PDA

View Full Version : As the Beasties age...

Fade2White
05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
i was wondering if there are any groups up there that seem like they could take the reins from the beasties with a similar style...i doubt any group could ever come close to being the beasties but like the holland national team i think it would be sweet to get one about now as the boys kind of are getting older (there music still kicks dont get me wrong) but i dont want to go off pulling a france and have nothing good for a while. this is kind of hard to explain so thats why im using soccer teams.....yeah....

Chicka B
05-18-2005, 07:30 PM
There will never be anything like the Beastie Boys, not even close. They are themselves, and they have the best and coolest style. It will be impossible to beat the original, but it would be cool if modern artists would stop putting out bullshit, I agree. ;)

P.T.B.A.I.
05-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Mmm I dunno, I don't think anyone could knock-off the Beastie Boys effectively. The Beasties are incredibly unique and could never have any "successors".

cj hood
05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
they should pull a menudo and have teenagers replace them..........

Chicka B
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
they should pull a menudo and have teenagers replace them..........

You're kidding! :D :D :D Oh well, it's too late to replace them now, they already growed pubic hairs right? :rolleyes: I've been watching too much VH1. :o

discopants
05-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Wow! I've never seen the Beasties compared to the Dutch footie team. Bit harsh as the Dutch are perpetual underachievers with super infalated egos. Is Mike D like Edgar Davids cos of his love of shades?

i dont want to go off pulling a france and have nothing good for a while.

Nice one ;) . I think that qualifies you as a honourary Englishman.

icy manipulator
05-19-2005, 06:25 AM
yeah i dont think there'll be anything like them, like look at white rap besides them! Who could possibly be their successors? Eminem? Insane Clown Posse? hmm......... i dont think so!

laurie_hammy
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Mmm I dunno, I don't think anyone could knock-off the Beastie Boys effectively. The Beasties are incredibly unique and could never have any "successors".

exactly ! there rap, dancing, clothes, attitude, EVERYTHING no matter how many people try all those things, there all round style cant be beaten

Fade2White
05-19-2005, 09:02 PM
like the dutch meshed the old generation with the new, i think itd be sweet if a young group came out that is influenced by the beasties while the beasties where still making music and we got a little of both to kind of ease them into the boys role. this isn't because i think the beastie boys suck now and are too old its just that i know they are going to break everybodys hearts and retire or something and we will be stuck with absolutley nothing except for old records (which is def not bad) but im looking for my generation to keep this certain punk/rap/rock genre going. i know we are all really proud to have jesse mccartney repping us but i dont think hes bad ass enough for my taste.

Fade2White
05-19-2005, 09:03 PM
haha we could start calling Mike D "pitbull"

Laver1969
05-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I was just watching the MTV's Beastie-ography and they have a clip of when the guys switched to Capitol from DefJam/Columbia.

In the 89sh clip Mike says he's heard rumors of a couple kids from New Kids on the Block being asked to replace them at DefJam/Columbia. :D

madchild
05-19-2005, 10:16 PM
i don't think anybody can compare to the beasties style, they are very unique like it was stated before they have their own style in which only they can pull off. but don't think the beasties are the best white rappers of all time. to tell you the truth i think eminem is a much better rhymer than the beasties! but i won't hate the beasties are much more creative than em.

3stooges
05-20-2005, 12:17 AM
they are from a very special time and place, early 80s new york music and art scene, it only happened once like that and will never happen again. there is only one beastie boys and there never will be another. i bet there will be beastie cover bands eventually, which is a funny thought, and there will be other rap groups say in 20 years, ripping off their style, like some of the rock band nowadays rip off early 80s rock styles, so there will be imitators, and by listening to that kid rock song in matchstick men they have certainly had their imitators already, but if anyone ever tried to copy them it would be so obvious that they were ripping them off, because there is really no one else that sounds like them. but no one will never do it with the authentic early 80s new york sound the way they do, they were a huge force in creating that sound, and anyone else that does it, they'll just be a ripoff artist.

roni
05-20-2005, 12:54 AM
that reminds me of this group in high school. there were three of 'em of course and they all had these orange dickies onesuit things... and one was obviously biting off mike d with the glasses and big chain with the vw.... very nice actually. anyway, they were funny. they did this song at the talent show rapping about one of the school admistrators. hhahahahaaa! i loved it. i wish i bought a copy of their cd. i forget what they called themselves. but, they were oozing beastieness. very entertaining. high school was fun...good times...

steve-onpoint
05-20-2005, 08:47 AM
as entertainers, Mike says that Doug E. Fresh gives the Beastie Boys a run for their money.

DaytonaPaceCar
05-20-2005, 10:40 AM
I just hope they keep kickin' it! And hope nothing wacked happens to any of them like what happened with Run-DMC and Jay Master Jay. :( I sure hope to see them live once though. Never have. I was all syched up for Lollapallooza I think it was back in like '94 when Nirvana and the Beastie Boys and all were in the line up and then Kurt went and committed suicide and that basically went down the drain. I was looking forward to seeing Nirvana for sure as well. But I have been a Beasties fan since 1985 when 'She's On It' hit MTV and I was hooked! I have every album and it all still sounds great - never ages! Glad this could be my first post. :D

PaddyBoy
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
I was just watching the MTV's Beastie-ography and they have a clip of when the guys switched to Capitol from DefJam/Columbia.

In the 89sh clip Mike says he's heard rumors of a couple kids from New Kids on the Block being asked to replace them at DefJam/Columbia. :D

New Kids on the Pipeline, I think he said!

Laver1969
05-20-2005, 11:01 AM
New Kids on the Pipeline, I think he said!

Yes.. you're correct. Then he corrected himself with "block". Good catch. (y)

kll
05-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Why would you want to listen to Beastie-knock offs though? I mean, I'm all up for listening to new music, but not if it's all about wanna-be sound...

wavin_goodbye
05-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Wow! I've never seen the Beasties compared to the Dutch footie team. Bit harsh as the Dutch are perpetual underachievers with super infalated egos. Is Mike D like Edgar Davids cos of his love of shades?

Nice one ;) . I think that qualifies you as a honourary Englishman.

yeah but at least their team has won something in the past 10 years, compared with the english, who only win in brawls and bar fights..

paul jones
05-21-2005, 03:43 PM
There can never be another group so fucking amazing than the Beastie Boys

FloorK
05-21-2005, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=discopants]Wow! I've never seen the Beasties compared to the Dutch footie team. Bit harsh as the Dutch are perpetual underachievers with super infalated egos. Is Mike D like Edgar Davids cos of his love of shades?

Don't be insulting the DUTCH soccerteam!
:mad:

laurie_hammy
05-21-2005, 08:30 PM
There can never be another group so fucking amazing than the Beastie Boys

exactly