PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest Beasties Lyric You Have Been Caught Saying

rlwelch
04-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, what is yours?

Mine was from 3 MCs and 1 DJ. My mom caught me listening to it when I belted out "WE BE GETTIN' STUPID IN YOUR AREA!!". I laughed so hard after.

pip07
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
"I don't buy cheeba, I grow it" as my mom walked by my room that I had been in for about 4 hours.

True story.

Uhleenuh
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
"I don't buy cheeba, I grow it" as my mom walked by my room that I had been in for about 4 hours.

True story.

What'd she do/say?
My parents would definitely get all crazy and paranoid.

SuckerMC
04-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Haha, good thread... i went through a stage where whenever something strange happened, i just raised my eyebrows and simply said, "yo what the schnitzel??" :)

zorra_chiflada
04-24-2005, 09:48 PM
"hey there, geoooorrrrrrgiiiiieee girrrrrrrrrl, you got yr shit togetha-georrrrgiiiie grrrrrrlll."

dancin2beasties
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
a week or two ago my parents were out and i was taking the opportunity to listen to my ipod and sing at the top of my lungs, but they came home and my mom came downstairs just in time to hear my lovely rendition of "stop that train". she was standing outside my door and i only noticed her when she started laughing when i sang "prostitutes spandex caught in the sliding door".

alexandra
04-25-2005, 05:19 AM
"hey there, geoooorrrrrrgiiiiieee girrrrrrrrrl, you got yr shit togetha-georrrrgiiiie grrrrrrlll."
hahaha, i almost got dismissed during a math test singing that, really loud. i guess i was nervous.

Chicka B
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Has anybody ever got caught dancing to a beastie boys song? Now that is embarrassing!! I got walked in on by my dad while I was jumping up and down shouting the Girls lyrics in front of the mirror, and my dad said, "What now, you're a Beastie Boys groupie?" :eek:

roni
04-25-2005, 06:52 PM
hahaha, i almost got dismissed during a math test singing that, really loud. i guess i was nervous.
:D how'd you do?

and i don't think i've been caught singing or dancing to beastie boy songs cept for at their concerts. so in that case, i've seen a lot of fools just like me singing and dancing :)

but, i would be really, really embarassed if anyone caught me doing three mcs and one dj cuz i think i'm so good when i do it :D that and i like to do poses with the intergalactic song. oh dear...

FAN of ADROCK
04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
The line from Lookin Down the Barrel Of A gun:

A sucka free basin

(before I knew what it meant....whoops :rolleyes: )

paulb
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
The line from Lookin Down the Barrel Of A gun:

A sucka free basin

(before I knew what it meant....whoops :rolleyes: )

whats it mean

Hector_Sancho
04-26-2005, 07:18 PM
^I say that to all my chick friends.(I just change Georgie Girl to their name)

And I usually follow that with, "You're on the one, the funky one"

DeLaO
04-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Someone spiked my brass monkey with a bunch of 151 one time. I guess I was bustin every song on licensed to ill, but I don't remember a thing. Everyone there said they were impressed though.

Kid Presentable
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
"Mom said rock it to the break of dawn!" I say that to my ma all the time..

The Eric H Show
04-26-2005, 09:17 PM
i love screaming "O my gosh its a mirage, im telling ya'll its SABATOGE!!!" :D

zorra_chiflada
04-26-2005, 11:33 PM
^I say that to all my chick friends.(I just change Georgie Girl to their name)

And I usually follow that with, "You're on the one, the funky one"
zount always grabs me and says "KICK! POP! POW! boomin' system up top, in the back..."

n1keman
04-27-2005, 12:49 AM

One that you really have to sing at the top of your voice...... :D

Humiliation
04-27-2005, 05:07 AM
whats it mean
unless you're kidding...

It is a way of taking cocaine. I think you put it in foil, heat it up and snort the fumes. Some random told me if i was to take cocaine do that instead of lines cause you can die first shot from a line.

BTW i don't take cocaine or any drugs

Car Thief
04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Rhyme The Rhyme Well:

Hey could you please/pass me the peas?

Thundercracker
04-27-2005, 11:14 AM
"what the falafel?!"

i said that to a falafel seller at "Falafel Mevorach" last week...

Lex Diamonds
04-27-2005, 11:41 AM
free basing = smoking crack

CHiMmY BeAStIe!
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
True story.
Hahaah that great timing
"Mom said rock it to the break of dawn!" I say that to my ma all the time..
Hahhahha, if i got along with my mom id do that too.
i love screaming "O my gosh its a mirage, im telling ya'll its SABATOGE!!!" :D
hahah i do to, i often get up and airguitar rock out and jump around when i listen to that and heart attack man, not to many other songs though, not even rock and hardcore bands
"what the falafel?!"
i said that to a falafel seller at "Falafel Mevorach" last week...
hahah what did he do, did he get it.

sometimes if i hear a word or frase or something that remins me of a lyric ill sing it, most people dont get ithe refereance. and everytime i hear the word sababtoge i think of the song it starts playng in my head, even in like movies and stuff if somone says it whatever song is played during or after that i replace with sabotage in my mind, same with watergate too usually, like the time on futurama when they went to sneak in the Watergate Hotel, does that happen to any one else, im sure its common with beastie fans, whenever i see "ill" i thin of them too.

freetibet
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
One day I kept saying "Put that shit back on the shelf" to my sister; all the time. I believe that's a line from Ch-Ch (MCA).

