PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle Show Season 3 airs May 31

YoungRemy
04-30-2005, 02:58 PM
post here if you know when the Beastie Boys perform as musical guests. no schedule up yet on cc.com...

enree erzweglle
04-30-2005, 05:31 PM
why would they perform again? :confused:

they dont have anything to promote. :(

hell, they didnt even make it to SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE this time around. :mad:

I thought the Chappelle segment was already filmed a few months ago.

As for an SNL appearance, wouldn't that have been nice (although if forced to choose one show for them to be on, I'd rather see them on the Daily Show).

YoungRemy
04-30-2005, 06:17 PM
they already taped it...

i imagine we will see it early in the season

Laver1969
04-30-2005, 09:22 PM
they already taped it...

i imagine we will see it early in the season

Are you saying the Beasties already taped something for Chapelle? hmmmm.

When did they do the taping?

cj hood
05-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Are you saying the Beasties already taped something for Chapelle? hmmmm.

When did they do the taping?

i think this was done the day after the MSG show

YoungRemy
05-01-2005, 10:33 AM
we were talking about this back in November (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=38950&highlight=chappelle)

"The band just recently wrapped filming a spot for Chappelle's Show. The episode will air early next year. "

they were all over the place, shooting videos, making tv appearances, doing interviews and such.

the blurb from Nasty Little Man doesnt exist anymore, however...

Laver1969
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
i think this was done the day after the MSG show

Thanks. I forgot about this.

Thanks for the link YoungRemy!

Sir SkratchaLot
05-02-2005, 05:07 AM
NEW CHAPPELLE! :D (y)

canucklehead200
05-02-2005, 06:44 PM
what song did they perform?? Please tell me it was AOLTNYC

steve-onpoint
05-03-2005, 02:15 AM
yes!

I heard Dave Chapelle wants to be the new Dj for the BBoys.

:D

wait... i think i heard that, too

canucklehead200
05-04-2005, 12:32 AM
what song did they perform?? Please tell me it was AOLTNYC

YoungRemy
05-05-2005, 09:01 AM
it pays to go to beastie Free...

show has been delayed yet again
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16484;_ylt=AjRZARNdZPSZda5DwMNm1J8DW7oF;_ylu=X3oDM TBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

thanks to MrFilms for the scoop

cj hood
05-05-2005, 10:19 AM
it pays to go to beastie Free...

show has been delayed yet again
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16484;_ylt=AjRZARNdZPSZda5DwMNm1J8DW7oF;_ylu=X3oDM TBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

thanks to MrFilms for the scoop

BF sux.......a girl is deciding whether to f' 2 guys by discussing it online over at BF.....and of course everyone who responded had 3somes before.....it's like the land of fuckin make believe........

Odie
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
By god your right Sir, it's the very pit of lazy cliché troll threads from satan's butt tube.

Who would you gay up for?
Toilet paper, fold or scrunch?(techy)

Adrock421
05-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Ok, Dave is a funny guy, and seems to have some musical talent (piss on you :D ) but you just can't beat Mix Master Mike! And on the 12th track [of Hello Nasty], the Lord spoketh, Mix Master Mike, what hath ye to say? And Mix Master repliedeth, "Goddamn that DJ made my day" I resteth my case......eth :D

Laver1969
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I just received my May 16 issue of Newsweek and they have an article on Dave's show being postponed.

They speculate on many different reasons without giving any official reason.

But one interesting blurb says..."For his musical guests, he bypassed the bling-and-booty set in favor of true hip-hop artists, such as rapper Mos Def and neo-soul virtuoso Anthony Hamilton."

No mention of the Beasties, but you can put them in the true hip-hop artist category since they did something for the show. :)

Pootytang
05-09-2005, 04:48 PM
This past weekend I was watching one of these late night magazine type shows on Court TV, I believe, and they had said that Dave had gone A.W.O.L. from the set for 6 weeks now.

monkey
05-10-2005, 02:38 PM
i know what songs they played. but i cant tell you so im just braggin now.

i really hope we get to see it.

The Eric H Show
05-10-2005, 06:10 PM
I am dying for the 3rd season to start. I was a chappelle fan way before the rick james skit. I started watchin it at the beginning of the 1st season. O man was it great. And it only got better when the 2nd season came.
So im hoping the 3rd season will somehow be able to surpass the first to.

