PDA

View Full Version : Illest Sample?

Kid Presentable
05-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I've heard some good examples of the B-Boys being sampled in hip-hop by EPMD(using both the 'Over Here' from the New Style, and the interpolation of 'Shake your Rump(I know that's not where it came from originally, Jesus!)), Beatnuts(looping Adrock for 'The Story', a sick cut in my books (y) ) and whatnot. I would just like to hear some ideas you guys have for vocal samples of the Boys that could add an ill twist to a hip-hop song.

For Example, I always thought that "Fools can't see me, that's how it is" if cut up correct, would sound nice as a hook. Or shit like 'Well I'm chilly chill all of the time', you know just droppin snippets into tracks the way the B-Boys have for so long....

My favourites: "Get off my back"(Funky Boss) , "I could understand because he sounds so nice"(Alive) or "Rolling down the hill"(Barrel of a gun). They could all be thrown with good effect into a new joint at least in my mind.

If you disagree then post your favourite snippets and how you would use 'em. (y)

dave790
05-20-2005, 02:12 PM
I like this idea (y)

again as you said, if cut right and used effectively (or how i am playing it in my mind), the line 'now i'm sure what it take's to be hip a lot of people makin music that to me ain't shit' could be cool. with a break in the middle, so like 'now i'm not sure what it takes to be hip.....------......'a lot of people making music that to me ain't shit...' ect

rlwelch
05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Ice Cube sampled Adrock's "and on the cool check it, set a stage on the mic" for "Check Yo' Self" on The Predator. It was pretty cool.

icy manipulator
05-20-2005, 08:13 PM
prodigy sampled "oh my god that's the funky shit" from root down, but i guess everyone knows that

steve-onpoint
05-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Das EFX sampled Adrock's "Here's a litte story I've got to tell" in the song Caught in Da Ak

"Well, um, take this job 'n' shove it!" (Diggy Das)

zippy
05-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Somewhat related - I just noticed that Mos Def samples the Beasties in his song Speed Law from the album Black on Both Sides. From Get It Together, 3:35 into the song when the Beasties say "watch it."