PDA

View Full Version : Collaborations???

icy manipulator
05-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Here's a question.... who would you guys wanna see the beastie boys collaborate with on a song? And whats the weirdest collaboration you can think of to go with the beastie boys????

This should be entertaining

MarkedCube
05-11-2005, 07:50 AM
I think the one person they will most likely collaborate on a future lp is Kanye West. He was at end of the Triple Trouble video and also introduced them before their performance of "Open Letter to NYC" on the MTV European awards.

boys_beastie
05-11-2005, 10:01 AM
i think they shouold collaborate with beck. i know for a fact that beck sampled the drum beat from so wat'cha want for e-pro and that probably not the only sampling thats been done.i vote a beck collaboration.hes ace :D (y)

betaband
05-11-2005, 11:06 AM
they should do more collaborations and guest on other peoples tracks, so they constantly stay with whats fresh and exciting. these guys are at a risk of becoming an island and losing touch with new music, and i hate to say it, releasing an album that will be kind of irrelevant. i know they've done callabros in the past and fair play to them, but i want to see horovitz or some shit show up on an indie rap single, something from rjd2, the quannum folk, jurassic, def jux, fuck even eastern conference, they've been biting the beasties style for years.

hotzappa11
05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
beck, they did Posse In Effect with him live from a bootleg i found.

ToucanSpam
05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Linkin Park :rolleyes:

FAN of ADROCK
05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
i think they shouold collaborate with beck. i know for a fact that beck sampled the drum beat from so wat'cha want for e-pro and that probably not the only sampling thats been done.i vote a beck collaboration.hes ace :D (y)

amen, this would be awesome (y)

icy manipulator
05-12-2005, 08:41 AM
does anyone know the name of the song that Mike D and Adrock did with De La Soul on De la's first Art Official Intelligence album???

dirtydan11
05-12-2005, 02:15 PM
does anyone know the name of the song that Mike D and Adrock did with De La Soul on De la's first Art Official Intelligence album???
Squat

dirtydan11
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM
I want to know if they ended up recording a track for the RUN-DMC album, Crown Royal. They were supposed to be on that album but sadly it didn't happen.
As for killer collabs, I would say Bad Brains for sure. Especially since Yauch is producing their new record.
Other collabs should be Le Tigre, Public Enemy, JurraSICK 5, Dust Bros.(again, I know), Fugazi, Fifty Cent (just joking), The Gorillas (if they are finished then just DEL), Pootytang, and Tom Green. Yes Tom Green is putting out a new album produced by the Dust Brothers.

dave790
05-12-2005, 02:31 PM
next record they should do a two disc thing. one with themselves and maybe mario c or someone, and another with loadsa collaborations with various people...just to see what it's like. hell why not a 3rd disc, instrumentals, and they can fit in some hardcore shit across all three...

yes i'm dreaming, but it's a very nice dream!

ericg
05-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I think a dope collaboration might be with an old 80's rock&roll band, I'd have to really think about it, but maybe like.. Fleetwood Mac or damnit what his name... it's on the tip of my tounge.. ahhh SNL's 50th... But then again, that was just for that time I guess.. I da' know. Anyway, the Beastie Boys do what they do best. and know what's up and all 'at...! I can think of some far out stuff that would have to be done on like the highest level... Like absolutely crazy sane real. But there's a point to where the world is not ready or prepared enough for it, ya know?? What a shame. It's complicated.. for here, so I digress. They're triple touble and collaborate well only to satisfy and justify a/ the greater good, so to speak... you know, turn it out right, like due omni-time. Oh, check this. They should hook up with a straight up Jewish jazz group... genius they are. I knew of one along time ago that aired on PBS, but can't remember. Sad. Or maybe not. I'm just thinkin' aloud on the board. But they've pretty much distanced themselves obviously and for damn good reason. They are simply the best when it comes down to it. So collaboration, not likely or seriously really.... Who will prove themselves next...? Oh, Fatboy Slim of course....! There's so many... We'll see! Have as much faith as... That's my .02$.

