PDA

View Full Version : the weave

Taco Zip
05-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't know if this has been sorted out before, but today I stumbled across the original track where the tune of the weave comes from: It's Apache by the Shadows from 1960.
Check out a snippet here (http://www.beastieboysremixes.com/board/theweave.mp3).

For those of you who don't know what the weave is, it's a little thing they do on live shows, check here (http://www.beastieboysremixes.com/board/theweave_hmh.mp3) for an example.

enree erzweglle
05-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't know if this has been sorted out before, but today I stumbled across the original track where the tune of the weave comes from: It's Apache by the Shadows from 1960.
Check out a snippet here (http://www.beastieboysremixes.com/board/theweave.mp3).

For those of you who don't know what the weave is, it's a little thing they do on live shows, check here (http://www.beastieboysremixes.com/board/theweave_hmh.mp3) for an example.
See, I've never seen the weave in person. I saw a video of it a few months ago but I don't think it had sound associated with it. So, you're saying that when they do the weave, it's always to music, non-Beasties music, and always the same song? I gots to get to a BB concert.

GrndMasterRemix
05-21-2005, 04:43 PM
cdsv

YoungRemy
05-21-2005, 05:15 PM
So, you're saying that when they do the weave, it's always to music, non-Beasties music, and always the same song? I gots to get to a BB concert.

its not always to the same song, and usually its to their own music...

I saw them break out the weave during shake your rump in new orleans...

enree erzweglle
05-21-2005, 05:30 PM
cdsv
okay.

enree erzweglle
05-21-2005, 05:30 PM

You lucky, lucky bastard. :D

Someday I'll get weaved. Woven?

tpk
05-21-2005, 07:50 PM
apache must be one of the most recorded songs. i guess the shadows were one of the first to make it but then there's the ventures and so on. though i guess the ventures made a lot of covers. electric bongo band and the sugar hill gang had two successful apache songs as well.

Laver1969
05-21-2005, 10:08 PM
On the TT5B tour they did the weave during the apache break in Root Down.

There's a whole thread on it somewhere. Beastiemania has an interview that someone did with the Beasties right around the 2$ Bill show and they discuss the weave.

Kid Presentable
05-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Three man Weave, Basketball Drill...

Taco Zip
05-22-2005, 02:59 AM

I saw them do the weave 3 times last year and it was always Apache.
I Didn't know they did the weave with other tunes too.

YoungRemy
05-22-2005, 07:46 AM
root down, shake your rump, its all good...

i just watched that voodoo video again, what energy!

i guess im not familiar with the Apache breakdown...

PaddyBoy
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I saw them do the weave 3 times last year and it was always Apache.
I Didn't know they did the weave with other tunes too.

They did it at the MTV 98 awards during Intergalactic, pretty cool.

Laver1969
05-22-2005, 12:05 PM
root down, shake your rump, its all good...

i just watched that voodoo video again, what energy!

i guess im not familiar with the Apache breakdown...

Voodoo video? Are you talking about the couple of songs the voodoo website posted?

Also I believe they did the weave on the Glasgow HN show. It's been a while since I've seen it though.

Documad
05-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes, The Weave thread was one of my favorites. It died during the purge/pruning because it was started by a now deleted person.

I remember seeing the weave in the same place at all shows I attended on the TT5B tour except for the MSG show. But folks who were there SWEAR they did it, so I'm waiting for the DVD with baited breath. (My friend swears they didn't but she was more impaired than I was.)

And they never did capture Mike's dance on video, did they?

Kid Presentable
05-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Yes, The Weave thread was one of my favorites. It died during the purge/pruning because it was started by a now deleted person.

No disrespect to cj hood, but R.I.P W!!!!

Laver1969
05-22-2005, 12:31 PM

I remember seeing the weave in the same place at all shows I attended on the TT5B tour except for the MSG show. But folks who were there SWEAR they did it, so I'm waiting for the DVD with baited breath. (My friend swears they didn't but she was more impaired than I was.)

And they never did capture Mike's dance on video, did they?

They did the weave at MSG. Yauch also missed the spot coming in on RRNN for the last verse, but MMM covered. They also stopped and restarted Brass Monkey. And had some audio problems with the shout outs. Chris Rock and Flavor Flav were on the shout outs.

Yo KP, why RIP the W? It's the only thing that gets really gets Yauch moving. :rolleyes:

midzi
05-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Yo KP, why RIP the W? It's the only thing that gets really gets Yauch moving. :rolleyes:

ha ha

Yauch is a real dancer :)

Documad
05-22-2005, 12:40 PM
No disrespect to cj hood, but R.I.P W!!!!
Damn straight.

Laver, it means "rest in peace, wints." The Weave was one of her great threads. She and M kept that sucker alive and kept adding good stuff to it.

Laver1969
05-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Damn straight.

Laver, it means "rest in peace, wints." The Weave was one of her great threads. She and M kept that sucker alive and kept adding good stuff to it.

Ahhh...i got it. I thought W as in Weave. :o

YoungRemy
05-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Voodoo video? Are you talking about the couple of songs the voodoo website posted?

Also I believe they did the weave on the Glasgow HN show. It's been a while since I've seen it though.

yeah the voodoofestival official website has great footage of "Time to get Ill" into "shake your rump", into "MMM interlude"...

memory fading...

must....

have....

DVD....

Raina
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
We do the weave for basketball practice as one of our drills, its actually my favorite one. I remember someone in my group got confused with the weave so when the other person passed the ball to her she got smacked in the face.....pretty cool.

°_mullethead_°
05-23-2005, 06:50 PM
apache must be one of the most recorded songs. i guess the shadows were one of the first to make it but then there's the ventures and so on. though i guess the ventures made a lot of covers. electric bongo band and the sugar hill gang had two successful apache songs as well.

there you go (http://soul-sides.com/2005/04/all-roads-lead-to-apache.html)

kid fresh
05-23-2005, 07:17 PM
sounds like "jump on it" by sir mix-a-lot to me, but im a young 'un.

kid fresh
05-23-2005, 07:19 PM
hehe. i dont know what im saying

steve-onpoint
05-23-2005, 08:36 PM
i wove a basket at camp.

Rawr
10-21-2005, 02:12 PM
the video wont work for me... i still have no clue what the weave is o.O