PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys reference on jepordy

chickinwhite
05-24-2005, 06:35 PM
In the catagory geography. The thousand doallar question went something like
"You may have studied geograpy but did you study the Beastie Boys No Sleep Till _______"

I thought it was prettty crazy to see the Beastie Boys referenced on jepordy but the guy got it right showing he had some beastie knowledge

BOBBY DIGITAL
05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
"You may have studied the Presidents and State Birds, but how about the Beastie Boys and No Sleep Til......?" (y)

Chicka B
05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Awsome!! (y) :D When was that? To bad I don't watch that show anymore.

instigator7022
05-24-2005, 06:41 PM
i just deduced that the beasties pretty much won that guy a thousand dollars

Brooklyn Babe
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
that is very cool. :D

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
05-24-2005, 08:21 PM
DAMNIT!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: (n)

it was still pretty cool though I must admit, I answered that question before Alex started to read it. I would have been 100 bucks richer!!! :cool:

cj hood
05-25-2005, 05:37 AM
In the catagory geography. The thousand doallar question went something like
"You may have studied geograpy but did you study the Beastie Boys No Sleep Till _______"

I thought it was prettty crazy to see the Beastie Boys referenced on jepordy but the guy got it right showing he had some beastie knowledge

my wife yelled down the basement to tell me this........

iceygirl
05-25-2005, 05:46 AM
was it ken jennings that answered it? i didnt see it last night.

on a sidenote, has anyone else heard that ken jennings is gonna have a game show on comedy central?

enree erzweglle
05-25-2005, 05:57 AM
was it ken jennings that answered it? i didnt see it last night.

on a sidenote, has anyone else heard that ken jennings is gonna have a game show on comedy central?

I missed his little face all these months and am glad to see that he's back for the tournament of champions.

I tivo'd last night's show, so tonight I'll have two shows to watch to see who wins.

I didn't know he had his own show anywhere but I'm not surprised to hear about it. I actually expected that they'd give him some sort of role on Jeopardy and then eventually move him into Alex Trebec's position. (Though I'd miss Alex Trebec lots.)

I saw Jeopardy being taped here last Fall. Alex took questions from the audience and he had a creepy request from a fan: "Can I give you a big hug?" and he politely declined. Then the next question was something like, "What's the strangest thing anyone's ever said to you?" and he responded something like "I think we just saw it." He seems like a kind, intelligent guy. He still looks great--very fit and athletic looking.

iceygirl
05-25-2005, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=enree erzweglle]I missed his little face all these months and am glad to see that he's back for the tournament of champions.

that made me giggle a little :)

enree erzweglle
05-25-2005, 06:03 AM
I missed his little face all these months and am glad to see that he's back for the tournament of champions.

that made me giggle a little :)
:) I know there were people who didn't like Ken. It seemed like he had polar reactions from people--they either loved or hated him. He always made me smile. He seems genuine and humble, sweet. I liked the story about how he met his wife and how his kid, after watching him on Jeopardy for all those months, now calls him Ken Jennings instead of dad. :D

iceygirl
05-25-2005, 06:58 AM
:) I liked the story about how he met his wife and how his kid, after watching him on Jeopardy for all those months, now calls him Ken Jennings instead of dad. :D

hahahajahahja~!

you're on a roll :P

Clarence_Nice
05-25-2005, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=iceygirl]was it ken jennings that answered it? i didnt see it last night.

YES....just in case the previous posts didn't make that 100% clear!

alexandra
05-25-2005, 02:27 PM
we would've all screamed BROOKLYN!!!! at the tv. :p

Raina
05-25-2005, 06:51 PM
^Probably would've!! :p

YoungRemy
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
we would've all screamed BROOKLYN!!!! at the tv. :p

What is Brooklyn Alex??

:D :D

AKAsharpchedda
05-26-2005, 06:32 PM
that was actually the second beastie boys reference i saw on jeopardy. the first one i saw was about the anagram for beastie.

b-grrrlie
05-27-2005, 03:20 AM
What is Brooklyn Alex??

:D :D
Spacemonkey's dog! :D

Tompz
05-27-2005, 12:26 PM
....bedtime?