PDA

View Full Version : sighting in nyc

spygyrl
05-21-2005, 02:19 AM
yesterday in new york city on my way to work, i saw mca skateboarding down the street on hudson below christopher street. his hair was all peppered and he had on plain tshirt and shorts. too cool!

i've actually seen all three of them before in this area. their studio must be around here - or they live around here....

Mcmac
05-21-2005, 02:49 AM
sweet! (y)

boys_beastie
05-21-2005, 03:25 AM
cool! :D(y) ive been there on holiday a few times, woulda been cool if i saw em but meh.

enree erzweglle
05-21-2005, 04:13 AM
How sweet is that. I love that he still skateboards.

(A 45-year old friend of mine rock climbs and broke her arm on a fall a couple of years ago. Everyone berated her for doing a young sport at her age. I told her to blow those people off and she did. Age is a state of mind.)

P.T.B.A.I.
05-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Wooo awesome! :D

By the way, Enree, that's really cool about your friend. (y)

YoungRemy
05-21-2005, 08:12 AM
welcome, spygyrl, more sightings please!!

Happyrunr
05-21-2005, 10:26 AM
yesterday in new york city on my way to work, i saw mca skateboarding down the street on hudson below christopher street. his hair was all peppered and he had on plain tshirt and shorts. too cool!

i've actually seen all three of them before in this area. their studio must be around here - or they live around here....

Uggg I'm so jealous. I cant wait to go to NY in November- not that I'll sight anyone though.
You should do what you love at any age- who says only youngin's can skateboard? That's crazy. I saw on the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun" last night- a women on there said something about "if you lose your childhood ways, you may as well die" or something like that. I totally agree.

Chicka B
05-21-2005, 10:58 AM
That's awsome that you saw him spygyrl. (y) Yauch is very cool. :cool: (y) And I agree about your friend enree, age is a state of mind. (y) When I get older, I won't stop doing the things I like to do either, because that's really stupid. I don't think 40 is old though, they all don't act anywhere near 40. :p

enree erzweglle
05-21-2005, 02:17 PM
That's awsome that you saw him spygyrl. (y) Yauch is very cool. :cool: (y) And I agree about your friend enree, age is a state of mind. (y) When I get older, I won't stop doing the things I like to do either, because that's really stupid. I don't think 40 is old though, they all don't act anywhere near 40. :p

I saw my friend on that rock-climbing fall and it's true--you see things like that in slow motion. It was surreal--something out of a David Lynch movie.

I don't think 40 is old either. I never really did.

My dad is 76 and you wouldn't know it. He looks & moves like he's a lot younger than that and is very spritely. My ma died pretty suddenly when he was 54 (she was 54 too) and he never quite got over that; he never remarried.

He walks the mall every day for 8 miles (!). He walks so fast--he's got this gate that you can't quite catch up to unless you half run and when you do that, people think you've stolen something. :p

He's tall with Phil Donohue (pure white hair) and very light green eyes and these old-lady mall girls hang all over him--they bake him stuff 2-3 times a week and I think it's so funny because he has no intentions for any of them. I think they know that but like to think it could happen. Ewww.

Anyway, I don't think he's ever realized his age but he's never been a jerk about it either. Good thing.

paul jones
05-21-2005, 02:54 PM
I have no skills at skateboarding but I'm glad Mr Yauch still gets about on one because it's enviromentally friendly and less stress than having a car (y)

cj hood
05-21-2005, 07:39 PM
nice.........i'm gonna hit the nyc on friday......hope to see some beastie action.....

laurie_hammy
05-21-2005, 09:06 PM

thats awsome ! take a photo next time haha, ya dont call yaself Spygyrl for nothing ;)

instigator7022
05-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Oooooooooo man I'm going to NYC tommorow. I swear I'm going to keep my eyes peeled so bad. I really really really want to see one of them FOR REAL Can i get some feedback on areas where they've been seen a lot?

Mcmac
05-23-2005, 12:44 AM
the bastid should be workin on our dvd not skateboardng round nyc

tomsanderson86
05-23-2005, 06:39 AM

what is peppered hair?

im_country_mike
05-23-2005, 07:36 AM
thats wikid! so jealous rite now. I think that thier HQ is down Canal Street but dont quote me on that. When I went to New York last year me and my sis were always on the look out for the rare (and very very cool) breed they call beastie boy, if we saw one of them tho we wouldnt of gone up to them screaming, just a sly smile is good enuff!!!!

on our hol we came across pauls boutique, murrays cheese shop and in the check your head album cover theres a small sign yellow sayin something like' No CD's No Tapes Just records', my point is we found that shop too, twas amazing i tell thee.

b-grrrlie
05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
what is peppered hair?

Salt and pepper hair: dark hair with dashes of grey.

iLL kID
05-23-2005, 12:29 PM
ill be there friday too

Chicka B
05-23-2005, 03:01 PM

Impatient? It's alright, me too. :D

hardnox71
05-23-2005, 11:46 PM
He's tall with Phil Donohue (pure white hair)
Phil Donohue's a fucking jagoff. I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times in the past and he's ALWAYS and arrogant dickhead.

Donohue used to be in Chicago before Oprah pushed his ass to NYC. Well, the accounting firm that did his taxes and handled his money and shit had been with him for years and he just kept them. So even though he was located in NYC, Philip Rootberg and Company, right across the street from the Sears Tower kept track of what he spent.

Anyway, I was the office clerk. Every day when the receptionists went on lunch I would have to cover the fucking main desk until they got back. That included answering the phones. A couple of times I picked it up and it was Donohue snarling "Lemme speak to Phil!" (Rootberg).

"May I tell him who's calling?"
*SIGH* *HUFF* *PUFF* "It's Phil!!!"
"I'm sorry, sir, but Phil who?"
"DONOHUE, GODDAMMIT!! PUT PHIL ON THE PHONE!! JESUS CHRIST, BLAH BLAH BLAH"

The guys was a first class dickhead.

Sorry for the sidetrack, there. But seeing his name made me think of that shit.
Ok. Back to the Beasties.

BGirl
05-24-2005, 12:29 AM

the guy can't eat lunch? sheesh

next time I'm at Blind Tiger I'll keep my eyes peeled for Yauch to go whizzing by. our friend who favors that bar is movin back to town so we'll probably find ourselves there a bit this summer. crowded ass place. :D

enree erzweglle
05-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Phil Donohue's a fucking jagoff.
That's a shame about Phil D.

I haven't heard the word jagoff in so long and don't apologize for the sidetrack--I started it. :)

Laver1969
05-24-2005, 07:45 AM
I haven't heard the word jagoff in so long and don't apologize for the sidetrack--I started it. :)

I never heard the word jagoff until i moved to Chicago about 8 years ago.