But you know me.. SSHhhhI'd like to see a live show with DMB and/ or 311!!! And just break down all the barriers. Maybe even Pearl Jam or Radiohead just for kicks, shits & giggles. Maybe Kos.

But I can't really say... only watch out.

ericg
05-12-2005, 04:31 PM
... Elvis Costello.

The Chemical Brothers.
Groove Armada.
POE

Now I'm just...
How 'bout a special Adam Sander and/ or Jimmy Fallon comedy cd makin' fun of the world.. like seriously!

mark182frmParis
05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Omg what about blink-182!!it would be amazing, travis and tom said that the beastie were the guys they wanted the most to collaborate with

ericg
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
How 'bout Britney Spears?

ericg
05-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Paula Abdul or Mos Def
Ooh ooh Q-tip again.
Or the Biz.

ericg
05-12-2005, 04:53 PM
BS 2000

ericg
05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Tibetan Monks
C3PO R2D2
Julie Andrews
The Cranberries
Michael Jackson
Paul McCartney
The Blues Brothers

dirtydan11
05-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I think a dope collaboration might be with an old 80's rock&roll band, I'd have to really think about it, but maybe like.. Fleetwood Mac or damnit what his name... it's on the tip of my tounge.. ahhh SNL's 50th... But then again, that was just for that time I guess.. I da' know. Anyway, the Beastie Boys do what they do best. and know what's up and all 'at...! I can think of some far out stuff that would have to be done on like the highest level... Like absolutely crazy sane real. But there's a point to where the world is not ready or prepared enough for it, ya know?? What a shame. It's complicated.. for here, so I digress. They're triple touble and collaborate well only to satisfy and justify a/ the greater good, so to speak... you know, turn it out right, like due omni-time. Oh, check this. They should hook up with a straight up Jewish jazz group... genius they are. I knew of one along time ago that aired on PBS, but can't remember. Sad. Or maybe not. I'm just thinkin' aloud on the board. But they've pretty much distanced themselves obviously and for damn good reason. They are simply the best when it comes down to it. So collaboration, not likely or seriously really.... Who will prove themselves next...? Oh, Fatboy Slim of course....! There's so many... We'll see! Have as much faith as... That's my .02$.

But you know me.. SSHhhhI'd like to see a live show with DMB and/ or 311!!! And just break down all the barriers. Maybe even Pearl Jam or Radiohead just for kicks, shits & giggles. Maybe Kos.

But I can't really say... only watch out.

looks like someone's been mixing the Bass Ale with the Guiness Stout :eek:

ericg
05-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Hardy har.
It's maybe more like a Long Island for ya. I went overboard but the waters fine.. really

NoI'mClarence
05-12-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah from that idea...Start out a song with the beastie boys doin "so wat'cha want" and then after they are done, have it go right into "e-pro" with the drums always goin

beastiedan
05-12-2005, 06:09 PM
am i the only one who thinks a calabo at this stage of their career would seem like a gimick????

sjp
05-12-2005, 07:46 PM
dj kayslay, Q-Unique, Lil Jon ultimate party right there, and Bone Thugs- see my friends favorite rap group come together with mine would be tight.

BeastieRunner
05-12-2005, 08:46 PM
am i the only one who thinks a calabo at this stage of their career would seem like a gimick????

I second that notion.

dirtydan11
05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
they've actually done quite a few already. search for the thread that attempts to list them all.

Burnout18
05-12-2005, 09:28 PM
i would like a collab with zach de la roche, talib kweli or common.

or how bout mike jones and paul wall? yea?

Kid Presentable
05-12-2005, 10:51 PM
they've actually done quite a few already. search for the thread that attempts to list them all.

The person you are addressing is aware of that.

icy manipulator
05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
i would like a collab with zach de la roche, talib kweli or common.

or how bout mike jones and paul wall? yea?

