PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Boutique Vinyl

dave790
05-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Alrite,

I seached but couldn't find anything on the board, so sorry to start a thread and all about this if there's already one but i was just curious to know...

Is the Paul's vinyl quite rare? Only I've come across a chance to purchase it, and it'd probs sway me a little more if i knew it weren't that easy to come by. I'll probs get in anyway, but any details on how many were pressed or if it's single vinyl ect would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys and girls (y)

Parkey
05-08-2005, 06:06 PM
The UK version?

Documad
05-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Other people here know a lot more than I. I have my old copy (I guess it's a 4-sleeve gatefold or something) that I played the shit out of.

PB vinyl seems to be for sale on ebay all the time. I've never noticed one going for much money. PB was rereleased in 1998 I think, and lots of ebay sellers say they've got a sealed one so I'm assuming they're the rereleased ones.

Beastiemania.com has photos and info on all the Beastie vinyl, which I how I knew there was a rerelease.

Fade2White
05-08-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah i dont think its that rare, even though it was overlooked by the media and the public for no god damn reason. its an awesome disco compatico.

mikizee
05-09-2005, 03:32 AM
pauls boutique huh?
if your gonna get a copy, try to get the original press- the 4 panel gatefold limited edition. the copy i got was bought 2 days after release, and ive only taken it out of the plastic twice :) i loove it. ive got another cheap reissue when i wanna listen to it. so yeah. ebays the way.

Mcmac
05-09-2005, 03:41 AM
pauls boutique is extremly NOT rare....

it is probably the easiest bboy record to find if not one of the easiest hip hop records ever to find....

i could go to my city alone and get atleast 30 copies..

Sir SkratchaLot
05-09-2005, 08:23 AM
There are different presses.

The original press is actually not that easy to come by. Its on the capital label. I don't know what it sells for now but it used to go for $50-60 on eBay if it was in mint condition. The original is single vinyl and has the 4 panel (8 if you count front and back) fold out. A lot of times you'll see it but it will have cut-outs and whatnot that fuck up the cover.

The album was pressed in U.K. for quite some time in a single vinyl version that only has a gatefold sleave (no huge panaramic fold out). That one is easy to find. This one is also on the capital label.

Not too long ago Grand Royal put out a re-pressed version of Paul's (along with a bunch of other older beasties records). The Grand Royal repress has the 4/8 panel cover but is on double vinyl instead of single vinyl. This is the version that sounds best. These may be selling for more now that Grand Royal went defunct.

dave790
05-09-2005, 12:01 PM
thanks for the info.

i was just wandering cos i couldn't find it on amazon or anything so i thought it was kinda hard to come buy. my mates sorted me out with a copy he came across on ebay, not too sure which one it is though. i was hoping for the original limited uk pressing with the 8-way foldout thing, but i'm not too hopeful atm!