PDA

View Full Version : Netty's Girl Melbourne 02/02/05

Slick Daddy
05-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I just heard they played it, but not the whole song. Could someone who saw it describe what it was like and how the crowd reacted?

Thx

Documad
05-08-2005, 07:18 PM
What I remember is that I was standing in front and to the right. It was a loose and silly show all the way around. Some guys near me started screaming repeatedly in unison but you couldn't hear what they were screaming. Adrock stopped everything and came over and asked them to scream together on the count of 3. They were screaming "Netty's Girl." Mike fooled around, and started it a few times -- sometimes at full volume but with some kind of under his breath. Pockets of hardcore fans went insane, and I remember turning to RancidBeasties like "did that just happen?", but the Melbourne crowd was very young and so I think it frankly confused most of them. (I'm sure they were also confused by the dedication of Mike's fresh finger to various members of Minton's family. :D )

Mcmac would be your best source on this because he posted something about taping.

Mcmac
05-09-2005, 02:01 AM
errr not again :mad:

i will be happy to post the mp3 of nettys girl if someone can upload it to their site or sumtin. So i will send it to sum1 who will post it up.

and what happend is yer adrock asked the guys what they were yelling so they screamed out nettys girl...and then adrock was like ooo nettys girl... and then mike sang some of it and then he was like "so what we doing now" and mca and adrock were like "umm ur still singing nettys girl" and hes like "yer haha" and there like "no we are seriouse your still singing it" and then he sang more...i was like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: because i new they had never done it in concert before

minton
05-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Yep. Only in Melbourne. What a great city.

Mcmac
05-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Yep. Only in Melbourne. What a great city.

modest arnt we? :rolleyes: ;)

Documad
05-09-2005, 07:06 AM
They also have the best sandwiches in the world in Melbourne. They should put that in the tourist books.

icy manipulator
05-11-2005, 05:09 AM
yeah melbourne's mad, you guys have the formula 1 down there...........BASTARDS!

laurie_hammy
05-11-2005, 08:23 PM
what a night that was ;)

zorra_chiflada
05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
can i just say that i love melbourne. what a great city! i really felt very comfortable there, and the people were so friendly and stuff. i'm definitely moving there when i have some money. (y)

minton
05-12-2005, 01:00 AM
The overall consenus view is that Melbourne is great. Take that, TPK. He doesn't like it here because we "don't have enough palm trees".

SuckerMC
05-12-2005, 02:50 AM
yeah it was sorta like a break, and i was chattin wit my crew, and heard hey there georgie girl... and i stopped and looked up, but they were just laughing and stopped what they were doing....
im glad they didnt sing it though, because it would have wasted valuable time they needed for the other real songs. keep in mind there is no dissing of nettys girl, its just that in terms of entertainment, sure shot does it for me much more!

bomb concert though, and yes melbourne is da best place to live in the world!!
props go out to melbournians!! (y)