Life would be so much easier if English was my first language;) I would get a lot more satisfaction from music/BB and be able to participate in this thread more.. Bla bla

Jennie
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
When I was about 14, Ill Communication first came out and I begged my parents to get it for me for Christmas. My mum bought it but told me that my aunt had told her not to because the Beastie Boys were sexist and rude. (I showed my mum the verse in Sure Shot where MCA says : "I want to say a little something that's long overdue..." and she was OK with them after that)

Well I was laying on the floor in my living room with my mum on the couch listening to Get It Together on my discman, which was my favorite song and singing along. Now, back then, at that age, I would never be caught swearing in front of my parents. Well, I wasn't really paying attention and belted out "Never ever ever smoking crack, never ever ever fucking wack, I eat the fucking pineapple now & laters, listen to me now, don't listen to me later, fuck it cause i know I didn't make it fucking rhyme for real."
I realized it as soon as it came out...

She gave me the look (you know, the one all mothers seem to have). Boy, was that hard to explain after trying to make them seem like good little boys.
;)

MC Moot
04-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Well, what is yours?

Mine was from 3 MCs and 1 DJ. My mom caught me listening to it when I belted out "WE BE GETTIN' STUPID IN YOUR AREA!!". I laughed so hard after.

Whenever ANYONE asks me "what time is it?" I automatically,without resrvation say "time to get ill" and if they're down with the sound I add "Mike get on the Mic and bust your fuckn skills".....this works with those of a like mind but I've gotten the weirdest/disaproving/questioning looks around the office....especially with older co-workers.... :D

bgirl77
04-28-2005, 07:21 PM
yeeeeeah, you can't front on that...

Friis gal
04-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Life would be so much easier if English was my first language;) I would get a lot more satisfaction from music/BB and be able to participate in this thread more.. Bla bla

Me to!

When i say a beastie line in school, every body just loks at me and say "beastie boys?", and looks strange at me.
But the worst is when I sing Boomin' Granny very loudly :p

BeastieRunner
04-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I was humming "boomin' granny" in a store and got to the "you dropped your coupons and were lookin' fine" part. I then said out loud in front of my girlfriend that line, sort of low, when this lady was bending over to pick up her screaming kid.

I now have a new girlfriend.

bobnope
04-30-2005, 02:51 AM
I've got an embarrasing one! Probably 10 years ago I was camping with some friends and a few of us went roaming around the site after dark. We ran into some dudes who were obviosly looking for a fight. They duped us into their little plan by asking for a light. Being a generally nice and naive guy I stopped and gave them some matches. Within a few minutes of pointless chit chat I could feel a little tension brewing! Then the "leader" of their posse starting egging us on by claiming we weren't being "cool" with "them", like we were somehow trying to instigate something which totally wasn't the case! I rebutted "I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce!", to which I promptly got smashed in the right eye with a beer bottle! A few more words were exchanged as I snuck away to the hospital for my many stiches. Anyways that's the line I regret most!

The Eric H Show
04-30-2005, 03:12 AM
hahah i do to, i often get up and airguitar rock out and jump around when i listen to that and heart attack man, not to many other songs though, not even rock and hardcore bands

yep i do the air guitar thing also. and i like rock out. people give me wierd looks, but who cares.

Justin
04-30-2005, 05:43 AM
I remember back in the day, listening to sabotage, singing along with adrock. I was alone in the house, my parents were out of the house doing something. Well i guess they walked in the house when i done the "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" thing way loud, they thought something was really really wrong with me.

Also, just about a month ago here at WVU you ride the PRT to get from campus to campus. The prt is like a little trolley if you will on railroad tracks. Anyways, one evening i was on there all alone coming back to my place and for some reason started singing paul revere. After i completed the whole song (even including the drum sounds by my tongue and lips combination) I heard someone clapping and saying good job. Which i was totally off guard for a minute til i realized that there was a phone, and a speaker on the inside of the prt. I didnt know they could hear me without talking into the phone.

I thought i done a good job though :D

Futterman's
04-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Never ever ever smoking Crack,
Never ever ever fucking wack. (y)

lionelcrush
04-30-2005, 12:50 PM
smokin that dust at st anthonys feast

Beckalina
04-30-2005, 01:19 PM
boomin fanny

FAN of ADROCK
04-30-2005, 05:32 PM

FAN of ADROCK
04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
I remember back in the day, listening to sabotage, singing along with adrock. I was alone in the house, my parents were out of the house doing something. Well i guess they walked in the house when i done the "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" thing way loud, they thought something was really really wrong with me.

Also, just about a month ago here at WVU you ride the PRT to get from campus to campus. The prt is like a little trolley if you will on railroad tracks. Anyways, one evening i was on there all alone coming back to my place and for some reason started singing paul revere. After i completed the whole song (even including the drum sounds by my tongue and lips combination) I heard someone clapping and saying good job. Which i was totally off guard for a minute til i realized that there was a phone, and a speaker on the inside of the prt. I didnt know they could hear me without talking into the phone.