As far as the beasties being on it. OMG that is soooo awesome. Seriously what could be better than Chapelle and the Beasties together.

cj hood
05-11-2005, 06:35 PM
i know what songs they played. but i cant tell you so im just braggin now.

i really hope we get to see it.

ya me to.......they did 'open letter' and 'new style'..............WHAT WHAT!!!

NathanWind
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
does anyone know where I can see the first performance on the chapelle show?

milkboy009
05-11-2005, 07:35 PM
beastie boys plus dave chappelle in one 30 minute sitting, my life is complete

cj hood
05-11-2005, 07:48 PM
chapelle does the "mmmmmmmmmmmdrop" when they do the "new style".....

Laver1969
05-11-2005, 07:57 PM
chapelle does the "mmmmmmmmmmmdrop" when they do the "new style".....

Thanks cj for the inside scoop!

NoI'mClarence
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
YEAH WHAT THAT DUDE SAID

Laver1969
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Was there a first performance?

YoungRemy
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
y'all gotta read up on this thread, they have postponed the show again now indefinitely :(

lazerinyourear
05-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Chappelle checked himself into a mental hospital in South Africa. The show is over. It's on CNN.com

Laver1969
05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Chappelle checked himself into a mental hospital in South Africa. The show is over. It's on CNN.com

This sucks. It doesn't sound promising.

If the third season never happens, I hope the Beasties performance will at least surface one day.

Burnout18
05-11-2005, 10:48 PM
ya me to.......they did 'open letter' and 'new style'..............WHAT WHAT!!!

yess i love it when people try to hold a secret then someone else comes and spills it.

thanks for the scoop

YoungRemy
05-11-2005, 11:41 PM

Chappelle Reportedly Checks Into Facility (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050511/111587478000.html)

Comedy Central star Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported on Wednesday.

The comedian's whereabouts and condition have been unknown since Comedy Central abruptly announced last week that the planned May 31 launch of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed and production halted.

Chappelle flew from Newark, N.J., to South Africa on April 28 for treatment, said the magazine, quoting a source close to the show it would not identify. Entertainment Weekly said it had corroborating sources for its story.

"We don't know where he is," Comedy Central spokesman Tony Fox said. "We've heard about South Africa. We don't know. We haven't talked to Dave."

Chappelle's spokesman, Matt Labov, would not comment on the magazine's story.

"It seems like the issues he's contending with are really quite serious," said Dade Hayes, a senior editor at Entertainment Weekly. "It isn't a case of him spending a weekend someplace recuperating from exhaustion."

The magazine's sources say Chappelle is still in the facility, which was not named, Hayes said. Chappelle's representatives have denied that the comedian was abusing drugs.

Chappelle reportedly signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central for two more seasons of his show, a payday made possible because of the explosive sales of the show's first season DVD.

The magazine said Chappelle had shot four to five episodes' worth of sketches for the new season, but none of its onstage introductions.

Pootytang
05-12-2005, 01:01 AM
I am glad that he is seeking treatment for his problems.

sjp
05-12-2005, 01:21 AM
to much playing tyrone actually turned him into tyrone.

cj hood
05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
yess i love it when people try to hold a secret then someone else comes and spills it.

thanks for the scoop

i gotta little more to tell......let see what happens with Dave first....

YoungRemy
05-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Chappelle Reportedly Checks Into Facility (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050511/111587478000.html)

The magazine said Chappelle had shot four to five episodes' worth of sketches for the new season, but none of its onstage introductions.

this is the key to the story...

somewhere, there is footage of the Beastie Boys performing somewhere in the 5 Boroughs, with chappelle's classic "laid back hanging with the band" style that he brings when musical guests perform...

RELEASE WHAT THEY ALREADY FILMED, the fans are tired of cancellations and bad news!!

BGirl
05-13-2005, 10:18 AM
:(

good luck Dave Chappelle <3

Darko
05-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Dave got paid 50 million suddenly, and then had to write another 10 episodes that had to be even funnier than the stuff on Season 2. I can see where the stress could come from. It's good he got help now, before it got worse.

