PDA

View Full Version : horovitz at the apollo theater

betaband
05-16-2005, 08:12 AM
i always wondered if this was true. Its an interview with neal brennan, co-writer of chapelle's show

DRE: Was the Klu Klux Klan leader who is blind and doesn’t know he’s actually black the most controversial sketch?

NB: Yeah, probably because it’s got so many racial epithets in it also because anytime you have a black dude or anybody in a Klan uniform it’s controversial. The first person we showed the sketch to was our art director who is a black dude and he came up with our logo. He did all the album covers for Def Jam so we thought he would be cool. After we showed it to him he looked like he got punched in the face, just shocked and he said it was really fucked up. It was like when Adam Horovitz [of the Beastie Boys] said the N-word at the Apollo Theater. We thought we were sunk because we hadn’t shown it to anyone else. We do practice shows at Caroline’s Comedy Club in New York so when we showed it there it just killed. The art director was there and I asked what he thought of it then, he said “Aw man people will laugh at anything.” So he wouldn’t admit defeat. We had our breath held there for a little bit.

Extra Cheese
05-16-2005, 03:55 PM
they've denied it but dr. dre hasn't

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
05-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Im sorry.. but it figures he would let something like that slip.
he's as dumb as I am :p He should be blond.
But for real If I had to choose one of the boys to be that dumb, and to not have both his oars in the water, it would definantly be Horovitz.
:rolleyes: