PDA

View Full Version : Melkweg gig 1st anniversary

Taco Zip
05-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Roman reminded me of the first anniversary of the Melkweg gig in Amsterdam, tomorrow (May 16th)
So start bringing back those good old memories :D

romanpetr
05-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah,people! That was great day in my life and who was there know that too! I was so happy!!! :) I first time 've saw our Beasties in alive and they even did a shoutout to me. Melkweg was rocked!!! That was amazing show! I want to congratulate all people , who was there with anniversary and would to offer for everybody to recall that wonderful day.
:D (y)

wavin_goodbye
05-15-2005, 07:57 PM
weird coincidence.. i listened to the boot today..

Laver1969
05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Just listened to it in honor of the 1st Anniversary. The Skills performance is just friggin incredible. MMM drops PE in there...and wow.

wavin_goodbye
05-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Just listened to it in honor of the 1st Anniversary. The Skills performance is just friggin incredible. MMM drops PE in there...and wow.

YES! skills is awesome.. the little bit about pannenkoeken and then high energized shake your rump is awesome too...

Laver1969
05-15-2005, 09:37 PM
So Watcha Want was excellent too. And I generally like it when MMM starts it with the studio version...but this one flows beautifully.

martijn
05-16-2005, 05:28 AM
DAMN! time flies

Taco Zip
05-16-2005, 05:55 AM
getting in line to get tickets at 5 in the morning was half the party for me :D

synch
05-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Happy aniversary guys :D

I'm going to put the divx on to celebrate!

synch
05-16-2005, 05:57 AM
getting in line to get tickets at 5 in the morning was half the party for me :D
I was there at seven ;)

You got to keep the drunks from den helder company for a long time then! :D

Taco Zip
05-16-2005, 06:01 AM
I was there at seven ;)

You got to keep the drunks from den helder company for a long time then! :D

Oh yeah I remember!
With that drunken girl falling over the barrier and everything :D
She also 'helped' her boyfriend to take a piss into the canal :rolleyes:

synch
05-16-2005, 06:11 AM
The falling girl was soooo funny... she had magic marker all over her face at some point. It was also very hilarious when he was lying on the street passed out, about five cop cars just drove by him and the sixth bothered to stop, rolled his window down, had a look and drove off again. Gotta love amsterdam ;)

I was the one with that radio around his neck, a guy plugged his ipod into it and we started playing all sorts of music while we played a cardgame sitting on the ground.

At one point he put robbie williams on and I turned the radio off :D

He had put some slayer on and we were blasting it loud, this guy makes his way across the croud, taps me on the shoulder and says:

"could you turn that fucking noise up please?" :D

(Kun je die pokkeherrie wat harder zetten?)

Taco Zip
05-16-2005, 06:26 AM
"could you turn that fucking noise up please?" :D

great line :D

synch
05-16-2005, 06:44 AM
I was watching the gig again and I keep noticing new things!

A few seconds after Mike D does that whole "and when I'm in holland I eat the pannekoeken" routine Mix Master Mike starts "shake your rump".

You can hear Mike D say "oh shit..." just before he has to come in with the first line of the song "Now I rock a house party at the drop of a hat" because he got caught off guard :D

JUST-IN
05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
The Melkweg gig was incredible awesome :eek: :eek:

I tried with a friend of my to buy 2 tickets but there were too many people
in front of us so that thursday was a really sad day for us.
Another friend of my told me that MTV gave tickets away and for that I had to sms a question to MTV that thursday.
The next day I got a phonecall from MTV and they told me that I had won 2 tickets for the Beastie Boys in the Melkweg
:eek: :eek: (y) (y)

That was so f*ckin' incredible and made the show more special than any other Beastie concert I've been too.

I still listen allmost everyday to that gig and ---YES--- the skills with the PE sound is sooooooooo dope

So let's celebrate this 1st anniversary :cool: (!)

°_mullethead_°
05-18-2005, 03:44 PM
GOOD memories!

my first beastie gig, my first time to amsterdam.

taco zip, i still owe you a beer (at least)

Taco Zip
05-19-2005, 05:45 AM
GOOD memories!

my first beastie gig, my first time to amsterdam.

taco zip, i still owe you a beer (at least)

For the ticket you mean?
That's ok, I like to help out beastie fans (y)

BTW you gave me the discount voucher for the cd...

IsaacD
05-22-2005, 07:32 AM
I say goddamn; is it one year ago already. I think I was there around 7.30 am to get the tickets. My friend and I were still drunk from the party we went to; we came all the way from Rotterdam with no sleep at all :D It's fuckin' hilarious when you're stared at in the bus by all the people who are getting to work while you piss yourself over a cup of coffee :o

And Synch, I think I was behind you in line. When I stupidly asked "is this the line for the beastie boys?", were you the one that answered "No man, this is the one for the Kelly family concert"? :D

That show really rocked; I happened to be at the right in front of the stage; between all the jumping people. MTV Holland happened to air 2 versions of the concert; 1 complete and 1 with some songs cut out but with an interview with the boys in between songs. At the end of the complete show the cameraman zooms in on me while I'm standing all sweaty and baffled by the performance staring at the stage and clapping like I'm some sort of retard :D

Does anybody happen to have a divx of the complete show? I'd like to get my hands on that one :)

synch
05-23-2005, 12:31 AM
And Synch, I think I was behind you in line. When I stupidly asked "is this the line for the beastie boys?", were you the one that answered "No man, this is the one for the Kelly family concert"? :D
I don't remember saying that but it's possible as I'm just that kind of bastard :D

Shazam_21
06-11-2005, 04:53 AM
When Adrock gets thrown on Skills and asks "What happens now?" That is amazing how MMM threw him by dropping PE!