I thought i done a good job though :D

Sorry, I didnt see this post before....but heres wut the one i deleted said.

yeah, another one I do a lot is: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY from Sabotage, and i make drumming motions during that song too.... :o

Cristin
05-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Probably "I got bigger buns then my man Paul Bunyans" My brother thought i made that up too...

b-girl74
05-12-2005, 09:50 PM
yeeeeeah, you can't front on that...

Hahaha, I say that all the time! ;)

sjp
05-12-2005, 09:51 PM
singing the lyric to boomin granny in front of my grandmother.

Chicka B
05-12-2005, 09:56 PM
singing the lyric to boomin granny in front of my grandmother.

Ohhh, what'd she say? Was she surprised? :eek:

sjp
05-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Ohhh, what'd she say? Was she surprised? :eek:

well this was years ago, she smacked me cause she thought i was saying something about her.

sjp
05-12-2005, 09:59 PM
she started talking in spanish which i couldn't understand at all.

Raina
05-12-2005, 11:44 PM
When I first started listening to them...any word would somehow reminld wait me of the them. So anytime my friends would say something they would look at me like "Oh no!" and then would wait for me to make a line reference. ....that was pretty funny.

boys_beastie
05-13-2005, 03:10 AM
skateboardin into town i get really wried looks cause i have my 'phones dead loud and always put 'puttin' shame in your game on' and shout WELL IM THE KING OF BOGGLE THERE IS NON HIGHER! I GET 11 POINTS OF THE WORD QUAGMIRE! and the other part aswell. CHOP THE FUCK OUT THA BEATS LEFT ON THE SHELF YOU BE LIKE HELLO NASTY WHERE YOU BEEN!

d^.^b WEllS

icy manipulator
05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I've got an embarrasing one! Probably 10 years ago I was camping with some friends and a few of us went roaming around the site after dark. We ran into some dudes who were obviosly looking for a fight. They duped us into their little plan by asking for a light. Being a generally nice and naive guy I stopped and gave them some matches. Within a few minutes of pointless chit chat I could feel a little tension brewing! Then the "leader" of their posse starting egging us on by claiming we weren't being "cool" with "them", like we were somehow trying to instigate something which totally wasn't the case! I rebutted "I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce!", to which I promptly got smashed in the right eye with a beer bottle! A few more words were exchanged as I snuck away to the hospital for my many stiches. Anyways that's the line I regret most!

hahahaha, omg that's prolly the funniest thing you could in that situation, pity they weren't b boy fans, you might've come off alright

BTW, i'm still lmao at that, hahahahahahaha

icy manipulator
05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
my mum's caught me singing, well i'm that kid in the corner, coz i wanna........... that little event had some slight repercussions (n)

rlwelch
05-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh, when I shouted "WE BE GETTIN' STUPID IN YOUR AREA", I was supposed to be hard at work at a very important history essay due the next day.

laurie_hammy
05-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Iv done this a fair few times, I was sitting down last night with like 10 or 12 people sitting around me and I ever heard someone saying Willis, and it went all quite JUST as I was rapping to myself "You Know My Names Adam Stop Calling Me Phyllis" and everyone just started laughing. I just sat there embarassed.

adrock14
07-15-2005, 02:17 PM
In the middle of the store with my grandma ( who takes forever to shop), I just blurted out So why all the fight,why all the fuss because, yeah, i aint got no dust, yeah, know im gettin silly, got a grandma hazel and a grandma tilly from get it together, the worst part is, my boyfriend was their. LOL

Weezman
07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
True story....in 94' i scared the crap out of the Fed-Ex guy in the shipping dept at my job. He was the only one there (aside from me).....it was the 2nd shift so i didnt care if i rap to the Beasties full force. I didnt see the dude..... he was doing paper work when i shouted, at full volume......KICK IT OVER BABY-POP and let all the FLY smimmies FEEL the BEAT!!!! :eek:

Its stoopid, and when i say stoopid i mean stoopid as in freshhhHHH!!!

Adrobin
07-15-2005, 02:59 PM
i often say "what the blood clot" or "what the hellen of troy"
and for a long time i would be "suckers be sayin they can take out adam horovitz"
also j'ais de bonbon pour vous mange, the party people scream oui oui c'est vrai, cause i got a remote for my bidet."

cj hood
07-15-2005, 04:07 PM
my boy told his mom to "mike these nuts"...

balohna
07-16-2005, 04:10 PM

and i don't think i've been caught singing or dancing to beastie boy songs cept for at their concerts. so in that case, i've seen a lot of fools just like me singing and dancing :)
Yeah when I saw them live I didn't have much room to dance (I was crowded up at the barricade) and I was just staring at them in shock that they were right in front of me but as time went on I started singing all the lyrics without thinking about it.

balohna
07-16-2005, 04:17 PM

Yeah when I saw them live I didn't have much room to dance (I was crowded up at the barricade) and I was just staring at them in shock that they were right in front of me but as time went on I started singing all the lyrics without thinking about it.

greenidentity
07-18-2005, 12:04 AM
"Get on the mic cause you know you eat shellfish" and:
"Ride around town like Raymond Burr"

I just always have that stuck in my head and if it slips out, people sort of look at me like, wha?? :D

That is probably my favorite B-Boy song(s) of all time.

