PDA

View Full Version : Are Beastie Boys any good at freestyling?

Tompz
05-13-2005, 07:10 AM
are they? I bet there are some freestyles on the hub worth checkin out out, so ill do that. Anything in particular to recommend?'

I bet they can feestyle one or two rhymes though.

Junker
05-13-2005, 11:11 AM
are they? I bet there are some freestyles on the hub worth checkin out out, so ill do that. Anything in particular to recommend?'

I bet they can feestyle one or two rhymes though.

well, for me, the beasties' rhymes are simply the best that will ever exist. With time to make their rhymes they're unstoppable. There's no one better than them. But I dont know if they're that good in freestyling. Maybe in freestyling Eminem could be better than them. I dont know.

dave790
05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
A lot of people seem to dismiss the Beasties in terms of being able to freestyle or battle...to b honest there's no great evidence that they'd be great.

I honestly think they'd be ace though, I mean I'd certainly fear standing in front of MCA in a battle...but anyways as far as freestyling goes there's some mp3's about of something they did on french radio in 95. They use lines from their songs though (e.g. MCA takes large portions of Bodhissatava Vow -sorry about the spelling).

Tompz
05-13-2005, 01:32 PM
yeah the radio nova freestyles i believe..

icy manipulator
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
it's hard to say how good they'd really be, because they have without a doubt the best flow when it comes to rhyming and that's what make them so unique. But when it comes to their lyrics.... :confused: some of them are just fucking weird and random.

Eminem should battle the beasties, it'd be interesting, but on the other hand we all know who are without a doubt the greatest white rappers of all time ;)

cj hood
05-13-2005, 02:12 PM
no

sureshot
05-13-2005, 02:18 PM
why does everyone compare eminem to the beastie boys, beasties are way better then eminem will every be.....and if there ever was a battle, no doubt that mike d will kill eminem one on one.....thats because mike d is the greatest rapper to ever live.

Junker
05-13-2005, 02:56 PM
why does everyone compare eminem to the beastie boys, beasties are way better then eminem will every be.....and if there ever was a battle, no doubt that mike d will kill eminem one on one.....thats because mike d is the greatest rapper to ever live.

Dude, everybody knows the Beastie Boys are so much better than Eminem. But in terms of freestyling you cant say Eminem would lose to Mike D. I mean, im a huge fan of the Beasties. But I refuse myself to believe Eminem would be destroyed by Mike D. But a battle between both of them would be very interesting.... (y)

3stooges
05-13-2005, 05:42 PM
eminem is one of the best freestylers ever. the beastie boys never freestyle. he would destroy them.

how can you be good at something you never do

the beasties are great rappers though at what they do

rlwelch
05-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Come ON, you've got to be kidding me. The B-Boys are pretty good rhymers, but Eminem is on a level as far as complexity and flow.

sureshot
05-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Dude, everybody knows the Beastie Boys are so much better than Eminem. But in terms of freestyling you cant say Eminem would lose to Mike D. I mean, im a huge fan of the Beasties. But I refuse myself to believe Eminem would be destroyed by Mike D. But a battle between both of them would be very interesting.... (y)

well said junker.... but compared to the beastie boys, eminem is just a student of the game....he comes nothing close to the beastie boys...and it would be very interesting to see mike d vs eminem, but still no comparision mike d is still the best.... and remember mike d 's ryhme'' if you wanna battle me your puttin loot down''

Micodin
05-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Their not in the the leagues with CJ Hood. But who is?

Laver1969
05-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Come ON, you've got to be kidding me. The B-Boys are pretty good rhymers, but Eminem is on a level as far as complexity and flow.

I don't wanna turn this into an M&M bashing but his complexity and flow bug the shit out of me.

Raina
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM
yeah the radio nova freestyles i believe..
Hearing that radio broadcast...I think..proves that they aren't great freestylist, which really sucked. The whole freestyle was mostly based on all their other songs. Anyways, freestyle aside, they are good rappers, but I wouldn't recommend putting them into any rap battles soon. ^_^

laurie_hammy
05-14-2005, 12:19 AM
As the Beastie Boys said on "Live To The 5 Boroughs" "No Need For It" (y)