PDA

View Full Version : When You Comin' Out With That New DVD?

John Ryall
05-03-2005, 06:52 PM
...and will it spread love in society! :confused:

Feel free to release this thing anytime now! After all, it's been how many months since the MSG show?

What's the lastest on this and don't redirect me to some other previous thread! I don't spend my whole life on here -- I just want an answer!

wavin_goodbye
05-03-2005, 06:57 PM
we all do ... and there is no latest. official word is that "they're editing it"

.. im guessing november-ish

laurie_hammy
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Editing Editing Editing *sigh* hahaha nah im willing to wait its gonna be awsome, do ya think it will be in Shops ? Like local music shops ? I live in Australia by the way

rakked
05-05-2005, 07:55 AM
I was at the MSG show and would love to see this DVD, but I think we need to come to the realization that this may not happen. Major motion pictures are made in less time. It's clearly not a priority.

YoungRemy
05-05-2005, 08:23 AM
since when did everyone become experts on how long it takes to make a major motion picture??

"Phone Booth" was shot in November 2000, not released until March 2003...

"Waiting For Guffman" Writer/director Christopher Guest spent a year and a half editing almost 60 hours of footage with editor Andy Blumenthal to come up with the final cut for the film.

"Don't Look Back" is a famous documentary covering Bob Dylan's tour of England in Spring 1965. The movie wasnt released until September 1967.

Shot on Thanksgiving 1976 at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, Ca., Martin Scorsese's "The Last Waltz"( a documentary covering The Band's last concert) wasnt released until April 1978

not to mention how long it took Michael Moore to put together his documentaries

it might not be in 2005, but it is in the works. have some faith people, it'll happen

Burnout18
05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
we all do ... and there is no latest. official word is that "they're editing it"

.. im guessing november-ish

YoungRemy
05-05-2005, 08:51 AM
TBD 2005-2006 is what the link says now , sorry for those who want instant gratification

Laver1969
05-05-2005, 02:20 PM
TBD 2005-2006 is what the link says now , sorry for those who want instant gratification

It's a well known fact that the guys do things when they want to. They take their time and do it right. And yes...sometimes things get shelved. But that's life as a Beastie fan.

rakked
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
since when did everyone become experts on how long it takes to make a major motion picture??

Who's claiming to be an expert? Your list of delayed films is pointless. The real point is that if you think someone's been showing up to the editing room to work on this every day since the MSG concert your nuts.

YoungRemy
05-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Who's claiming to be an expert? Your list of delayed films is pointless. The real point is that if you think someone's been showing up to the editing room to work on this every day since the MSG concert your nuts.

you are the one claiming to know how long a motion picture takes to edit, and you're not the only one, the point is, it takes more than a year sometimes, get over it...

rakked
05-05-2005, 08:28 PM
you are the one claiming to know how long a motion picture takes to edit, and you're not the only one, the point is, it takes more than a year sometimes, get over it...
Get over what?

YoungRemy
05-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Get over what?

rakked, talk to me when the DVD is released

MarkedCube
05-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Well, its a concert DVD. I don't think it would take that long to release. Since it is taking a while, it might just be more then just a concert. I'm pretty sure it'll have tons of cool extras from the entire tour and behind the scenes look at things. Just look at the DVD Anthology, thats a awesome DVD filled with remixes and so many alternate angles for the videos on there. On the brightside, we all have something to look foward to.

Kid Presentable
05-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Would the beats MMM drops in songs have to be cleared as samples?

Would the group have to pay any sort of royalty for reproducing somebody elses work in part?

Legal-heads?

anthony
05-07-2005, 04:53 AM
New DVD cant wait, better get it out know so we can keep going with the B-Boy Flow! U Know, for the 30yr. old fools and up!
SO STICK EM UP!!!

kidlofty
05-07-2005, 07:33 AM
...and speaking of DVD, how 'bout a DVD-audio version of the 5 buroughs? it's easily the most sonically precise album to date, and would lend itself perfectly to the hi-fi media. not to mention how ill they could get w/ the surround sound possibilities. FUGETABOUTIT!
so consider this an official request: yo b-boys, bum rush the DVD-A!!!

Laver1969
05-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Would the beats MMM drops in songs have to be cleared as samples?

Would the group have to pay any sort of royalty for reproducing somebody elses work in part?

Legal-heads?

I wondered this too. But MTV2 aired the 2$Bill show and MMM had lots of samples in there. So my guess is that "live performances" falls into a separate category.

icy manipulator
05-07-2005, 09:07 PM
what's the dvd actually meant to be of? TT5B or something? And Why the fuck didn't they put any of the flim clips from LTI on the anthology dvd? So so dissappointed at that (n)

Laver1969
05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
what's the dvd actually meant to be of? TT5B or something?