Yauch
07-18-2005, 12:39 AM
peter eater parking meter all of the time.

Nygel
07-18-2005, 12:53 AM
various things from boomin granny

[yauch, check out the remix in my sig please (y) ]

jennyb
07-18-2005, 01:01 AM
I've Got The Brand New Doo-Doo Guaranteed
Like Yoo Hoo.... (doo doo? :confused: )

*waves*

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Time To Get Ill

Whenever some asks "What time is it"

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:16 AM
various things from boomin granny

[yauch, check out the remix in my sig please (y) ]

sounds good. i like that.

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:18 AM

Nice job Nygel getting props from Yauch. When does the full album drop?

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:22 AM
is that beck?

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:23 AM
is that beck?

Yeah, from "Broken Drum"

Nygel
07-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Sweet (y)(y) you've made this 15 year old very happy :)

and pip, Iced Coffee will be out HOPEFULLY by the end of the month. on the hub dirtydan has another song from it though, its called Defynding Sawyer (body movin and tom sawyer mixed together), so go check it out there, not a good quality file, but fair enough. AND i pulled together a bonus track, its a remix of M.I.A's Sunshowers (i doubt many of you kno who she is, but shes good).

:D so happy

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Sweet (y)(y) you've made this 15 year old very happy :)

and pip, Iced Coffee will be out HOPEFULLY by the end of the month. on the hub dirtydan has another song from it though, its called Defynding Sawyer (body movin and tom sawyer mixed together), so go check it out there, not a good quality file, but fair enough. AND i pulled together a bonus track, its a remix of M.I.A's Sunshowers (i doubt many of you kno who she is, but shes good).

:D so happy

I'll check it out, for sure

Nygel
07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
yauch: yea, i was wondering wat you guys and beck would sound like if u collaborated. and i wanted to see if u really needed an acapella to remix a song.

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:27 AM
15 huh? keep doin that shit.

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Gosh, I remember when I was 15, what was...oh right 2 weeks ago

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Hey Yauch, you have any info on the new DVD?

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:29 AM
yeah, beck came by the studio once and we were playing music. he was wilding out on a synth. but we never made a record together......

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:31 AM
yeah, beck came by the studio once and we were playing music. he was wilding out on a synth. but we never made a record together......

He played a little human beatbox though for you guys once. Maybe we can see more of that soon? (y)

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey Yauch, you have any info on the new DVD?

you meann the MSG thing? just working on it...... getting it tight........ looks like it will come out next year.

Nygel
07-18-2005, 01:32 AM
15 huh? keep doin that shit.
thanks, maybe u can release some more acapellas, huh? ;)
maybe?, please :rolleyes: im pushin my luck.

zorra_chiflada
*moons this thread*

*runs away*

pip07
you meann the MSG thing? just working on it...... getting it tight........ looks like it will come out next year.

Very cool. Can't wait

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:33 AM

No kidding, more pellas from the vault would be awesome

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:35 AM

word, i've been meaning to pull that together, but i keep getting side tracked. which ones are looking for?

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:38 AM
word, i've been meaning to pull that together, but i keep getting side tracked. which ones are looking for?

Must be working on those new instrumentals huh?

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Must be working on those new instrumentals huh? :p

nah. just been editing msg...........

midzi
07-18-2005, 01:40 AM

Nice.

Is there any chance (even in distant future) that you'll play in countries you seem to avoid for the last 10 years?

Nygel
07-18-2005, 01:40 AM
yauch, u wouldnt believe how happy your making me :):)
personally, i would like to have a Brrr Stick em acapella and Unite, and maybe Stand Together. but i kno on a wide count, the remixers want some proffesor booty, car thief, high plains drifter, 3 the hard way (infact, anything from tt5b would be sweet) i wont list too much, btu i kno we want some new ones.

and wats this oscillocope stuff? (im getting attacked on the hub right now to ask u a bunch of questions :eek: ) and of course, do u intend on playing instruments when returning to the studio for the next album?

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Nice.

Is there any chance (even in distant future) that you'll play in countries you seem to avoid for the last 10 years?

i hope so. we always start out in the planning stages saying that we'll go to all kinds of places, but then things change and get cancelled and we end up going to the same spots.............

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:45 AM
i hope so. we always start out in the planning stages saying that we'll go to all kinds of places, but then things change and get cancelled and we end up going to the same spots.............

As long as you hit chi-town just 1 more time...I'm down

zorra_chiflada
07-18-2005, 01:46 AM
that was pretty insane when you played in tasmania, like in '99
no-one ever comes down here.

Medellia
*moons this thread*

*runs away*
Hahaha, Zorra what the hell?

