don't deserve any credit really. I mean, Run DMC demoed it for King of Rock and didn't think it fit on the album. They gave it to the Beastie Boys and Rick Rubin made the beat. Run DMC had a lot more to do with that first BBoys album than people give credit for.

I have video of Run DMC doing the first verse of "Paul Revere" on MTV. ("Here's a little story..."

Fair points.

However without the Beasties that song wouldn't have seen the light of day, so they automatically get credit. It's not as if Run DMC said 'hey guys we'll help you out, take this track...' Yauch liked the song and asked if they could do a cover once he found out they were leaving it off the record they were doing at the time.

To me this shows he spotted potential and with Rubin and the boys put out a quality hip hop track.

steve-onpoint
05-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Because Slow and Low = best song on LtI

slow and low is cool... but hold it now is some phunky.

SuckerMC
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah hold it now is crazy... thats some old school funk right there in that track!

KevG
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
I hope DMC puts out his solo LP finally.. and I'm looking forward to Run's solo album.. but it shouldn't have taken Jay's death for these projects to come to be...

It is coming out next month.

SuckerMC
05-06-2005, 02:06 AM
no offence to darryl mc daniels, but run is sooo much better than DMC

3pakbonanza
05-06-2005, 09:32 AM

If I remember correctly I read that Adrock was in the studio when RDMC was recording it. And afterwards Adrock stole the lyric sheet. Once they learned RDMC wasn't using the track they recorded it themselves.

Cristin
05-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I personally enjoy Posse in Effect.

P.T.B.A.I.
05-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Shouldn't we be thanking Run DMC for influencing the Beastie Boys to rap in the first place? :D Wooo!