Fuck yes, zach de la rocha, fuck yeah, he's already done a song with KRS ONE and Mass Emperor, not to mention Roni Size, i could see the beasties and zach doing an anti bush song or something along the lines of that

ps, has anyone else heard that song Zach's done with KRS ONE and mass emperor? i highly recommend it

Burnout18
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
ps, has anyone else heard that song Zach's done with KRS ONE and mass emperor? i highly recommend it

is that song called "CIA" cause i think i heard it.

keith peace
05-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Don't cha remember Mike Watt "ball hog or tug boat"
Mike D & Ad Rock
(y) (y) Mike D singing "E ticket ride"
ya ya'll

icy manipulator
05-15-2005, 12:10 AM

yeah CIA Criminals in Action, it's the shit

fansince87
05-15-2005, 09:04 AM
I think all of the responses thus far have stayed too far within the realms of reality. Let's really let Imagination and Creativity loose from their bounds and give true genius a chance to work (or you could read my post).

Licensed to Impulsively Break out in Song

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice if they want to jump on the annoying Hip Hop/Broadway Musical crap that plays on the radio. If Gwen Stefani can sing a song from Fiddler on the Roof, why can't the Boys sing/rap something from Annie (oh wait, that's already been done). Will "Beastie Boy Superstar" ever make it to the Top 40? :confused:

The Redneck Negotiation Limerick File
Nelly and Tim McGraw had a huge hit with Over and Over... maybe the boys can collaborate with Toby Keith. That would be interesting. They are at opposite ends of the ideological pole, could they negotiate, or would Keith just try to put a "boot up their ass" during the entire time. I smell a hit with "Gotta me some New President (Do not... you liberal geeks, do too, redneck)" :eek:

Polka Boutique
Oh hell, I don't know any polka musicians, but you get the idea. :rolleyes: When the "Chicken Dance (because you're not going to KFC)" starts playing, the place starts jumping, and pecking.

This Highway is Hell, An Ode to the LIE
Time to rock out loud with AC/DC... actually that might sound pretty good, I really like both of them. (lb)

SILVERBEASTIE
05-16-2005, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't mind them doing something with Ice Cube, after all, he's old skool, he'd be pretty much on the same page.

boys_beastie
05-16-2005, 03:50 PM
IM GOING TO SEE DE LA SOUL TOMOZ! d^.^b

afrika bambaataa. :D (y) bad brains/soul brains would be cool, but didnt yauch already have a band with HR? brooklyn or something.

Jay_V
05-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Some good suggestions. I am going to try not to mention names I already saw but what about Pharcyde. I know Mike D. And Ad Rock were in one of their Videos.
KRS-One would be another good one.
Would not mind seeing Premier produce a song or two on their next album.
Maybe Rancid.. i know they played Yauch's wedding.
Kayne i can def see happen. i know someone mentioned that but i know they like him. What about Common?

Club Molecule
05-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Although its now no longer possible, I think it would have been great to have the Beasties collaborate with ODB. Especially the Paul's Boutique era nasty Beasties. That would have been fantastic! Can you imagine how funny the lyrics would be?

P.T.B.A.I.
05-16-2005, 07:08 PM
The Saddle Club, of course.

"Hello world... this is me... [If you don't like it then hey fuck you!]"

Nygel
05-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Gorillaz
mc chris (unrealistic, but would be ammusing)
Beck of course (ive talked alot with beck fans and theyd be down with that too)
MIA (unrealistic, and wrong)
nYgel (hes coming up.....)

Fade2White
05-16-2005, 08:31 PM
The Chemical Brothers is a hell of an idea whoever posted that... I guarentee we'll get one with Fabolous soon because he gets his voice on anything thats on the radio...Jay-Z and beasties NYC finest would be pretty damn disgusting but Toothpick the beastie boys would make for a good song... The full respect of the bone thugs idea

steve-onpoint
05-17-2005, 03:17 AM
beastie boys and steve-onpoint should collab. no doubt. (!)

icy manipulator
05-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Some good suggestions. I am going to try not to mention names I already saw but what about Pharcyde. I know Mike D. And Ad Rock were in one of their Videos.
KRS-One would be another good one.
Would not mind seeing Premier produce a song or two on their next album.
Maybe Rancid.. i know they played Yauch's wedding.
Kayne i can def see happen. i know someone mentioned that but i know they like him. What about Common?