On that note, I've gotten pretty funny looks for "well I'm a freaky streaker like Winnie the Pooh/T-shirt and no pants and I dance the bugaloo" :o

Pootytang
Hey Yauch, did you ever get the community coffee? How is it? Need more?

gaselite
07-18-2005, 01:47 AM
hey yauch, love your work man, any reason the msg dvd is taking so long to put together? You just taking your time with it to make it as good as you can or are you releasing it next year to coincide with something maybe (like LTI 20th anniversary)?

hotchedder
07-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Im happy you come to Detroit (y)

midzi
07-18-2005, 01:49 AM

Some fans especially in Central and Eastern European countries feel left out.

You have a lot of fans in those part of the world as well. :)

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:50 AM
i would like to have a Brrr Stick em acapella and Unite, and maybe Stand Together. but i kno on a wide count, the remixers want some proffesor booty, car thief, high plains drifter, 3 the hard way (infact, anything from tt5b would be sweet) i wont list too much, btu i kno we want some new ones.

i'll work on it. go ahead and work on a longer list if you want. maybe start a thread...... i'll see if i can't get shit moving..

...and of course, do u intend on playing instruments when returning to the studio for the next album?

not sure yet. we haven't started on anything, but most likely.

Nygel
07-18-2005, 01:51 AM
whoa, this thread just exploded. . . . it was so peaceful when it was just me pip and yauch:( oh well, we had our moment.

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Some fans especially in Central and Eastern European countries feel left out.

You have a lot of fans in those part of the world as well. :)

where are you at?

zorra_chiflada
07-18-2005, 01:53 AM
whoa, this thread just exploded. . . . it was so peaceful when it was just me pip and yauch:( oh well, we had our moment.

it happens, kiddo

midzi
07-18-2005, 01:54 AM
where are you at?

Poland.

Documad
07-18-2005, 01:56 AM
Yauch, if you're still on and you can answer the question for these fans about the mashed potatoes sample it would be very nice. They've gone to lots of trouble with no luck.

mashed potatoes thread (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=47356&highlight=mashed)

HAHA Zorra! :)

pip07
07-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Yauch, if you're still on and you can answer the question for these fans about the mashed potatoes sample it would be very nice. They've gone to lots of trouble with no luck.

mashed potatoes thread (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=47356&highlight=mashed)

Shit, if this gon' be that kind of party....

Yauch
07-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Poland.

that's cool. we went there in like...... actually i don't know. but we went there once. maybe 94?

where in poland are you?

Rosie Cotton
07-18-2005, 01:58 AM
it happens, kiddo
For serious.

zorra_chiflada
07-18-2005, 01:58 AM

i like to be honest about my blatant attention seeking

midzi
07-18-2005, 02:00 AM
that's cool. we went there in like...... actually i don't know. but we went there once. maybe 94?

where in poland are you?

You played in Warsaw in February 1995.

10 years is pretty long time.

I'm from Warsaw.

Yauch
07-18-2005, 02:00 AM

it's this comedy record. i can't remember the exact name, but it's like "montel" something or another......

dancin2beasties
07-18-2005, 02:01 AM

hah i've been sitting here up at 3:30 in the morning with my huge mug of coffee watching this thread pump out 3 pages in like a half an hour.

btw i got money set aside for that dvd so that the very second i hear its out i am litterally running out the door to go buy the first copy in the store. i could not be more excited for this next year (y)

pip07
07-18-2005, 02:02 AM
it's this comody record. i can't remember the exact name, but it's like "montel" something or another......

That's a start. Someone get their ass on google

Rosie Cotton
07-18-2005, 02:02 AM
i like to be honest about my blatant attention seeking
:rolleyes:

Nygel
07-18-2005, 02:03 AM
acapella thread: http://beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=53749
Yauch, here is the thread for acapellas, ill edit my post and make the list longer, i dont want to ask for too much, but thank you yauch. (and maybe post in the remix forum about my remix in my remix's thread:p)

gaselite
07-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Actually I have to ask, you guys will go on tour again right? I missed you in Adelaide at the Big Day Out this year and I'm kicking myself over it :( Will you tour next album or something? cheers

Yauch
:rolleyes:

ok. g'night chall.

Pootytang
Goodmorning

Documad
07-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Why is Rosie back, and why does she look just like Zorra? :confused:

It freaked me out a little.

zorra_chiflada
07-18-2005, 02:09 AM

she's copying me and it's mean! :(

Documad
07-18-2005, 02:09 AM
it's this comody record. i can't remember the exact name, but it's like "montel" something or another......
I don't think that's something they've talked about or tried before.

I had to try for Laver before he buys a bunch more stuff. :p

Rosie Cotton
07-18-2005, 02:13 AM

Because I'm harassing Zorra.

Actually, someone else changed it but I'm not gonna say who.

Documad
07-18-2005, 02:20 AM
Because I'm harassing Zorra.

Actually, someone else changed it but I'm not gonna say who.
And why are you Rosie again? :confused:

dancin2beasties
07-18-2005, 02:21 AM
soo pretty productive visit by yauch I’d say?

- dvd’ll come out next year (already sorta knew that but more confirmation is always nice)
- he’s gonna work on getting some more accapellas up (y)
- we got a “most likely” when he was asked about instrumentals for the next album
- a little info on the whole mashed potatoes sample deal, hopefully now someone can find it

and i have learned that you must stay up late if you dont want to miss things.

now, i sleep :)

Rosie Cotton
07-18-2005, 02:23 AM
And why are you Rosie again? :confused:
Because I switched to a different computer and I typed in Rosie out of habit.

