PDA

View Full Version : attn: mars volta fans

Tzar
04-27-2005, 05:53 PM
gimme some mars volta songs that have heavy riffs and heavy drumming and shit.

i want heavy - no mellow love shit. they play heavy don't that!?

BOBBY DIGITAL
04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
In that case, it's At the Drive In. And even then, they're not heavy. You want heavy, check out NECK or Coalesce.

Sandinista!
04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Space and cars? You don't need a dickwad new band for that subject matter; listen to Sabbath's "Supernaut" and The Clash's cover of "Brand New Cadillac" instead.

ProfessorBootay
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
best one for you is probably roulette dares, and whats this about love songs?? Mars volta aint no michael bolton side project!

Tzar
04-28-2005, 06:47 PM
so there's no heavy mars volta - well tick them off as a band i won't listen to. (n)

i'm on Sandinista's side here.

DipDipDive
04-28-2005, 07:02 PM
i'm on Sandinista's side here.

This statement will come back to haunt you like herpes on your honeymoon.

Tzar
04-28-2005, 08:19 PM
possibly but ahh well.

Sandinista!
04-28-2005, 09:08 PM

Speaking from experience, eh?

DipDipDive
04-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Speaking from experience, eh?

Yeah, dude. Cause I like, have herpes, and I'm like, married and shit. :rolleyes:

Sandinista!
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah, dude. Cause I like, have herpes, and I'm like, married and shit. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

The Notorious LOL
04-28-2005, 09:14 PM
deloused in the comatorium is an awesome album. I dunno...check umm "This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed".

Rancid_Beasties
04-28-2005, 10:11 PM
The mars volta has heavy guitar riffs and drumming parts interspersed with soft mellow parts (but even that is not love song stuff, its just kinda psychadelic). Anyway my favourite riff by Mars Volta is off Frances the mute: L'via L'viaquez. Its also got some fairly solid drumming, but like I said its 12:27 long. Give it a crack anyway. Or try some at the drive in or sparta if you want some mars volta without as much experimentalism and a bit more heavy riffs.

Bob
04-28-2005, 10:36 PM
exactly how heavy are you trying to get?

i dunno, check out "take the veil cerpin taxt"

make sure you listen to the whole thing though...it's only 8 minutes (not bad for a TMV song)

it chills out for about 3 minutes towards the middle, fast forward if you get bored, but don't miss the bass at 4:50 or so...it's not heavy by any means, i just think it's really fucking cool

Tzar
04-29-2005, 04:42 AM
when i say heavy - i mean metal-heavy (not heavy metal) but metal in general. i'll check out them last two songs.

Rancid_Beasties
04-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Well the Mars Volta are a long way from metal in my opinion, but thats the way I like it. Metallica and System of a Down are about as metal as I get :o

I just said that the riff in L'via is awesome, its far from metal. More like a spanish sort of dance kind of thing in some parts. And in parts it really slows down. Like I said check out at the drive in or sparta for mars volta with a heavier guitar and drum section...but they are still far from the metal you are probably looking for.

minorthreat
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM
the heaviest mars volta song is roulette dares or the awesome cicatriz esp - which is 12 minutes long! but the best mars volta song in my opinion is the acoustic and completely sensational televators.

aa ninja
04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
the mars volta is not a heavy band, but if you listen to hardcore metal, you may still enjoy them because they are incredibly technical, and really fast for the most part. for a heavy song, maybe "cicatriz esp" or "cygnus...vismond cygnus"

Tzar
04-29-2005, 11:42 PM
hmmm i'll download as much as these "check out" tracks mentioned.

i only assumed they might have some metal in them is cause Kirk from metallica said he saw them live and was 'blown away' by them so... i dunno.

the dude's voice doesn't do it for me either.