Yeah KRS ONE for sure.

maybe even Jurrassic 5 too. cant think of any other west coast acts i like besides them

icy manipulator
05-17-2005, 05:10 AM
I think all of the responses thus far have stayed too far within the realms of reality. Let's really let Imagination and Creativity loose from their bounds and give true genius a chance to work (or you could read my post).

Licensed to Impulsively Break out in Song

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice if they want to jump on the annoying Hip Hop/Broadway Musical crap that plays on the radio. If Gwen Stefani can sing a song from Fiddler on the Roof, why can't the Boys sing/rap something from Annie (oh wait, that's already been done). Will "Beastie Boy Superstar" ever make it to the Top 40? :confused:

The Redneck Negotiation Limerick File
Nelly and Tim McGraw had a huge hit with Over and Over... maybe the boys can collaborate with Toby Keith. That would be interesting. They are at opposite ends of the ideological pole, could they negotiate, or would Keith just try to put a "boot up their ass" during the entire time. I smell a hit with "Gotta me some New President (Do not... you liberal geeks, do too, redneck)" :eek:

Polka Boutique
Oh hell, I don't know any polka musicians, but you get the idea. :rolleyes: When the "Chicken Dance (because you're not going to KFC)" starts playing, the place starts jumping, and pecking.

Time to rock out loud with AC/DC... actually that might sound pretty good, I really like both of them. (lb)

When i started this post i was wondering how long it'd be before someone got created :D 32 posts, not too bad

Congradulations man, you're the first to break on thru

dave790
05-17-2005, 03:03 PM
a tune with cypress could be cool, it could get them back on the right page anyway!

steve-onpoint
05-17-2005, 06:49 PM

hey... i agree

NeuroticPassion
05-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Le Tigre and Beasties... thatd definately be extreme.. and PAUL WALL hell yes to that. are they working on a new album though...?

icy manipulator
05-18-2005, 07:07 AM

lol, dont think anyone else agrees mate (n)

Jay Stone
05-18-2005, 08:35 AM
MF DOOM on the beat and him and the Boys on the mic...
Hotness...

Ali Spama
05-18-2005, 08:42 AM
How about a collaboration with better beats and music for a new album?

steve-onpoint
05-18-2005, 09:00 AM
lol, dont think anyone else agrees mate (n)

yeah they do. didn't they tell you? :rolleyes:

steve-onpoint
05-18-2005, 09:07 AM

that could be fun.

Junker
05-18-2005, 02:26 PM

What about that song with Chuck D, Zac and someone else called "Burn Hollywood, Burn".....thats a fucking song........

About the thread. I always wanted to see Beastie Boys and Rage Against together. That would be classic!!

And the weirdest collab that I cant think of is Beastie Boys + Rick Martin :D

Parkey
05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Bjork and Dizzee Rascal.

ericg
05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
You know, just doin' shows together... KRS One... that's thinkin' seriously!!! Other good ones here too. Let me throw in Tone Loc just because.. Paperboy, and just me myself and I. Afrika B sounds good! Maybe it's time for the Dust Brothers again. Indie Arie would even...

I just know that their next album is going to be miraculous as usual... so grrrrrreat... better than ever!!!! Whether MMM is on it, or if it's like a punk sound synthesized resonance like one of their songs I heard years ago on the radio but was never able to find out what it was. It was great! You know they're going to have to break out with the most classic culmination/ consumation (sounds like Emancipation Proclamation) of all time. :D I mean, even the person most with it isn't... it's all up to like... the Beasties got it... I love it.