Documad
07-18-2005, 02:25 AM
- dvd’ll come out next year (already sorta knew that but more confirmation is always nice)
Some people hoped it would be a lot sooner.

dancin2beasties
07-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Some people hoped it would be a lot sooner.
yeah i never figured they'd get it out in 2005 if we hadn't heard by now that it definatly would. i just tried not to get my hopes up.

but i guess the longer the wait the better it will be once we finnally get to see it right? well, i hope so anyways :o

Laver1969
07-18-2005, 07:56 AM
it's this comedy record. i can't remember the exact name, but it's like "montel" something or another......

Ahhh....a clue. Thanks Yauch

...and Documad for asking!

cj hood
07-18-2005, 09:12 AM
whoa........how ju guys know yauch was on....that was like 3:30am east coast time.....i'm telling you.......we need an alert system or something.....but maybe the m.p. sample will be settled once and for all........

OperatorSwitch
07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
"Those were the days!!!"

You know, ch-check it out.

Weezman
07-18-2005, 10:43 AM
As long as you hit chi-town just 1 more time...I'm down

WORD!!! :D

Weezman
07-18-2005, 10:55 AM
That was ILL.....did any of you ever see posts from the other 3 Beasties??

Funkyfreshgrape
07-18-2005, 12:32 PM
My is we got 3 mcs and 1 dj, will be getting down with no delay, so mix master mike which you got to say... :D

Chicka B
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Haha, I saw this thread and how many pages it was and before even clicking on it I knew Yauch replied. Thanks for the info Adam!!! :D

Documad
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
whoa........how ju guys know yauch was on....that was like 3:30am east coast time...
Exactly twice in the past year I fell asleep accidentally way too early, then woke up all disoriented and had to turn off the lights and shut down my computer. Both times when I took my computer out of sleep to shut it down, Yauch had a post on the main index. And both times my eyes kept blinking like I must be seeing things in my disoriented state. But this time I remembered that someone was supposed to ask the mashed potatoes question so that's what came to me. I think it's funny that it's still unsolved given all the experts on here. :)

cj hood
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Exactly twice in the past year I fell asleep accidentally way too early, then woke up all disoriented and had to turn off the lights and shut down my computer. Both times when I took my computer out of sleep to shut it down, Yauch had a post on the main index. And both times my eyes kept blinking like I must be seeing things in my disoriented state. But this time I remembered that someone was supposed to ask the mashed potatoes question so that's what came to me. I think it's funny that it's still unsolved given all the experts on here. :)

you done good!

kll
07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
My boyfriend and I were discussing the Mashed Potatoes sample and decided that it must be someone that they grabbed off the street to record it, therefore that is why no one can figure out the source... it's a total unknown...

Laver1969
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
That was ILL.....did any of you ever see posts from the other 3 Beasties??

I remember Mike posted ages ago...like around 2000. To my knowledge Horovitz has never posted.

Minton or tpk can verify/clarify.

YoungRemy
07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
damn, this summer i go to beddie bye so early, the one question that wasnt asked was "master of ceremonies" vs "mic controller"

then every debate on this board would have been quelched...

but then what would we come here for? :cool:

Chicka B
07-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Now that I look back, I really really REALLY hope he didn't read my first post in this thread. That's sort of embarrassing ya know. :o

Laver1969
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Next year for that dvd? Haha! Yauch is so funny.

He is joking, right?

Actually, the way I understood is that they are literally getting the videotape very tight. Ya know....the actual videotape tightly wound, with no slack.

I think they have to do that before they can put it onto a dvd. :p

Kid Presentable
07-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll bet he's playing with our emotions. Quite dastardly when you think about it. If you don't think about it, it's probably a 6.7 on the dastardly scale...

jennyb
07-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I wonder if the dvd will be sold via the oscilloscope site?... and NEXT YEAR!? He's gotta be kiddin.

zorra_chiflada
07-18-2005, 11:51 PM
whoa........how ju guys know yauch was on....that was like 3:30am east coast time.....i'm telling you.......we need an alert system or something.....but maybe the m.p. sample will be settled once and for all........

luck, i think.
most of the times when he's been online, i've been online as well - it was about 3pm here.

Nygel
07-19-2005, 12:19 AM
how ju guys know yauch was on....
yea... i just sorta saw it say the last post was from yauch. so i jumped in and gave a reply. funny how a message board works

NurfBallJeaneus
07-20-2005, 09:41 AM
07-18-2005, 04:05 AM

Do you ever sleep?!?!

BGirl
07-20-2005, 03:33 PM
I wonder if the dvd will be sold via the oscilloscope site?... and NEXT YEAR!? He's gotta be kiddin.

Isn't the theatrical release of the film coming first? I thought maybe that would be by the end of the year (wishful thinking perhaps).