Laver1969
05-16-2005, 09:50 AM
TIME magazine did an interview with Chappelle. Someone copy and pasted the article over in Beastie Free.

canucklehead200
05-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I just heard last night that dave chappelle's show has been cancelled, they're not going to be doing it anymore, and that dave is denying he's in a hospital getting care for depression or something, i don't have a direct source but i heard it on the radio last night :(

cj hood
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
i've been spending too much time in BF and my brain is fried....fuckin retards........so to direct attention to why we're actually here i'll share a little more about the beastie spot on the chapelle show........imagine this.......dave chapelle, the beastie boys and mmm on a yacht.......goin down the east river......doin 'open letter' and 'new style'.......dave adding the 'mmmmmmmmmm drop'.........it's gonna be unbelievable!!!!

NathanWind
05-17-2005, 09:35 PM
I think this is all a scheme

YoungRemy
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
i've been spending too much time in BF and my brain is fried....fuckin retards........so to direct attention to why we're actually here i'll share a little more about the beastie spot on the chapelle show........imagine this.......dave chapelle, the beastie boys and mmm on a yacht.......goin down the east river......doin 'open letter' and 'new style'.......dave adding the 'mmmmmmmmmm drop'.........it's gonna be unbelievable!!!!

I cant wait any longer!!what an episode this will be!!

get your shit together Chappelle!!

canucklehead200
05-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I cant wait any longer!!what an episode this will be!!

get your shit together Chappelle!!

once again i heard the other day that the show will announce its being cancelled most likely soon...but yah chappelle saying "DROP" would be dope on intergalactic

PaddyBoy
05-18-2005, 05:01 PM
once again i heard the other day that the show will announce its being cancelled most likely soon...but yah chappelle saying "DROP" would be dope on intergalactic

On The New Style, not the 'galactic. This stuff sounds great!

Laver1969
05-18-2005, 07:47 PM
once again i heard the other day that the show will announce its being cancelled most likely soon.

I hope this isn't the case. We need to get the footage of this Beastie appearance. It sounds classic, especially since they don't do The New Style very often.

canucklehead200
05-19-2005, 12:53 AM
I hope this isn't the case. We need to get the footage of this Beastie appearance. It sounds classic, especially since they don't do The New Style very often.

so they really did do the "new style" for sure?? that's very interesting, i woulda thought they would have done something new

Laver1969
05-19-2005, 02:44 PM
so they really did do the "new style" for sure?? that's very interesting, i woulda thought they would have done something new

According to cj's source they did The New Style. I remember they did New Style at the pre-pageant show in Mountain View, CA last June. And I don't think they played it very often this go 'round.

Burnout18
05-20-2005, 07:33 PM
According to cj's source they did The New Style. I remember they did New Style at the pre-pageant show in Mountain View, CA last June. And I don't think they played it very often this go 'round.

I saw them do it live.......ok so i heard there may not be any new chapelle in 05

kingcrimson024
05-20-2005, 08:53 PM
That mental ill shit is fake.
Hes coming back, but not before he laughs at all this hype.

GrndMasterRemix
05-20-2005, 09:43 PM
cool

instigator7022
05-22-2005, 10:13 PM
yes!

How funny would that be?!?!

CHiMmY BeAStIe!
05-24-2005, 04:10 PM
I think this is all a scheme
i think the word your looking for is scam or sham, as in fake, made-up, or lying.and if so...
That mental ill shit is fake.
Hes coming back, but not before he laughs at all this hype.

I would I agree with both of you as that has been my thought ever since i fisrt heard about him being lost as well as the hospital thing. but whatcha' gonna do? :confused:

CHiMmY BeAStIe!
05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
who cares if thats what you heard. He might want to be, who wouldn't, i think id be great too, doesnt mean id be good at it.
for one that would suck for obvious reasons because people would start liking the beasties and going to concerts and stuff just to see him and 2 he be super annoying and draw attention away form them to be center of attention, and 3 he proabably sucks.

beside Mix Master Mike is the greatest. i know it, you know it, the beasties know it, chapell knows it, everyone knows it.
Im sure chappell wasnt banned from the world dj competetion along with his friends due to lack of good competition.

...but you just can't beat Mix Master Mike! And on the 12th track [of Hello Nasty], the Lord spoketh, Mix Master Mike, what hath ye to say? And Mix Master repliedeth, "Goddamn that DJ made my day" I resteth my case......eth :D
well said.

cj hood
05-24-2005, 04:39 PM
i don't think this performance will see the light of day......