Perhaps each of the three form an allstar cast and hook it all up. All out. You know, cut the bad links and keep the truest. It's hard, but can be natural. Or they could mix the music business with the real world... literally, like stock Benign Energy... bring back the Constitution in no uncertain terms... like only they can! You know, unroll it, unwrap it. Complete break down in order to rebuild... refurbish it... with everybody involuntarily involved if need. Talk about a real move. I suppose they perhaps might already be ahead of me there...

Time to let people know the space station's still up there keepin' time. The applications are limitless already... I'm just saying they got old school with it and made the "blue print" here last... Now they can do anything... again... for the people... of the whole world! I'm grinnin' 'cause the Beastie's like figured man out to be > ever done or imagined. They went and appreciated the human race... by showing our 3rd eye the 3 dimensions so well. Metaphysical faith. Wow, but I digress.

Ok. another cup for me. "...Back to life..." They could produce a whole soundtrack to a movie that ultimately and truly imitates life in terms of logistics. Like where people stand when it really comes down to it in no uncertain terms like, with cornerstones... Like we all should know.... the chain reactions around the world in real time... even giving the movie alternate endings to show people how it could/ should be... Um, most importantly though of course, be a functional... like so real, even right after the movie, people will have a solid way/ conduit to real change. Like a Michael Moore movie but with a... real set up so the common citizen can go sign on like we really do have the key... be at the forefront with the simplest and correct solution plain to see by the... Give it all base. A home base again. Practical. Um. Like here's the petition or whatever... integral to... links... to unite... simple so no fronts or feigns with impotent journalism running on fault lines... Nation's accountability for good reason... it takes everything because it's for everything like... a way to change up for good all thought out and concieved by the best human minds and professionals (legal, economic, some fresh kids etc...) in a room somewhere that spells it out digestable and simple to follow... Certain goals... Within the law that would eventually make way and get around to grounding the Constitution... etc... Put stock where it belongs... Impeach and indict for starters.. etc... You know...!!!! The noblest movie ever made. Like Common Sense... or thread that... what was the name of the booklet that changed the Civil War written by one of Lincoln's collegues, maybe Franklin or... Anyway, there's an idea. It would be a series and show exactly what happens.. A documentary like... But you know, dope to watch the word taken up... actual macro substance... deliberated. Then it all would be worth your while. C? Dues paid, resources utilized efficiently, restoration and reconstruction all around... a new era true to the best of human history... on and on... Make it reality. Just a seed in the mind. I'm just sayin'...

That's it that's all.

cubsfirstplace
05-18-2005, 04:47 PM
kanye west or eminem

icy manipulator
05-19-2005, 06:08 AM
What about that song with Chuck D, Zac and someone else called "Burn Hollywood, Burn".....thats a fucking song........

About the thread. I always wanted to see Beastie Boys and Rage Against together. That would be classic!!

And the weirdest collab that I cant think of is Beastie Boys + Rick Martin :D

yeah, RATM and beastie's would be awesome, especially considering they're my 2 favourite bands, i can never decide which i like more

as for the Chuck D and Zack song, i wouldn't be able to tell you what it is, but i remember when PE played in Brisbane in 2003, chuck d go's "this next song is dedicated to a band from Los Angeles California, known as....... RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!! Prolly the most delightful thing that happened in their set and it sure as hell got the crowd pumping!

People tell me that the beasties and PE pretty much made RATM, does anyone know if this is true?

icy manipulator
05-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Beasties and Ricky Martin - Illing the viva loca???