And uh... lyric I was caught singing... I've tried and failed to reach Mike D's high note in Brr Stick Em, to hubby's amusement. :D

Chicka B
07-21-2005, 12:08 AM

NO!!! I like that line, it ain't stupid. :D

Ok seriously though, the stupidest lyric I said was just at the wrong time and at the wrong place. But it just kept running through my head!

"I figured out who makes the crack
It’s the suckers with the badges and the blue jackets"

Also, when I was making a sandwich earlier today I was going "Gorgonzola, provolone, don't even get me started on this microphone" and my mom says "what'd you say?" :o

peterclamp
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Yea!!!

For me...the most important post of 2005! I had seeds of doubt spreading through my mind that we would see/hear no more Beastie-studio work, how good it feels to be proved wrong!!

Pete (y) :D (y) (!)

i'll work on it. go ahead and work on a longer list if you want. maybe start a thread...... i'll see if i can't get shit moving..

Nygel
07-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Both answers came from my questions, give credit where credit is due.

I'm already cooking up some shit for Brrr Stick Em(y) expect something that will blow your mind when im done.

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
One day I was listening to the beastie boys and used the brush as mic

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:12 PM
yo patrick, is that you :D

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Ya its me adrock14

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:17 PM
how are you, listening to b-boys i hope (y) (y) (y)

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:19 PM
K.T. soon i will

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:21 PM
we can listen to it all we want when you come over saturday for nanas b-day party!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:24 PM
I thout that the party was at my house (!) (!) (!)

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:27 PM
oh, you know i dont pay attention to stuff like that, are you going to watch video mods tomorrow? guess whos going to be on their!!!!! bet you cant, LOL :) :rolleyes:

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:30 PM
yeah its at 11pm right (lb) :rolleyes:

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:33 PM
you bet!!! sherry is really sick, i think i am the next victim!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
man i dont no we might all get it next :p

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:39 PM
we can all be sick together, sit on my couch, and have our parents fill our every needs, i can feel some more cds coming to me, i have a master plan... :cool: (!) (!) (!)

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:40 PM
good idea that is the master plan :cool:

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
taking over ALL the adults, that is, accept yauch, horovitz, diamond, and mmm what an idea IM GOING TO BE FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (y) (y)

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:45 PM
in case you dont know, the last part is from the reanimator

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:46 PM
no da remember i was there with you at your house :(

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:48 PM
thats when we locked donna out of the house and threw sherrys blender at her, lol :cool:

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
ya I remeber i think thats why its so slow now

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
whats so slow

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:54 PM
oh, the blender?

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 04:56 PM
ya that was pretty funny but when you said I can feel my cds what do you mean :D

adrock14
07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
i mean my mom would show sympothy for me by buying cds :cool:

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:04 PM
ah I get it I think that yauch is at page 5 :eek:

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:05 PM
really!!!!!

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:06 PM
i couldnt find him???

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:07 PM
you should go check it out :rolleyes:

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:07 PM
i did, i couldnt find him i ll look again.

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:11 PM
i gotta get offthe computer, my mom is kicking me off, hope you guys can come over tomorrow, if not, i ll find a way to your house. (y)

Chicka B
07-21-2005, 05:11 PM
You guys seriously need to disguss this over pming or something, silly kids. :p I'm just kidding I don't care.

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM
hey that was not actually posted from him it said

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM
trust me, i can take a joke, you seem cool

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:13 PM
i dont have to get off the computer!!!!!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:15 PM
yauch were are you man

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:17 PM
now, patrick, calm down, yauch will respond if he wants, it would rule if he did though

Chicka B
07-21-2005, 05:17 PM
He's all up in yo crawl space maaaaan!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:19 PM
O katy shut up like he would

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:19 PM
patrick, dont get up in my crawl space!!!!!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:22 PM
katy do you ever not think of them its almost like your in their crwl space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:24 PM
so, i dont always think about them, well theres, ahhhhh, ok that is all my brain thinks about

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:27 PM
hi. you stupid see ya tommorow!

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:27 PM
is that steven

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
hey i keep thinking about when mca gets stuck in the cornner in sabatoge

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:30 PM
why

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:31 PM
i dont why it is just funny

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
not as funny as the way they blank out words in root down

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:33 PM
o ya that was a lot funnier

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:33 PM
oh my god thats some funky oosha!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
ya that is what he preety much says

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
like those orange things in willy wanka, imagine that!!!!!!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
that would be the funniest thing in the world

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:38 PM
adrock orange, he still would be cute, it would be cool if yauch beat those things up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:40 PM
it would if mike d got a gun and shot them like betty crocker

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:41 PM
no, that was yauch that shot betty crocker

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:42 PM
O ya thats right

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:44 PM
(sherry says that all the time accept she says,i tot etty ocker. we should make a rap about WILLY WONKA (light bulb above head) (lb)

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:46 PM
man i almost forgot that video mod comes on tommrow

adrock14
07-21-2005, 05:47 PM
you fool the willy wanka things are brain washing you, you better call shazam and get the bagel out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :cool:

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
ya thats like a mechcanical monster

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:02 PM
ok uncle mike (my uncle, not mike d)

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:14 PM
im not uncle mike you now its more like you

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:25 PM
lecture me for about another hour, then we ll see who is really like uncle mike

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:27 PM
why would i want to do that i would be bored out of my mind

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:28 PM
enough about him, hows the 6 pack coming

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
shut up i hope you mean about the beer

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:30 PM
no, i mean the beer belly!!!!!!!!!LOL

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:32 PM
i hope your not talking about your self

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:33 PM
WHY ARE WE DISSING EACH OTHER?????????????????????????? :confused: :confused:

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
ya boy in you face :mad:

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
dont get me started on shaun of the dead, lets talk about the beasties!!!!!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:37 PM
ya thats right we are talkin about them

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:39 PM
do you know if yauch has hazel or brown eyes

Chicka B
07-21-2005, 06:39 PM
BROWN!!! I think.