Laver1969
05-24-2005, 07:32 PM
If Chappelle's show never airs maybe the footage will leak. It would make a nice easter egg for the DVD...if that ever makes it to the shelves.

cj hood
05-24-2005, 07:52 PM
comedy central owns that footage, not the beasties....

jdawg77
05-30-2005, 09:20 PM
The show may be post-poned but his latest hr long stand up show is going to be aired Tuesday May 31st at 10pm EST!

ToucanSpam
05-30-2005, 09:21 PM
IS WAYNE BRADY GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH?

midzi
06-04-2005, 11:40 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/Chappell/petition.html ;)

cj hood
06-04-2005, 08:10 PM
my source tells me the seasons cancelled...

Darko
06-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Chappelle wants to do the 3rd season, Comedy Central wants to do the 3rd season, and so I think it will happen. Just don't expect it until 2006.

cj hood
06-07-2005, 12:05 PM
he did 2 announced shows in hollywood last week......maybe he's back!

Laver1969
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
he did 2 announced shows in hollywood last week......maybe he's back!

That's a good sign. *fingers crossed

YoungRemy
08-03-2005, 08:33 PM
my source tells me the seasons cancelled...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars.

" 'Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."

Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said.

"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. " 'Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/03/tv.chappelle.sshow.ap/

:( more bad news for the beastie boys fans

Laver1969
08-03-2005, 09:09 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars.

Thanks for the info YR. Maybe someday the Beastie performance will be leaked/shown/shared with us.

acamus
08-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Has anyone seen this?

Episode Features Special Guests Carson Daly, Wanda Sykes, David Alan Grier
and Mike D of the Beastie Boys

NEW YORK, June 30, 2003 -- Comedian Dave Chappelle takes his street-smart comedy to a whole new level in "The Best of Chappelle's Show . . . Volume 2 Mixtape," premiering Wednesday, July 16 at 10:30 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.
"The Best of Chappelle's Show . . . Volume 2 Mixtape" also airs on Wednesday, July 16 at 12:30 a.m., Saturday, July 19 at 1:30 a.m. and Sunday, July 20 at 9:00 p.m.

With help from Carson Daly and Wanda Sykes, Dave looks back at some of the funniest moments from the first season of "Chappelle's Show." The special episode features Chappelle in hilarious outtakes from the television miniseries hit "Roots," with Dave himself as Kunta Kinte. Dave finds the clues in R. Kelly's old videos that hint at his future sex scandals and in a segment called "Real Movies," Dave gives a down-and-dirty realistic look at what might have happened in the film "Pretty Woman." In "The Mad Real World," Chappelle imagines the chaos that would ensue if "The Real World" did a season with an all-black cast and one super white guy. Chappelle also does a hilarious portrayal of a white newscaster describing the chaos that ensues on the day that the African-American community receives a huge cash settlement for slavery reparations. He reports that in just one day, deliquent bills were being payed, stocks in chicken have risen sharply and 8,000 new record labels were started. Featured musical guest for the special is Mike D from the Beastie Boys.

"Chappelle's Show" takes Chappelle's own personal joke book and brings it to life, with episodes consisting of sketches, man-on-the-street pieces and pop culture parodies introduced by Dave in a stand-up format in front of a studio audience. Chappelle's unique point-of-view on the world provides an outrageous, defiant and sometimes dangerous look at American culture, including music, movies, television, advertising, current events and everyday life situations.

"Chappelle's Show" was created by Dave Chappelle and Neal Brennan who, along with Michelle Armour, serve as the executive producers. Jessi Klein and Lou Wallach are the executives in charge of production for COMEDY CENTRAL.

COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 82 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL is a registered trademark of Comedy Partners. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is http://www.comedycentral.com.

cj hood
08-04-2005, 07:35 AM
mike was on for 2 seconds....he said he wants to get Tron in the studio.......anway it's to bad........i guess it's to late to get this performance and put it on the dvd......start buggin Comedy Central now!!!

Laver1969
08-04-2005, 03:48 PM
start buggin Comedy Central now!!!

Yes...good idea. Yauch: Blow out your candles and call Comedy Central!