Junker
05-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Beasties and Ricky Martin - Illing the viva loca???

hahahaha..... Illing the vida loca woul be nice :D :D

And icy, about that song I was talking about, I've found this

Bamboozled: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2000 Film)
Burned Hollywood Burned - Chuck D, Zac De La rocha and The Roots (but I think is Black Thought who sings together with them)

About your question: I think they had a huge influence over RATM. Beastie Boys in music style and PE in the revolutionary thing. Do you remember a song that Zac calls Chuck D on stage and says that PE is one of the fathers of revolutionary music? The song is called "Zapata´s Blood"

PS: RATM and Beastie Boys are my 2 favorite bands too

icy manipulator
05-19-2005, 06:51 AM
yeah i know the song, zapata's blood, i'm sure it's on either the battle of mexico city or live at the grand olympic auditorium dvd, but i cant remember and references to chuck d. Hmm i think you've enticed me to watch them again, oh and junnker, if you're 2 favourite bands are beasties and RATM, you have a FUCKING awesome taste in music (y)

ps, yeah i really never noticed until the PE concert how political they were. At the end of the set Flavour Flav talked to the crowd for about 10 mins getting put their fists in the air and chant stuff like peace and unity together gives you power. So mad

Junker
05-19-2005, 08:18 AM
oh and junnker, if you're 2 favourite bands are beasties and RATM, you have a FUCKING awesome taste in music (y)

ps, yeah i really never noticed until the PE concert how political they were. At the end of the set Flavour Flav talked to the crowd for about 10 mins getting put their fists in the air and chant stuff like peace and unity together gives you power. So mad

Well icy, your taste in music is FUCKING awesome too..... :D (y)

And like James Brown, Afrika Bambaataa and Flavor Flav once said:

"PEACE, UNITY, LOVE and HAVIN' FUN"

icy manipulator
05-19-2005, 10:16 PM
what can i say junker, you're the master of the obvious, lol (y)

Junker
05-20-2005, 05:56 AM
what can i say junker, you're the master of the obvious, lol (y)

LOL (y)

icy, back to your thread. I just thought another collab that would be fucking great too (although kinda different)

Beastie Boys + The Pixies

icy manipulator
05-30-2005, 06:19 AM
junker man, just letting you know my computer's fucking up and wont let me send PM's for some reason. that's why i havent gotten back to you

beastie's and pixie's, i can see that

beasties and grand master flash (y)

phade1
05-30-2005, 10:27 AM
FATLIP. They should do collab with Fatlip.

phade1
05-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Mike D and Ad-Rock were in the pharcyde, drop video. But it would be sweet if they actually did a song with FatLip.

gucio1986
05-30-2005, 12:28 PM
best shit i'd like to see would be the beasties performing with mike patton (even Lovage included) The compilation of adrock and pattons voice modulations - YEAH! (this meant to be in Lil' Jons style :])

Junker
05-30-2005, 02:13 PM
junker man, just letting you know my computer's fucking up and wont let me send PM's for some reason. that's why i havent gotten back to you

beastie's and pixie's, i can see that

beasties and grand master flash (y)

No problem man........
Beasties and Grand Master Flash = 2 classics

icy manipulator
05-31-2005, 05:37 AM
I'd like to see the Beastie Boys do something with Darryl McDaniels.

A collaboration with Le Tigre would be cool too. Kathleen Hanna said in an interview that she really wants to collaborate with Alfredo Ortiz and Mark Nishita (almost the Beastie Boys, but not quite). She said Fredo was her all-time favorite drummer. :)

who who and who?

icy manipulator
06-03-2005, 01:37 PM
oh, i just heard a song with roni size and zack de la rocha, called centre of the storm?

anyone else heard it before? it's different, but it's growing on me

i highly recommend it

meniri mca
06-03-2005, 04:20 PM
MOLOTOV AND GORRILAZ( IN AN ANIMATED VIDEO OF COURSE)

Pootytang
06-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Some Beastie-Boys-and-Friends schoolin' is in order.

Darryl McDaniels = DMC in Run-DMC
Le Tigre = New York-based electronic feminist punk band
Kathleen Hanna = member of Le Tigre and Adam Horovitz' girlfriend
Alfredo Ortiz = aka Fredo, Beastie Boys percussionist
Mark Nishita = aka Money Mark, Beastie Boys keyboardist
I think a collab between all the above might make for something interesting.

icy manipulator
06-03-2005, 11:01 PM
is money mark's demo or demolition cd any good?