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
katy i dont no i am not in his crawl space

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:41 PM
well, i am not either.

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:42 PM
SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:44 PM
patrick, you look like mike d., you could be the child version of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:44 PM
ya what what ever dead head

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:45 PM
where did you get that, book of kindergarden jokes

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
at least i dont think that every think is pink

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
that was in pre school

adrock14
07-21-2005, 06:52 PM
i gotta go to bed now patrick, i ll see you tomorrow ok
i ll be like yauch, G-night y all

mikedfan
07-21-2005, 06:53 PM
g-night-y to you to K.T.

3MC's
07-22-2005, 12:00 AM
When I was about 14, Ill Communication first came out and I begged my parents to get it for me for Christmas. My mum bought it but told me that my aunt had told her not to because the Beastie Boys were sexist and rude. (I showed my mum the verse in Sure Shot where MCA says : "I want to say a little something that's long overdue..." and she was OK with them after that)

Well I was laying on the floor in my living room with my mum on the couch listening to Get It Together on my discman, which was my favorite song and singing along. Now, back then, at that age, I would never be caught swearing in front of my parents. Well, I wasn't really paying attention and belted out "Never ever ever smoking crack, never ever ever fucking wack, I eat the fucking pineapple now & laters, listen to me now, don't listen to me later, fuck it cause i know I didn't make it fucking rhyme for real."
I realized it as soon as it came out...

She gave me the look (you know, the one all mothers seem to have). Boy, was that hard to explain after trying to make them seem like good little boys.
;)

Hey I got caught by my parents singin Get It Together. I was only 12. I got whipped!

titoratm
07-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Hola amigos I'm latin and I love the Beasties's music. i've been listen to them from long time ago. Well the StupiDest but at the same time the coolest Lyric i've been caught saying was "Hubo una ves una gran rey q tenia muchas tierras, un castillo y tambien un amor" , an old song from "LOs Angeles Negros". My mom ask me what was i doing listening to that old music, and she started to sing The Move with me. That was so fucking cool.if there's any latin fan of the beasties here plz send me a message ... see you amIgoS !! ChicOs Bestia!!

pip07
07-22-2005, 08:54 PM
shut the fuck up

Nygel
07-22-2005, 09:15 PM
shut the fuck up
whoa pip, wtf? u talkin to the mikedfan and adrock14, or the latin beastie fan? cuz the latin bboy fan didnt do shit

[get on the hub too]

dave790
07-26-2005, 02:27 PM

it's stuff like this which makes me constantly clueless as to why there's questioning of another album every week! i thought Yauch said they'd be another one in the 37 questions ages ago too...or at least that TT5B wasn't the last one. So stop the 'new album?' threads!

anyway he answered a lot of questions...fair play to the man lol, the only reason i'm not too fussed about if the DVD does come out in like another year is that all this work makes me think it'll be real good.

get to work on those instruments :)

sXe Boogaloo
08-02-2005, 04:54 AM
this probably isn't a lyric, more like a war cry but does "oooooooo-hooooo!!" count? cuz, i yell that a lot.
..."oooooooo-hooooo!!"

EN[i]GMA
08-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Eatin' chicken gizard with a girl named Lizzie!

Think I said that one outloud with my parents once, just before I realized the reference.

Oops.

rlwelch
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Wow, Yauch posted in my thread.
"Peter eater parking meter all of the time"
Haha, I love that one.

This one's so classic that I get caught saying it a lot:
"I shed light, cats shed fur, ride around town like I'm Raymond Burr".

Weezman
08-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Yes, yes, y'all - you don't stop
You keep it on - and shockin' the place
Well I'm M.C.A. - I got nothing to prove
Pay attention - my intention is to bust a move
I drink quarts and cans and bottles and sixes
Between the turntables keep the vodka and the mixes

DJ_Skrilla
09-13-2005, 01:24 AM

Okay I must have sang that song a million times but never knew exactly what the fuck they were saying.

Remind me that your freshman album need not have any lyrical meaning whatsoever. Nice lookin out yauch.

minton
09-13-2005, 04:30 AM
I remember Mike posted ages ago...like around 2000. To my knowledge Horovitz has never posted.

Minton or tpk can verify/clarify.

That's right.

birdgirl
09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
my mom was trying to have a serious conversation about my "mood disorder" and she said, "I think your life is in a quagmire." I chuckled and said "I am the King of Boggle, there is none higher. I get eleven points for the word quagmire." she looked really sad. but I still like that word.