PDA

View Full Version : George Drakoulias resurfaces?

Brother McDuff
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
So, we all know that classic line at the very end of "Stop That Train"; the one right before that sick breakbeat comes in to finish out the song. For those of you who don't remember, let me jog your memory:

"From the station, to orange julius,
I brought a hot dog, from who?, George Drakoulias!"

Well, I was watching a late night running of the new "Starsky and Hutch" starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson last night. The movie ends, and as I'm turning my head to grab the remote, a name on the screen catches my eye:

Music Supervisor
George Drakoulias

Hmmm. Interesting. Turns out on iMDB.com he has music supervision credits for other movies as well including "Wonderland", "Dodgeball", and "Zoolander" among others. So that brings me to the point here: is this the same George Drakoulias? I mean, I know that George Drakoulias is a real common name and all [sarcasm], but seriously, anyone got any info?

lionelcrush
05-02-2005, 02:53 PM
yea he used to be a hod dog salesman in like 88 89 then he started working in movies

cj hood
05-02-2005, 03:04 PM
he started def american with rubin back in the day...

betaband
05-02-2005, 06:34 PM
dude was also around in the early days, he knew rick rubin from NYU. jesus man, to know those guys in the day and maybe just helping out from time to time and all of sudden your releasing the future of hip hop. insane!

Laver1969
05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
I've always wondered about Georgie D. Thanks for the knowledge guys.