Madison Square Garden concert...maybe more.

icy manipulator
05-07-2005, 09:52 PM
best

laurie_hammy
05-08-2005, 12:09 AM
I reckon they might add on the TT5B's filmclips. Check it out, right right now now, triple trouble, open letter and maybe even Rhyme The Rhyme Well, by the way is that filmclip any good ? Would be good if they added the filmclips.

laurie_hammy
05-08-2005, 12:11 AM
I reckon they might add on the TT5B's filmclips. Check it out, right right now now, triple trouble, open letter and maybe even Rhyme The Rhyme Well, by the way is that filmclip any good ? Would be good if they added the filmclips.

And there also maybe differant camera angles and remix's of these filmclips ? Who knows, but that would be good because ya can see that there is differant angles on the filmclips. I love changin the angles and busting the remix's on Anthology.

dave790
05-08-2005, 05:53 AM
I wondered this too. But MTV2 aired the 2$Bill show and MMM had lots of samples in there. So my guess is that "live performances" falls into a separate category.

that's a bit different though, cos the the dvd will be released by the boys rather than being broadcasted and owned by mtv2...it'll be interesting to see though.

i had this whole idea which i thought was cool, and that is that the main feature is the msg gig, but during playback of the songs you can switch say the sure shot performance in new york over to the wembley one and so on...i think people may see this as pointless but for diehard fans it'd be really cool.

obviously the video's from TT5B would be really cool (CCIO, CCIO Just Blaze Cut, AOLTNYC, TT, RTRW, RRNN), and maybe some interviews and various bonus footage (say some of the mtv award appearences). i know thats asking alot but it'd be nice to round up this chapter of the boys career nicely, and if anyone could put out something as stylish and beasties-packed shit as this they can (y)

and yeah various camera angles too! the way i see it is the longer it takes the better it'll be...they take their time cos i know it'll be worth it.

dave

Micodin
05-08-2005, 07:27 AM
New DVD cant wait, better get it out know so we can keep going with the B-Boy Flow! U Know, for the 30yr. old fools and up!
SO STICK EM UP!!!

Best post ever!

Taco Zip
05-09-2005, 12:55 AM
I remembered the MSG show was shot with 100 camera's or so, they asked fans to do so.
Last week I figured what could be the reason behind that amount of cams. Remember the matrix-like effect in the RRNN video? It takes many camera's to create that effect of camera flying around.
So maybe the new dvd will be fully loaded with this effect. Let's hope so, cause i loved that.

ILLMIX
08-08-2005, 05:10 AM
that effect is getting old now, i would expect the BBoys to do something totally new.

poutine
08-08-2005, 05:57 AM
I remembered the MSG show was shot with 100 camera's or so, they asked fans to do so.
Last week I figured what could be the reason behind that amount of cams. Remember the matrix-like effect in the RRNN video? It takes many camera's to create that effect of camera flying around.
So maybe the new dvd will be fully loaded with this effect. Let's hope so, cause i loved that.

That would be hot, but they might have done this, so we can use the "angle" button on our dvd players. Like on the criterion dvd when we could see 4 different angles on the Three MC's video. Maybe they just used like a 100 different cameras because maybe only 5 or 6 of those shots will be useable. Or maybe they wanted different angles for different songs. Which could be why Yauch is taking so long making this dvd up! :p just playing Yauch.
Just speculation, I don't really know.

phade1
08-08-2005, 07:04 AM

Feel free to release this thing anytime now! After all, it's been how many months since the MSG show?

What's the lastest on this and don't redirect me to some other previous thread! I don't spend my whole life on here -- I just want an answer!

WOW TALK ABOUT BOSSY!!! RELAX, YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WAITING FOR THE DVD.

Hey Beasties, when's the next album gonna come out? And don't give me some bullshit answer I don't have time for your crap. I bought one of your CD's you owe me big time, just give me an answer now!

Weezman
08-08-2005, 09:17 AM

Its not like its your waiting to get laid for the 1st time? Patience!

It'll happen? :p

Brother McDuff
08-08-2005, 11:36 AM
I think it's quite obvious that the boys are taking their time and saving the release for a later date. If you notice any promotional patterns, artists tend to span out their releases in order to balance out their exposure and time. Last year was a big year for them, work wise, and exposure wise; a new album, a tour, tons of interviews, etc. So it wouldn't be surprising if they waited to release the DVD for a little bit to pace their release schedule out. No rush, though, I mean that's even better for us as fans; I'd rather get a dope, perfected Beastie release once every 2-3 years, than get a whole chunk in a one year span and then have to wait 5 or 6 more years for any sign of life.

cj hood
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
the reason it's taking so long is cuz yauch is carefully going through the tv thread to pick out some things to put on the dvd........

Kid Presentable
08-08-2005, 07:32 PM
the reason it's taking so long is cuz yauch is carefully going through the tv thread to pick out some things to put on the dvd........

w3rd to that!